"2nd Annual Big Bear Summer Comp" by BCKidd

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: "2nd Annual Big Bear Summer Comp" by BCKidd

Post by Tod1d »

Tanngnjostr wrote:@Faultier: Don't worry, the community competitions and UHC have been established for quite a while now and you can be sure that no host will cancel a competition without a good reason (I don't think it ever happened, at least not during a running comp). UHC also won't DQ or ban anyone without a good reason. They are absolutely trustworthy!
What he said ^^^

The "For any reason" clause is a CYA to cover reasons we haven't thought of yet. Inasmuch as we try to be thorough, we inevitably get caught by surprise. ;)
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Faultier
Hunter

Post by Faultier »

@DYEUZ i understand that it is free and nobody is forcing me to join , i am also perfectly fine if those are the conditions for that comp. he is the host so he sets the rules.

but just like the host puts time and effort in creating / hosting the comp., so do the players participating in it, so i thought both sides should be protected by the rules. or wouldn`t you find it frustrating to spend time on the comp and be dq`ed right before it ends for no reason (or any reason) ?
i would like a little more specifications on the rules and under what circumstances players can or can not be dq`ed.

i was thinking once the rules are set and the comp has started the hosts work is basically done. so personal issues would not affect the comp. correct me if i am wrong.
imagine : someone new hosts a comp in the future with the same conditions, and in the end he might not like what he sees on the leaderboard and stops the comp. with the way the rules are set atm this would be absolutley ok.
those are just some general thoughts and it wasn`t meant to be negative towards the host of this certain comp. i really appreciate it.
till i am proven wrong i`ll just trust in the comp. hosts and uhc , and so far there is no reason not to do so .
hope everything will be good
regards
Stats
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Faultier wrote:@DYEUZ i understand that it is free and nobody is forcing me to join , i am also perfectly fine if those are the conditions for that comp. he is the host so he sets the rules.

but just like the host puts time and effort in creating / hosting the comp., so do the players participating in it, so i thought both sides should be protected by the rules. or wouldn`t you find it frustrating to spend time on the comp and be dq`ed right before it ends for no reason (or any reason) ?
i would like a little more specifications on the rules and under what circumstances players can or can not be dq`ed.

i was thinking once the rules are set and the comp has started the hosts work is basically done. so personal issues would not affect the comp. correct me if i am wrong.
imagine : someone new hosts a comp in the future with the same conditions, and in the end he might not like what he sees on the leaderboard and stops the comp. with the way the rules are set atm this would be absolutley ok.
those are just some general thoughts and it wasn`t meant to be negative towards the host of this certain comp. i really appreciate it.
till i am proven wrong i`ll just trust in the comp. hosts and uhc , and so far there is no reason not to do so .
hope everything will be good
regards
1st) You are protected by the rules. Example someone cheats, or exploits the game, they are Dq'd. You are not. So you are protected by the rules.

2nd) If you are Dq'd trust me there was a reason. Hosts do not simply Dq participants.

3rd) If you read the Rules you will know what circumstances a participant can be/will be Dq'd.

If you play fair, follow the ROE (Rules of Engagement) there will be no reason for you or any other participant to be Dq'd. Your worries of being Dq'd for no reason are unfounded. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Faultier wrote:i would like a little more specifications on the rules and under what circumstances players can or can not be dq`ed.
Of course I can't speak for everyone and surely not for BCKidd who's hosting this competition, but these are the most common reasons for being DQ'd:
- You're using some kind of cheat or hack or breaking the game's TOS (Terms of Service) in any other way, intentionally. This includes account sharing (multiple persons using one game account) or repeatedly exploiting an obvious bug. In this case if you're getting caught, it's possible that you will not only be DQ'd from the competition, but also banned from the UHC site and your game account might be banned too. Of course the former is the decision of UHC's staff and the latter is decided by game support and proof will be needed.
- You're "spawn mashing" which means you're doing a lot of very short hunts in succession to increase your chance of finding a trophy animal close to a spawn point. Spawn mashing is frowned upon by most hosts and members of the community and the majority of community competitions have an anti-SM rule (like a minimum hunt duration). Spawn mashing is not against the game's TOS though, so your game account will not be banned for doing it, but you might get DQ'd from a comp. Of course having a short hunt every now and then is usually not considered spawn mashing, but if your hunt history is full of <15-minute-hunts, you better clarify with the host.
Faultier wrote:i was thinking once the rules are set and the comp has started the hosts work is basically done.
In theory, yes. But as a host you'd want to check the leaderboard and read the competition thread multiple times a day to ensure everything works fine. Of course you get a lot of support from UHC, but as a host I want to be close to what's happening while the comp is running. But as I already said: I can't remember one community competition that ever got canceled while it was already running.
Faultier wrote:imagine : someone new hosts a comp in the future with the same conditions, and in the end he might not like what he sees on the leaderboard and stops the comp. with the way the rules are set atm this would be absolutley ok.
I'm pretty sure that: 1) that host would never run a comp again, at least not on UHC. 2) some people from the community would fill in and pay the prizes if they really thought the host canceled the competition just because he didn't like the results or winners. I don't even think that UHC would allow that without a good reason.
Faultier wrote:hope everything will be good
It surely will!

Thanks BCKidd for this competition and sorry for hijacking your thread with this lengthy post. ;)
Image Image Image
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

No prblm, Tann. Good clarification, on this, that, and the other thing. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
Faultier
Hunter

Post by Faultier »

thanks to everyone above for your input, i see clearer now.
and excuse all the text , just saw the rules apply to other competitions here aswell so the general uhc thread would have been a better place for this.
regards
Stats
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Faultier wrote:thanks to everyone above for your input, i see clearer now.
and excuse all the text , just saw the rules apply to other competitions here aswell so the general uhc thread would have been a better place for this.
regards
No problem. So, you'll be participatin'? I hope so, the more the merrier. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
Oldsnake53

Post by Oldsnake53 »

May one shoot 3 or more bears in a hunt round
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Oldsnake53 wrote:May one shoot 3 or more bears in a hunt round
As long as you follow this rule: "EW hunt summary must show that number of animals harvested is equal to the number of shots fired." You can shoot as many animals you want, but only your two heaviest Bear will be accepted, per hunt submission. Hope that helps. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

All gift codes for this comp have now been purchased, and await to be sent to the winners! ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!

Return to “Competitions”