Bob Milek / Elmer Keith Memorial Hunt

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Re: Bob Milek / Elmer Keith Memorial Hunt

Post by SoftShoe »

DYEUZ wrote:Now that all my 10 species are harvested , the fun part is over . Am realizing that just now .
Lets cast this in another light. The grinding of yotes that you have already done is one of the things that has put you in 1st place. Look at Stan, hes hardly shot any & yet he has a solid 3 place. Maybe he got lucky & scored some big animals, then again maybe hes grinding them.

What it comes down to is what are you going to grind, the rest of the animals hoping for a big one (which amounts to a lucky spawn) or keep working on coyotes a number you can control.

Your "complaint" is the very reason that I wanted to add the coyotes by the pound species to the comp. It adds a free radical that changes the nature of the comp.

In the end these type of comps favor people that have time to grind them, be it a single large animal or a sh!tload of coyotes.

DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

First , its not a complaint , but a realization of a '' on the side comp '' that will decide a lot the outcome .

Going for improvements with the already harvested species , is not grinding . You will not shoot all of them , only ones that can '' improve '' your score .
The yotes , are '' all you can harvest '' and it doesn't mater if you get , for example , all the ''top'' scores with heart shots for a nice 1050 pts . The other guys with an average of '' nice '' scores, averaging 95 pts each , with the most yotes , will win this , with 1055 pts .

I could stop right there and still not have a top 3 . Its got nothing to do with the money to gain .

Don't take my comment so negatively .It was your choice to put it in and thats all it maters .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
BCKidd wrote:Hey Tann, nice but mine is better :P :P ;) Peace.
So how does your 176 non-typical whitetail place on the leaderboard? Because my 134 non-typical blacktail is 56th right now. :P

Just kidding of course, great trophy! :)
WHAT! There is a NT leader-board... :lol: :lol: ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Grizdude
Trophy Hunter

Post by Grizdude »

I don't know much about how much penetration a .308 slug would have after hitting the spine, but being only 3.9m away
and shooting directly at the heart, wouldn't you guys think at least the lungs would be hit. I find it hard to believe a
pistol with a .308 caliber slug would stop at the spine on such a short shot. I hope to get a little input from you experts
here in this comp. Thanks!
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

I got and still get these results on many other species also sometimes . From above , i try to shoot just missing the side of the spine , so i get no obstacle .
Now with the Coyotes , from TS , i get some heart shots and the game decides otherwise sometimes .
Any of the Revolvers should do the job at that distance though .

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Grizdude
Trophy Hunter

Post by Grizdude »

Damn... I just realized the coyote bonus score is attached to the main score... wow.. I don't stand a chance now.
I wished I would have read into that a little better.. I thought they were separate. Oh well :?
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Grizdude wrote:Damn... I just realized the coyote bonus score is attached to the main score... wow.. I don't stand a chance now.
I wished I would have read into that a little better.. I thought they were separate. Oh well :?
You are not the only one. I too thought it was like a mini comp. My bad, should've realized that's how it was. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Grizdude wrote:Damn... I just realized the coyote bonus score is attached to the main score... wow.. I don't stand a chance now.?
I dont think anyone stands a chance.

Serge buddy, I laughed out loud when I checked the leader board. You one coyote murderin SOB!! LOL!!

DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

...Yeah, well, from my calculation, i think it is still possible for HPD to catch up to me . :roll:

But , whatever the outcome , don't anyone ask me to go hunt Coyotes with them after !! :shock:

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

DYEUZ wrote: But , whatever the outcome , don't anyone ask me to go hunt Coyotes with them after !! :shock:
You right, but I said before I want to host an special comp about yotes only for you! :D
This is the name of the comp: "In the memory of Serge, Coyote Slayer" :lol:
Season Stats
Spoiler:

Return to “Competitions”