Exploiting???

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Extort713
Tracker

Exploiting???

Post by Extort713 »

How can someone increase their score for a competition that is suppose to be during a single hunt, by starting a new hunt? Are these people exploiting the game? Is the system broken? I'm specifically referring to this one that is ongoing; am I wasting my time and should I be starting a new game every 30 minutes as well? I've been playing the same hunt for over 4 1/2 hours now, and I could've had triple my current score atm if I was starting a new game and farming the same tree for wolves... https://www.thehunter.com/#competitions/details/62057

1st was originally 2260~ ish... Now it's over 2600 and climbing even tho that persons hunt entry ended yesterday actually. What am I not understanding with this?
Nathan112244
Hunter

Re: Exploiting???

Post by Nathan112244 »

Extort713 wrote:How can someone increase their score for a competition that is suppose to be during a single hunt, by starting a new hunt? Are these people exploiting the game? Is the system broken? I'm specifically referring to this one that is ongoing; am I wasting my time and should I be starting a new game every 30 minutes as well? I've been playing the same hunt for over 4 1/2 hours now, and I could've had triple my current score atm if I was starting a new game and farming the same tree for wolves... https://www.thehunter.com/#competitions/details/62057

1st was originally 2260~ ish... Now it's over 2600 and climbing even tho that persons hunt entry ended yesterday actually. What am I not understanding with this?
When it says "a single hunt" it means that the weight is your total per hunt, if i open a hunt and kill 400kg of wolves thats my score,
if i open another hunt and kill 2000kg of wolves thats my score, you have "attempts" which mean the number of hunts you can open trying this certain comp
but "in a sing hunt" means you cant open 10 hunts shooting 100kg of wolves in each for a total score of 1000kg
hope that makes sense
Nathan22Outdoors
ForstHeld
Outfitter

Post by ForstHeld »

Only 1 Att. here.
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

ForstHeld wrote:Image

Only 1 Att. here.
ah i see it now, check his stats, he opened a 23 hour hunt and killed 67 animals that's his comp hunt.
Nathan22Outdoors
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

It should definitely be in one hunt and there's only one attempt, so if the score increases after the first attempt, there must either be a bug or some kind of exploit. You should report it to support - it probably won't help for this round of the comp, but maybe they can fix it for the next round.
Image Image Image
Extort713
Tracker

Post by Extort713 »

Nathan112244 wrote:
Extort713 wrote:How can someone increase their score for a competition that is suppose to be during a single hunt, by starting a new hunt? Are these people exploiting the game? Is the system broken? I'm specifically referring to this one that is ongoing; am I wasting my time and should I be starting a new game every 30 minutes as well? I've been playing the same hunt for over 4 1/2 hours now, and I could've had triple my current score atm if I was starting a new game and farming the same tree for wolves... https://www.thehunter.com/#competitions/details/62057

When it says "a single hunt" it means that the weight is your total per hunt, if i open a hunt and kill 400kg of wolves thats my score,
if i open another hunt and kill 2000kg of wolves thats my score, you have "attempts" which mean the number of hunts you can open trying this certain comp
but "in a sing hunt" means you cant open 10 hunts shooting 100kg of wolves in each for a total score of 1000kg
hope that makes sense
I think I understand what you are trying to say, is that if the competition had 10 attempts, you could kill more wolves than your last attempt.

What is happening in this competition is that it is adding new hunt totals, to the old score, increasing it even further. Like I said previously, 1st score from the same person was around 2200 a few hours ago, he got on and killed 10 wolves today and pushed it to 2500, then started a new game around 12:00 Today and it's still going up. How does this work? It seems that the system is adding all Hunt totals, not just a single attempt. Also it says 1/1 Attempts.
Extort713
Tracker

Post by Extort713 »

Submitted it to support, but he obviously knew want he was doing and did it 3 times. Here's to hoping some justice will actually be served, and that I'm not actually crazy/ignorant.
Extort713
Tracker

Post by Extort713 »

Lol he's still at it
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

It's good you reported it. Not much you can do now. He'll probably take this trophy before support looks at it, but they will check whether it was a bug or intentional and act accordingly.
Image Image Image
DaveyCockett
Tracker

Post by DaveyCockett »

Not sure if it helps this topic but you can do some of the comps in multiplayer and it does not burn your attempts but still gives you a score in the running comp. For instance the cheapest way to hunt comp can be done in multi and not burn attempts. Hope this helps.

Return to “Competitions”