"Loose Moose V 2.0"

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Rebeljohn2
Tracker

Re: "Loose Moose V 2.0"

Post by Rebeljohn2 »

i took a look at where he shot that BT at and its real close to where i shot my 190 but from my exp seeing that and harvesting it, one must get up and walk around fist pumpin with a few deep breaths and a few woohoo's and then a min to calm down and get back to the moose.. not caring about 0 kill time but focusing on the 20 kills and posting that beast of a BT , after i shot my first 194 BT i was so dam excited i forgot to take a trophy shot and ended the hunt and then did the woohoo's and fist pumps lol.. funny how excited we get when we bag a monster, after 2500 wolves and 2600 mules i still get the nerves when i see a 95kg wolf or a 240kg buck in my sights.. i guess I'm addicted lol
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Rebeljohn2 wrote:i took a look at where he shot that BT at and its real close to where i shot my 190 but from my exp seeing that and harvesting it, one must get up and walk around fist pumpin with a few deep breaths and a few woohoo's and then a min to calm down and get back to the moose.. not caring about 0 kill time but focusing on the 20 kills and posting that beast of a BT , after i shot my first 194 BT i was so dam excited i forgot to take a trophy shot and ended the hunt and then did the woohoo's and fist pumps lol.. funny how excited we get when we bag a monster, after 2500 wolves and 2600 mules i still get the nerves when i see a 95kg wolf or a 240kg buck in my sights.. i guess I'm addicted lol
Hunter name?

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

So to get real about this one- going to take 20 bulls and the bonus to be in the running. Pretty cool how close this one will be. I ran out of gas on mine since I had some runners but I started with a flawed strategy- looked for a shot for the moose brothers comp and shouldn't have done that. I had some nice bulls right off the bat, upper range of the trk/spt so paused the game and went to bed. Started back this morning and decided to make a run of at least completing it. Had 3.5 hours in it. Had a strange spawn though, things weren't where they normally would be in some cases so wasn't sure how it would turn out. The moose didn't do too bad hunting either, killed me about 3 times I think :lol:
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Rebeljohn2
Tracker

Post by Rebeljohn2 »

HankBow the (master of disaster) tried my luck on the Hemmeldal map and started from the south lodge , continued south to the edge of the map and worked my way north east and then a west and back south along the road past the lodge headed west and back north , after 13,000m+ plenty of roe to shoot and a few fox but sad to say after 4hr game time only 6 bulls.. had a plan executed it well but an epic fail , oh well! i will try again later but i will start at my tent in the NW and go south form there...
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Today's story
After my absolute necessary coffee, i started my first attempt .
After 1 real hour , Bruce #11 decided to take 7 seconds from me .No need to keep going , because for top spot , one will need all Bruces and the bonus .
So , rolled up my sleeves , even if i was in a t-shirt and started attempt #2 .
Right from the go , i harvested my smallest to be . Then came a nice run of 500+ . Seven of them .
Found so many antler sheds that my garage is now a museum . After Bruce #16 , stress started to build .
Needed to visit areas that i never set foot in . Was relieved when i shot the last Bull .
All in all very happy to have found only Bulls . Would not have liked to lower my average with some Lucys .
My high scoring 210

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Nice job Big D! Yep, that's what it's going to take man.
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
Spoiler:
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

DYEUZ wrote:
After Bruce #16 , stress started to build .
Needed to visit areas that i never set foot in
So I ckd your map and I see where you're talking about - I've seen that area on a couple other hunters treks- I wouldn't have thought about going there but it looks like it's necessary for for all boys is the vibe I'm getting.

On my hunt, since I knew it was a throw away, I had 2/3/4 bull groups, 4 only once I think but 2 and 3 a few times and only a couple singles. So I had easy groups and nice weights. The bad part of this is the amount of time and starting at 5 you get into that sleeping period which is a drag.
This is a whole new ballgame compared to the original Moose comp V1.0 when most had no idea where to find the damn thing, which was my problem. WRR was only out for a few weeks maybe at the time? And this ERR makes this fairly simple so it will come down to nailing that bonus and a fat spawn. I can see some overwriting their already perfect hunts w/bonus and it's going to come down to a matter of a few pounds. I was surprised by the wgt on a couple girls, not far off some of the small bulls. Great comp for working on spt/trk skills too. I'm 20/20 on moose but plenty of other stuff to improve on. :D
Spoiler:
TROPICIEL3
Tracker

Post by TROPICIEL3 »

Bravo Dyeuz, the competition is starting to accelerate.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Tyvm guys . Long from being over though .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Nice hunt, Serge. And you did it in just a little more than three hours! 8-)

Yeah, I'm slowly starting to learn how to kill those big stupid things with zero wound time. No impatient shots, because a single lung will make them run a few seconds even with the Weatherby.

With the average weight starting to increase, it might even be necessary to pass up on the smaller spotting bulls. I don't know if it's even possible to find 20 decent ones if you hit a bad spawn. :?
Image Image Image

Return to “Competitions”