The Masters of the EHR - 2018

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: The Masters of the EHR - 2018

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Had two bunker shots on the first two holes... so I'm only par so far. Another challenging and potentially frustrating competition... At least I finished the second hole with 680.01 meters, a little something to be proud of. :)

Now how do I practice handgun shots from 180 meters? I don't think we have a range for that... :?
Image Image Image
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Had two bunker shots on the first two holes... so I'm only par so far. Another challenging and potentially frustrating competition... At least I finished the second hole with 680.01 meters, a little something to be proud of. :)

Now how do I practice handgun shots from 180 meters? I don't think we have a range for that... :?
RFF AA range you can see the black bear targets from 180 and 190 from outside the range. Use the 2-6x20mm Handgun Scope first line below the center crosshair is good for those distances but not exactly the same on all the revolvers..
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

RidgeBack69 wrote:RFF AA range you can see the black bear targets from 180 and 190 from outside the range. Use the 2-6x20mm Handgun Scope first line below the center crosshair is good for those distances but not exactly the same on all the revolvers..
Thanks for that hint, buddy! I'll try my luck... :)
Image Image Image
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

My pleasure Tann.

@Dyeuz another Nice hole in one buddy :!: I still have one more chance to catch you and one more to pass you but the shot is going to be hard to make let alone make it 5 times. but I will wait till you have done your next hole.
Spoiler:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Thx RB . You talking / thinking about doing 3 x 240m shots on hole #7 ?
I will be only able to continue tonight though . Family stuff in couple minutes .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

.062 from a hole in one. Pretty damn frustrating. Here's hoping the new game enhancement is an ACCURATE range finder binoculars. Said exactly 180. The frickin' gun barrel is not 1.2 meters long. No way.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

That is frustrating Stan. I remember being caught out by barrel distance years ago during one of the Summer Fiesta missions. Are you sure you weren't using one of these?
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

caledonianblues wrote:That is frustrating Stan. I remember being caught out by barrel distance years ago during one of the Summer Fiesta missions. Are you sure you weren't using one of these?
:lol: :lol:

Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I need to clarify something - Lets say I do a hunt, ends up a bogie so I say "mulligan" .... I start another hunt and first shot - a miss :shock: so I can use my 2nd mulligan there right? So now, I have to finish all the hunts, no more do-overs right? ... that's how I understand it, unless I only get 1 mulligan on a particular hole? and can only use the 2nd on a different hole? ...

So the first hunt- did something really stupid - I make my second shot for over 200 with rifle, a Roo - I see the scoresheet, write down a number on my sheet I printed, and nice job on that Tod! (assuming it was yours) So, I know what my remaining distance is- I wanted it to be over 74 for pistol, but wasn't -
Hole 460 - first 210.94 = 249.06 second 178.82 = 70.24 - 3rd shot bow 80.55 = 10.31 needed for a par! 3rd shot -9.97 = 0.37 -IN THE HOLE! Right? Nope, remaining distance was 3.01 not .37 - So here's where I screwed up - Took the weight of the Roo instead of the distance. I went to submit the hunt and it gives me a bogie :o had to go back through it to see where I messed up. Man, it would've been even easier to par :lol: but I got was impressed to pull a sub 10m on a fox, not easy. Was planning to do a rabbit, but had an opportunity to try a fox first since I had bunnies in the area, I expected the fox to spook like 100% but had just enough time to drop it. He was going to do a loop around instead of coming straight in to my call, that's where he messed up.

So wondering if I missed the cut. But I have to say, @Tod1d - kick ass concept! This is pretty cool one of hte most unique comps I can recall. It's all shooter based with lots of stategy options and that's a pretty rare combo to pull of. Praise the gods for this comp generator for without it, none of this happens.

It was nice to try some hunting again, I've been really busy dealing with family stuff so it was awesome to escape for a while to neverland :D ~
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

You could have used both mullies for the first hole. You would be like Lovie Smith, who always used up his challenges in the first half.

I was working on hole #4..first shot is a Roo at 215, on a 485 hole, figure the next rifle shot has to be between 185-190, to keep the third shot at 75+. Whack a goat at 187, and I swear I saw it buckle. Put a spot where it was before I shot. Got down there and nothing. No blood, no track, ran around for almost an hour trying to find it. Did two 200 meter loops from the hit spot, and never found it. So, when I take the mullie tomorrow, I'm out of 'em too.

If you have Excel, use the spreadsheet that Tod1d provided. It does the math for you after each shot. But it doesn't matter if you're going to use the weight instead of the distance. ;)

Return to “Competitions”