Exploiting???

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Re: Exploiting???

Post by Generalkommendant »

DaveyCockett wrote:Not sure if it helps this topic but you can do some of the comps in multiplayer and it does not burn your attempts but still gives you a score in the running comp. For instance the cheapest way to hunt comp can be done in multi and not burn attempts. Hope this helps.
I've never experienced that those comps that allow multiplayer, or actually if they don't say neither that it is a multiplayer comp nor a single player comp, doesn't burn attempts. Like the Event comps allow both multi and single but it doesn't state if it's either that or that. They do burn attempts indeed.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

DaveyCockett wrote:Not sure if it helps this topic but you can do some of the comps in multiplayer and it does not burn your attempts but still gives you a score in the running comp. For instance the cheapest way to hunt comp can be done in multi and not burn attempts. Hope this helps.
I've never heard of that, but I don't do many comps. But if it's the case then I'd recommend to open a bug report about it and not exploit it because that might mean trouble in the long run.
Image Image Image
DaveyCockett
Tracker

Post by DaveyCockett »

Have not exploited it only found out doing a multi hunt with my brother so he could show me where to get the best chance at one and when I made a kill it counted in the comp. I will make a bug report asap watching fights now.
DaveyCockett
Tracker

Post by DaveyCockett »

Ok so I just tested the comp in question in multi and shot a single wolf for 36th place and did not burn an attempt so it is being exploited I believe and needs to be moved to the bug section. https://www.thehunter.com/#competitions ... eaderboard Not sure how to screen shot the page or were to post it in the bug section so I will let you guys move it.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

DaveyCockett wrote:Ok so I just tested the comp in question in multi and shot a single wolf for 36th place and did not burn an attempt so it is being exploited I believe and needs to be moved to the bug section. https://www.thehunter.com/#competitions ... eaderboard Not sure how to screen shot the page or were to post it in the bug section so I will let you guys move it.
Thanks for reporting and testing it. I'll make the devs aware of the problem.
Image Image Image
Extort713
Tracker

Post by Extort713 »

If a comp is singleplayer, and you can get score for it by doing a multiplayer hunt, that is unintentional and a bug which you should report as well.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Extort713 wrote:
If a comp is singleplayer, and you can get score for it by doing a multiplayer hunt, that is unintentional and a bug which you should report as well.
I've pointed the dev team to this thread - they'll probably look at this issue next week. If it still happens in a few weeks, please give us a heads up.
Image Image Image
DaveyCockett
Tracker

Post by DaveyCockett »

I will start a bug report just not sure where to put it under? But I know of two single player comps you can do this on. The cheapest way to hunt and the wolf pack one in question.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

DaveyCockett wrote:I will start a bug report just not sure where to put it under? But I know of two single player comps you can do this on. The cheapest way to hunt and the wolf pack one in question.
Post it under Miscellaneous - competition bugs go there. Thanks!
Image Image Image
EW_Ahmed
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by EW_Ahmed »

Thank you so much for reporting this. I have corrected the player's entry and he is still in 1st place for his 23 hour marathon hunt. The team will be looking into the multiplayer attempts. Cheers.

Return to “Competitions”