"Loose Moose V 2.0"

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
BCKidd

"Loose Moose V 2.0"

Post by BCKidd »

Moose Loose V2.0 by BCKidd
A revisit to the “A Moose Loose Competition” - previously brought to you by caledonianblues
Harvest exactly 20 Moose in one hunt! Can you do it? You'll be able to try your luck soon!

Start Date: June 22 2018 @ 00:00 UTC
End Date: July 1 2018 @ 23:58 UTC

Prizes

1st Place: 3000 em$
2nd Place: 2000 em$
3rd Place: 1000 em$
4th Place: 500 em$

Bonus: 5000 em$

See below for more information on the bonus prize.

Rules

Important: Short hunts lasting less than 30 minutes real time will invoke a time-out which prevents you from hunting on the same reserve again, for this competition, for a period of 30 minutes real time. Hunt duration must be a minimum of 1 hour real time. Hunts lasting less than 60 seconds due to server disconnects or other connectivity problems will not count towards the aforementioned time-out rule. Please observe these rules carefully since failure to follow them is grounds for disqualification.

Please also note:
  • Single player only
  • You must harvest exactly 20 moose
  • Your hunt summary must show an equal ratio of shots fired to animals harvested, i.e. one-shot kills
  • Ethical ammo only *
  • Unlimited attempts
  • Up to 2 submissions
  • Use of equipment is unrestricted, e.g. blinds, towers, tripods
  • Reserves include Redfeather Falls, Hemmeldal and Whiterime Ridge
* Disqualified moose or blacktail deer will render your hunt unusable

Scoring

Your score is the combined weight in kg of your 20 moose, plus the score of your highest scoring moose. An additional 15% will be added to your score if all moose die with zero wound time, i.e. instant kill.

Bonus

An anonymous sponsor has generously donated 5000 em$ to the prize pool. This will be awarded to the participant that harvests the highest scoring blacktail deer during the competition, which of course means submitting a hunt from Redfeather Falls.

Trophies

The participants that place 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th respectively, will each receive one of the following trophies. Final trophies will be high-resolution renders.

The participant that wins the blacktail deer bonus will receive the following trophy.

Hunting Other Species

You are welcome to hunt other species, provided you stick to the rules of engagement listed above. That means all time-based rules, plus an equal ratio of shots fired to animals harvested.

Conditions

I reserve the right to modify the rules and terms of this competition at any time between the date and time of this post, and the start of the competition. I also reserve the right to cancel this competition at any time. UHC and competition hosts reserve the right to disqualify any participant at their discretion for any reason, including but not limited to cheating, unsportsmanlike conduct, harassment, et. al. Discrepancies and ambiguities in the rules or scoring site will be addressed by UHC or the competition host as expediently as possible. It is your responsibility to check competition start and finish times, and adjust accordingly.

All prizes are final and cannot be refused by anyone who places a prize position. It is at your discretion what you decide to do with your prizes once they have been awarded. All prizes will be in the form of em$ gift codes.

I will be participating but not for any em$ or accolades.
Last edited by BCKidd on April 25th, 2018, 7:57 pm, edited 6 times in total.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Re: "Loose Moose V 2.0"

Post by VonStratos »

Man a moose harvest competition, count me in, but just a question, could you elaborate on the weight+score system? what if i hunt 19 females and only one male? or must be males only and weight its a tie breaker?

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

VonStratos wrote:Man a moose harvest competition, count me in, but just a question, could you elaborate on the weight+score system? what if i hunt 19 females and only one male? or must be males only and weight its a tie breaker?
Scoring is total weight (+) highest scoring. You can hunt females if you want. But it ain't suggested. And if you do make sure you have at least one male so its score can be added to your total female weight. Hope that helps. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
Last edited by BCKidd on April 25th, 2018, 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Ok, i get it now thanks, i have done some good moose rampages in WRR but 20 males its kind of hard to find so i guess i will have to fill a portion with females :)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
ForstHeld
Outfitter

Post by ForstHeld »

Yeah Run&Gun on Whiterime count me in if i have time :=)
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Last time I tried it for David's, I was either crashing on getting bad hitboxes.
Lets see if this time I have more luck...
Thanks for hosting!
Spoiler:
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Shouldn't this wait until WRR is fixed? I see there is no start date, perhaps that's what you are doing.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

The start date has been added. Let's hope WRR is fixed, like EW claims as of t'days GU. If it isn't we still have two other reserves to work with. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

BCKidd wrote:The start date has been added. Let's hope WRR is fixed, like EW claims as of t'days GU. If it isn't we still have two other reserves to work with. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
How many times has EW told us WRR is fixed? :lol: :lol:
Spoiler:
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

Is it harvest exactly 20 moose only in one hunt or you can harvest more than 20 moose but only your top 20 moose will count?

Return to “Competitions”