"2nd Annual Big Bear Summer Comp" by BCKidd

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Reggy
Scout

Re: "2nd Annual Big Bear Summer Comp" by BCKidd

Post by Reggy »

Hi, The leaderboard may need to be tweaked. I put in the first hunt (had first place for a moment :D) and it showed only 1 weight, it's now 'fixed' and showing 2 weights but the total is still only the heaviest bear. Thanks
larssc
Team Hunter

Post by larssc »

My top score for brown bear was replaced by a lower score.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Where is my Polar Bear, EW?? This game is getting more and more un-playable by the week. It used to be, I could ignore most of the bugs that didn't affect game play, but its really gotten worse. It's like EW is rolling out bugs on a regular basis because people are paying 1000em$ apiece for them.

Went PB hunting and found a really big one..would have easily been the highest score posted so far; 543.53kg + 5% for the heart shot = 570.71

A bit later, I found another big one, spotted 470-610, and I shot him standing on an ice floe about 40-45m offshore total distance 85m. I marked him with a red dot. I play on max settings, so normally I don't have any gaps where I can't go, especially close to shore. I started picking my way to him, apparently touched a tiny bit of water, and froze to death. I have never done the FT thing when it happened before, I just ended the game. But not this one...one shot...one kill. So I picked a tent about 250m from where I froze. Got a message saying I can only FT to a Lodge or HEATED tent. I don't own a heated tent, but I should have been good by how heated I was at the moment. I had to go to Danforth's Refuse from the middle of the finger. While I was there, I bought a frickin' heated tent. Ran back to my spot and the bear was gone! Thought maybe he moved because I went beyond render. But where? Spent the next hour scouring the ice floes and the shore lines for 1000's of meters. No bear. Just sickening. Lost my big one already harvested.

I think the bear either went in the water, and disappeared, or he was on the other side of the peninsula. I think with the new ERR, EW s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d the terrain of each reserve as part of the process. This is born out by several spawns in to a tent where I immediately went in to Inventory, but the inventory was locked. After looking around, I found that I was actually 8-12 meters from the tent. As soon as I walked up to it, the Inventory unlocked. I think this ties in to the bear bait barrels, and other baiting systems being off by several meters.

This constant flow of new bugs is affecting game play, EW. Please, please change your testing system, so this will get curtailed. Whatever you're doing now doesn't work.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

larssc wrote:My top score for brown bear was replaced by a lower score.
Right, where did your 439 go? Should be that and your 359 bear- This was specifically what my question a few days ago was referring to. It was certified by Tod and BC that you wouldn't go backwards- so needs some tweaking to get it right still. You should be at 798.34 if I'm understanding how this scoring is intended.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

I have PM'd UHC Staff, to figure out why lower weighing bear are not being replaced by heavier ones. When it was tested, that is how it worked. Sorry folks, I'm sure Tod will rectify the issue. Remember also that if you get a bonus heart shot on any bear, big or small 5% is added to the weight. Thanks for keepin' me posted with the issues. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Nockedup
Hunter

Post by Nockedup »

This competition is messed up big time. I had a 430.508 kg Brown Bear on the board, just harvested another qualifying Brown Bear that weighed 422.764 kg with a heart shot, when I submitted the hunt expedition, instead of adding my 2nd Brown Bear to the leaderboard it replaced my 430.508 with the 422.764 and didn't give me the 5% heart shot bonus. I'm not going to try to re-submit the hunt because I'll bet it would count as another submission, solving nothing and making things even worse. I'm keeping track of my bears on paper for whenever this gets fixed and I hope it can be fixed without lifting the sandbagging rule. I recommend that everybody in this comp do the same.
Current Season Stats
Spoiler:
Nockedup's Twitch Channel

"Difficult doesn't mean impossible. It simply means that you have to work hard" ~ Theodore Roosevelt
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

larssc wrote:My top score for brown bear was replaced by a lower score.
Which 2 bears should be on the leaderboard? I need links
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

I hope you guys have your Eyebrows glued on tight :lol: I am ready to start this comp :lol: ...good luck everyone.
Spoiler:
Rebeljohn2
Tracker

Post by Rebeljohn2 »

bad eyes sorry sheesh!! a few caps and you all go nuts lmao
Rebeljohn2
Tracker

Post by Rebeljohn2 »

"I think this ties in to the bear bait barrels, and other baiting systems being off by several meters".
"quote from stan"
the bait barrel is way off no bears came with in 20m of the barrel what a waste of good corn ....

Return to “Competitions”