Bob Milek / Elmer Keith Memorial Hunt

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
J_Birdman
Hunter

Re: Bob Milek / Elmer Keith Memorial Hunt

Post by J_Birdman »

SoftShoe wrote:@ Birdman: Thanks for posting that vid! I watch Hikcock45 semi regularly but never saw that vid before. One error he made was in saying Elmer had beads in his front sight. That isnt correct, he had brass wire inlaid for 200, 300 & 400yds IIRC.
Same here, I like Hikcock45 a lot, just seems like a cool dude and what a shot. There were some other Elmer youtube hits but it was a no-brainer decision. And ahh inlaid brass, that's fantastic, thanks for the info. I wonder what he attached for his 600yd elk w/.44, lol holy.. I wish there were actual hunting/shooting videos of both men(Milek isn't even in Wikipedia!), I was totally expecting to find some since there's other legends with video footage from the same era, like Fred Bear for example. Elmer "The Real Deal" Keith, hahah good stuff. It was my pleasure, really.
TurboKid
Tracker

Post by TurboKid »

Thank you Softshoe and Birdman, I watch hickok45 with the old man sometimes ill check it out. This seems like a fun one, and I like the history lesson :}

Keep it up guys. GL to all.
TurboKid
Tracker

Post by TurboKid »

SoftShoe wrote:Image

Starts in one hour. Good luck everyone!

I expect to see some leaderboard trophies from this comp! :D

did it ?

Im in Miami

Starts: Saturday 26th May 2018 - 20:00 Eastern (EDT)
Ends: Saturday 2nd June 2018 - 20:00 Eastern (EDT)

i could be wrong but it seems it would start tonight at 8pm. Did I miss something do I need more coffee? Thats always possible :)

ok found on UHC the time is diff.
http://www.uhcapps.co.uk/whiteout/milek ... esheet.php

Competition Start Saturday 26th May 2018 - 01:00 Europe/London
Competition End Sunday 3rd June 2018 - 00:59 Europe/London
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Great idea, SoftShoe, thanks for that. I'm not sure if I can fill my sheet completely, but I'll try to get at least a few of those. Need to level up my handgun skills anyway! ;)

A few questions, sorry if I missed the answers in the ROE or the discussion so far:
1) Unlimited attempts / submissions?
2) When I submit a hunt, it'll automatically take any improved species of the competitions, but leave the others alone? So I can't decrease my scores by submitting a hunt with a few small animals?
3) The "yotes by the pound" is treated like another competition species, right? So for every hunt it checks the number of yotes I shot and if it's higher than my previous best, it'll improve?

Good luck everyone. :)

PS: It shows I'm not enrolled on the scoresheet link, but I also don't see the "Enroll" button on the competition page. Is that the usual "Tod's comma" issue?

Oh, just in case anyone else would have to look up ethical ammo for the competition species, I've created a small table:
Spoiler:
Image Image Image
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

My first attempt and I come across a big black bear - he spots a 21-24 score and 240-290 kgs. Of course when I see him, he's running already and we all know how much fun it is to stalk big black bears. I finally find him again after a longer tracking session and I decide to take a shot from 90 meters - unfortunately I overestimated the power of the .454 and of course I need a follow-up shot. :(

Scores 23.779 (currently shared 31st place on the leaderboard) and weighs a whopping 290.00 kgs. Too bad it doesn't count for this comp and of course I also hadn't activated the official weight comp that's running at the moment.
Anyway, still happy. That's a good boy for my lodge! :D
Image Image Image
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

Wow, Marc. Congrats! That's a good start! :D
Season Stats
Spoiler:
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

TurboKid wrote: did it ?

Im in Miami

Starts: Saturday 26th May 2018 - 20:00 Eastern (EDT)
Ends: Saturday 2nd June 2018 - 20:00 Eastern (EDT)
Well your right according to the OP. I went off the UHC countdown clock which shows its running now. Look at the bright side, you got an extra 24hrs to compete.

@ Tann: Unlimited attempts & submissions. As I understand it UHC should pick the best animals & ignore ones that dont beat your current best submission per species.

Thats a bear to be proud of but yeah bummer it wont count.

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

SoftShoe wrote:Well your right according to the OP. I went off the UHC countdown clock which shows its running now. Look at the bright side, you got an extra 24hrs to compete.
Yeah, the start time in the OP and the start time on UHC were different. I would recommend to use zulu time (UTC) in the forum announcements to be honest. If someone logs into the UHC site and sets his time zone in the account settings, he'll automatically see the start time in his time zone on the competition page. And of course there's also the countdown on the leaderboard page of a competition.
Image Image Image
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

"Not Enrolled" error should be fixed. Please try to submit again
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Thanks Tod! Could you please also fix my bear to be a one shot kill?
Image Image Image

Return to “Competitions”