Bonus Prize (Payback Invitational)

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Bonus Prize (Payback Invitational)

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Special Bonus Prize (Payback Invitational)
Throughout this competition, as with most other competitions, it is expected that there will be a lot of banter, jokes, comments and experiences shared. KingKong1 has kindly added 5k em$ to the prize pool, to be paid to the participant that documents the most amusing account of their experience in the competition. This means, after each attempt, participants should share their experiences, good and bad, with a view to providing some entertainment to those not able to participate, observing how things transpire from the side lines. The comments will be judged and the winner of the 5k em$ determined by a panel of no less than three judges the end of the competition.

This is the place to post you're Payback stories only. If any want to comment on these please do so in the Payback thread located here. https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=126&t=86825

If a mod could please pin and lock this until the comp starts that would be great.
Spoiler:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: Bonus Prize (Payback Invitational)

Post by DYEUZ »

Went to Hirschfelden with a full back pack , to compete in a comp made by Ridgeback
The first species is the Geese , so lets see how good i'll be with these
A flock passes high , i wave my flag but not to say goodbye
They break and turn coming now my way , lets see what i'll get and start to pray
Trying my luck with the .22 pistol , but the Goose is now the size of an ice crystal
Looking closely at the sky ,i see something falling , but my eyes i can't rely
Is that a meteorite ? No , its a Goose alright !
Wow did i say , lets go get it right away
Running as fast as i can , because excited i am
Arriving next to this bird , i wonder what score i will earn
170m kill with one shot, yes i know ,some luck
Was very happy about that and returned to my tent to have a nap
My dog Rellik was taking all the space, so i solved this by farting in his face
I couldn't stop no more , so had to go out the door
Always fun to participate in a hosted comps with your mates
Don't care if i win or loose , i'll got celebrate now with a glass of booze

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Raptor02
Outfitter

Post by Raptor02 »

That moment when your firing the mighty grasshopper at a goose going left to right almost 180m and you see a puff of feathers indicating a hit. But you’ve already sent 2 more rounds down range, and then you see another puff of feathers.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Raptor02 wrote:That moment when your firing the mighty grasshopper at a goose going left to right almost 180m and you see a puff of feathers indicating a hit. But you’ve already sent 2 more rounds down range, and then you see another puff of feathers.
That's when you have to say "Damn, I'm good, I'm just too good" :lol: - Then try it when you're trying to do that and it's "god I suck" :lol: ~ and that is the stuff that makes you laugh when no one is around to hear it :D .... wish I had a nickel for everytime I've been there. But yeah, there's a fair amount of delay to those .22's and at those distances lot of drop and lot of lead if they are crossing.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Raptor02
Outfitter

Post by Raptor02 »

Radamus wrote:
Raptor02 wrote:That moment when your firing the mighty grasshopper at a goose going left to right almost 180m and you see a puff of feathers indicating a hit. But you’ve already sent 2 more rounds down range, and then you see another puff of feathers.
That's when you have to say "Damn, I'm good, I'm just too good" :lol: - Then try it when you're trying to do that and it's "god I suck" :lol: ~ and that is the stuff that makes you laugh when no one is around to hear it :D .... wish I had a nickel for everytime I've been there. But yeah, there's a fair amount of delay to those .22's and at those distances lot of drop and lot of lead if they are crossing.
Yeah. A lot of Kentucky windage! I was aiming probably 10’ in front and I don’t even know how high. Problem is I’m not alone in this room of my house so I’m getting strange looks for acting like it matters. They just don’t understand. :lol: And I just did it again in this current hunt. 2 hits same bird, 202m and 225m. One round just doesn’t drop them effectively at those distances every time. I’m enjoying it though. Thanks Ridgeback!
Raptor02
Outfitter

Post by Raptor02 »

Here’s a worse one yet. Just put a longbow arrow into a bird at probably 45-50m. Perfect hit right in the body, beautiful shot. Then it just continues flying. Circled around once and then out of render. What is that BS? :evil:
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Raptor02 wrote:Here’s a worse one yet. Just put a longbow arrow into a bird at probably 45-50m. Perfect hit right in the body, beautiful shot. Then it just continues flying. Circled around once and then out of render. What is that BS? :evil:
I've had that a lot but it always seemed to be in MP - but yeah, I've got a lot of short vid of geese flying around with an arrow. In this case, they won't die with an arrow- But the good part is, I'm not sure they actually score as a hit- I don't remember but something tells me they don't show up. One that is hit will show back up- shoot it and see what the sheet says. I could swear I found it didn't but then again, was a long time since I've had it happen. The reason it happens in MP is if there's 2 people on the map you actually fire 2 arrows and I blamed it on the shadow arrow, not the primary arrow. It happens for me because of my slow internet speed. I rarely hunt geese in SP even by myself because of how things work mechanically so this is really strange. But that's a good distance for sure.

And no, they don't get it. I've caught my wife giggling before but it's mostly the animal calls that crack her up and then me cussing and slamming things........ nope, she doesn't get it but she's entertained :D
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Guys please try to keep this thread for the post about hunts... Thanks
Spoiler:
Raptor02
Outfitter

Post by Raptor02 »

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/rapt ... /601822072

Ok not sure my blood pressure can take much more of this tonight. I ended up getting That bird with the longbow arrow in it that flew away. Dropped him with the grasshopper at 177m without knowing and picked him up and found out he had a long bow arrow in him from 57m. I had I think 4 birds shot over 200m that had multiple hits and don’t count. That longbow shot was longer than I thought for sure.

Shot 20 birds with the 20ga also in the same hunt. But only had 143% kills per hit. Soo close!
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Just finished my last attempt with the Goose category
Now , i can fold my tent , and prepare for another mystery
Rained pretty much all the time , barely saw the sun shine
Saw couple Geese with arrows under their wings , wonder if that will make them go slow and eventually go falling
Very frustrating these Geese are , when passing over you and going far far far
Don't ask me to go hunt them for a while , i need to take a break from that style
On to the next species i go ,not my favorite oh my God no !

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Return to “Competitions”