Bonus Prize (Payback Invitational)

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Re: Bonus Prize (Payback Invitational)

Post by RidgeBack69 »

The time has come for the judges to cast there votes. Good Luck.
Spoiler:
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

This came down to a three way tie but since there could be only one winner the tie had to be broken and it was not a easy to decide. The winner is JimboCrow.
With this entertaining recap of the events of his journey. Congratulations Jimbo. Thank you to KingKong1 for you generosity in sponsoring this bonus prize. :!:
JimboCrow wrote:I woke up at 4:00 am today, and couldn't get back to sleep, so I staggered into the computer room to shoot a few pixel geese (and probably fall asleep from boredom ;) ) for the Payback comp, but to do it quietly so I threw on the headphones.

We live in a condo complex built around a man-made lake (pond actually) and every year we have 6 to 8 nesting pairs of Canada geese to enjoy throughout the summer. They returned a couple of weeks ago and have been fighting constantly for territory ever since. They make a helluva racket, especially in the early mornings.

So while waiting for the geese to show up on Hirsch, and watching a spiker roe eat his breakfast, I heard the first few calls. I searched the skies, but nothing. A couple of minutes later, a few more, and again I looked around, but still nothing. Then all of a sudden all hell broke loose and I could hear them coming from all over the map. In front of me, beside me, behind me, all around me no matter which way I looked. Holy moly!! I hit the long range caller a couple of times, switched to the short range and got ready. I hit it once and then switched to the 20 ga. shotty... kaPOW! kaPOW!! kaPOW!!!

I got like 2 or 3 out of 15 or 20 birds!!! :( WTH??? It was very strange, something wasn't right! I kept wheeling around to find the birds that I could still hear, but couldn't find them anywhere. It was like they were right on top of me but my headphones weren't working right or something, because the sound didn't seem to match the screen, or move around with the game! It was very disorienting, almost like vertigo....

Of course, when I took the headphones off to figure out what was wrong I realized what was happening, although it was very confusing at first because the squalor continued with them off; the geese outside my window had indeed woken up as well, and were already giving each other supreme shite for coming too close. So I went and got my 12 ga. and shut them all up for good! (Naw, jk ;), but wait now, if I only had an RDX bow IRL.... 8-) :lol:)
Spoiler:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Grats to Jimbo and thx KK .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Congrats, Jimbo. And thanks for sponsoring, KingKong1.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Congrats to the winner and thanks for sponsoring this bonus KingKong.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Thanks folks! And thank you very much KingKong1 for your generosity, and Ridgeback69 for a great comp, and all our friends at UHCApps for the logistics. I'll use the prize to support upcoming community comps and "Pay It Forward." (Hey, wait, that sounds like a good name for a comp!!! :o :lol:) Thanks again fellers. Jim. :)
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Congrats Jimbo! 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.

Return to “Competitions”