"2nd Annual Big Bear Summer Comp" by BCKidd

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
BCKidd

Re: "2nd Annual Big Bear Summer Comp" by BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

RidgeBack69 wrote:I hope you guys have your Eyebrows glued on tight :lol: I am ready to start this comp :lol: ...good luck everyone.
:o Kewl! Glad to see you givin' this one a try RB. 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Nockedup
Hunter

Post by Nockedup »

Nockedup wrote:This competition is messed up big time. I had a 430.508 kg Brown Bear on the board, just harvested another qualifying Brown Bear that weighed 422.764 kg with a heart shot, when I submitted the hunt expedition, instead of adding my 2nd Brown Bear to the leaderboard it replaced my 430.508 with the 422.764 and didn't give me the 5% heart shot bonus. I'm not going to try to re-submit the hunt because I'll bet it would count as another submission, solving nothing and making things even worse. I'm keeping track of my bears on paper for whenever this gets fixed and I hope it can be fixed without lifting the sandbagging rule. I recommend that everybody in this comp do the same.
I see that my 430.508 kg Brown Bear has been put back on the leaderboard, but just as I feared, if someone at UHC simply re-submitted my hunt expedition to get it on there, it charged me with another submission. I've only used 4 submissions and the leaderboard reads that I've used 5. Also, my 422.764 kg Brown Bear did not get 5% weight added to it for the heart shot.
Current Season Stats
Spoiler:
Nockedup's Twitch Channel

"Difficult doesn't mean impossible. It simply means that you have to work hard" ~ Theodore Roosevelt
Reggy
Scout

Post by Reggy »

It still shows me with 2 black bear, a 261 & 200, but total is only 261 not 461 as it should. I will try and post another hunt today and see if that straightens things out.

Best of luck to everyone.
larssc
Team Hunter

Post by larssc »

Tod1d wrote:
larssc wrote:My top score for brown bear was replaced by a lower score.
Which 2 bears should be on the leaderboard? I need links

Todd,
Here are the links you requested. You can see that I have submitted 3 hunts. The 439 was on the board at one time.

Thanks

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/lars ... n/81605227 for the 439 Brown bear
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/lars ... n/81608790 for the 359 Brown bear
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

I would like to know how this shot hit stomach and intestines when the shot was broadside slightly quartering away.
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/ridg ... /608541486
Yes I could have waited for it to die but I did want to as the shot was placed well. so I shot is a second time and ended the hunt. I had the same thing happen with a grizzly in reverse and it ended up hitting the skull and no other organs.
I understand why you have a one shot kill rule and normally I would like it but with all that is broken in the game things like this should be taken into consideration when making rules.
Spoiler:
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

The game play just keeps getting worse. Hit one right there as you did Ridgeback...showed it hit stomach and intestines. So many things wrong right now, too many to list.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

stancomputerhunter wrote:The game play just keeps getting worse. Hit one right there as you did Ridgeback...showed it hit stomach and intestines. So many things wrong right now, too many to list.
Same with brown bear. Every bear I shot in my last hunt was shot in the pocket and every one was hit in the intestines except for the one that I was shooting down on from above which I didn't shoot the pocket.
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/ridg ... n/81621032
I think I am going to try a differnt weapon incase it is the .340 that has the problem if not I'll start shooting then right up the blow hole from now on and try to get the heart that way. :lol:
Spoiler:
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Sorry about the snafu's guys. I think I got it all straightened out. Let me know if anything else goes goofy.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Nockedup
Hunter

Post by Nockedup »

Tod1d wrote:Sorry about the snafu's guys. I think I got it all straightened out. Let me know if anything else goes goofy.
Thank you Tod. I still don't see the 5% bonus added to the weight for a heart shot I had on this 422.764 kg Brown Bear. https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/nock ... /608458590
Current Season Stats
Spoiler:
Nockedup's Twitch Channel

"Difficult doesn't mean impossible. It simply means that you have to work hard" ~ Theodore Roosevelt
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

RidgeBack69 wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote:The game play just keeps getting worse. Hit one right there as you did Ridgeback...showed it hit stomach and intestines. So many things wrong right now, too many to list.
Same with brown bear. Every bear I shot in my last hunt was shot in the pocket and every one was hit in the intestines except for the one that I was shooting down on from above which I didn't shoot the pocket.
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/ridg ... n/81621032
I think I am going to try a different weapon in case it is the .340 that has the problem if not I'll start shooting then right up the blow hole from now on and try to get the heart that way. :lol:
I noticed this with the 340 and the 9.3X74 doing the moose comp, depends on the distance, I would've thought sub 200m is ok, but the long long ones seem off. fwiw, I used the .300 on some blacks and seemed to be showing where I hit was right. I'm fine with an intestine shot, at least you know it will die and for this one, that's a big deal. On the other hand, with the ERR update I've found myself questioning position data in relation to visual position. But we've seen it before where a shot in the basket gave a brain as well. I stand by my theory the hitboxes are jumping around behind the skin with certain animals, terrain and distances. Only way to prove this would be to remove the skin and hunt the wire frame to see if the boxes are jumping around, just guessing of course :D

I wouldn't try a black bear with a bow either, I watched one shot at a pretty good distance, I swear it turned to run before the bullet got there. It was as if it was turning on me just as the blood spot appeared, it could be latency in my ping too. This is why I can't shoot an animal while it's moving at long range as it can be a half a body off by the time the bullet hits visually.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:

Return to “Competitions”