"Loose Moose V 2.0"

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
BCKidd

Re: "Loose Moose V 2.0"

Post by BCKidd »

JamboWhoDat wrote:Is it harvest exactly 20 moose only in one hunt or you can harvest more than 20 moose but only your top 20 moose will count?
Yes, exactly twenty moose. Other animals may be harvested too, these however don't count, and the risk of losing a hunt of 20 awesome moose for a 190+ WT etc., is high, as the ROE must be followed- "Number of animals harvested is equal to the number of shots fired" Thanks for that question, I have updated the 1st post to reflect this. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

BCKidd wrote:
JamboWhoDat wrote:Is it harvest exactly 20 moose only in one hunt or you can harvest more than 20 moose but only your top 20 moose will count?
Yes, exactly twenty moose. Other animals may be harvested too, these however don't count, and the risk of losing a hunt of 20 awesome moose for a 190+ WT etc., is high, as the ROE must be followed- "Shots equal to number of harvests". Thanks for that question, I have updated the 1st post to reflect this. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
Yeah that's what I thought you meant, but it got me thinking how fun it would be to hunt WRR from 0500 to 1900 with the .340 or .45-70, running and gunning and dropping every single moose I see and hoping the top 20 would be an awesome score.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

:arrow: BCKidd

"Hunts less than 30 seconds (disconnects, can't connect to server) won't count toward this rule."

From the time you hit START on the Launcher, go through the music, etc. and crash when you get in the game is 46-47 seconds, depending on your PC speed. Perhaps a 60 sec leeway? Especially if you spawn at a lodge, and don't FT. ?

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Awesome! Looking forward to this one. I wasn't able to do it the first time as WRR was brand new and I don't think a lot of us knew how to hunt it like we do today so this will make for a fun comp. It's still no cake walk because 20 bulls is doable, if I remember right it took a few hours at least.
As for hunting other animals, unless it's a super rare bison I wouldn't even think about it. You don't want to blow 3 or 4 hours by a bad shot on a bison that runs off on ya - 1 shot, 1 kill - Food for thought :D
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

stancomputerhunter wrote::arrow: BCKidd

"Hunts less than 30 seconds (disconnects, can't connect to server) won't count toward this rule."

From the time you hit START on the Launcher, go through the music, etc. and crash when you get in the game is 46-47 seconds, depending on your PC speed. Perhaps a 60 sec leeway? Especially if you spawn at a lodge, and don't FT. ?
I agree with Stan . From noticing the time in the past and even present , being a bit more than 30 secs .
No one is considered SM with 60 secs or less hunts, anyway .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

DYEUZ wrote:

I agree with Stan . From noticing the time in the past and even present , being a bit more than 30 secs .
I vote thirds- :D This is kind of common for me especially on weekends. Sometimes I've had to try 3 times to get a hunt to start and mostly on WRR. If this patch works I think we're good.
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
Spoiler:
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Radamus wrote:I wasn't able to do it the first time as WRR was brand new and I don't think a lot of us knew how to hunt it like we do today so this will make for a fun comp.
Remember, you don't have to hunt at WRR, you can hunt them in any reserve you please.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Radamus wrote:
DYEUZ wrote:

I vote thirds- :D This is kind of common for me especially on weekends. Sometimes I've had to try 3 times to get a hunt to start and mostly on WRR. If this patch works I think we're good.
Updated. Thanks for pointing out disconnect times. I'm a'ight with 60 seconds. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

caledonianblues wrote:
Radamus wrote:I wasn't able to do it the first time as WRR was brand new and I don't think a lot of us knew how to hunt it like we do today so this will make for a fun comp.
Remember, you don't have to hunt at WRR, you can hunt them in any reserve you please.
This is true. I may not be seeing this from a broader perspective in all fairness. It's probably just the built in thoughts because it's what this was all about the first time hunting WRR. Giving it more thought, yeah I could certainly see RFF a good option but I'd put Hemm in 3rd. Who knows, might all have the same spawn numbers for all we know and saying one is better than another as far as animals go would be hogwash. In fact I could see a scenario where the only difference between RFF and WRR is the distance between the spawn points :?:
Spoiler:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I think we all think of WRR first because Moose area its a huge plain area with good visibility and almost no other animal except bison and the occasional sitka, but in RFF you get many forest and bears, white, blacks and elks, and all roam the areas where the moose are, making more hard to not spook by accident a deer, or becoming in distraction, like if you see a huge 400+ elk while tracking a moose. What would you do?

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."

Return to “Competitions”