Opening Day!

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
lowby
Outfitter

Re: Opening Day!

Post by lowby »

Nice comp Softshoe and congrats to the unknow winners.
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

Wait.. this comp ends in 1hr 4mins? I'm confused, I thought this comp went til tomorrow. I haven't even hunted once for it yet, I was all set for one attempt tonight and two tomorrow. Looking at the UHC Apps Calendar, it does indicate this comp runs til tomorrow.. https://www.uhcapps.co.uk/calendar/ :(
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

Well, that's my first attempt done. It was raining so I quit, about to start my 2nd attempt, 56 mins left.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

If I log in and look at the competitions page, it indicates that the competition ends in just under an hour. The calendar page is slightly less accurate because (a) it's not yet localized; and (b) if a competition finishes at 1 minute past midnight, it will fill the entire cell (day). We plan to make this more accurate so the bar fills only a percentage of the cell when a competition starts or ends at some point during the day rather than at midnight.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

J_Birdman wrote:Wait.. this comp ends in 1hr 4mins? I'm confused, I thought this comp went til tomorrow. I haven't even hunted once for it yet, I was all set for one attempt tonight and two tomorrow. Looking at the UHC Apps Calendar, it does indicate this comp runs til tomorrow.. https://www.uhcapps.co.uk/calendar/ :(
There was a bit of confusion regarding the start and end times. And there still is: while the main UHC competition says it's supposed to end in 52 minutes, the leaderboard shows one hour and 52 minutes remaining. I'm not sure how much time really is left before entries will be refused. :?
Image Image Image
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Fixed. I forgot to set the leaderboard on summer time.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Tod1d wrote:Fixed. I forgot to set the leaderboard on summer time.
Actually my hunts didn't look much like summer either! ;)
Image Image Image
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

This was a very unfortunate outcome. I really wanted to enjoy this comp. With one hour I didn't even get a "real" chance to post a garbage buck to simply get on the leaderboard. By this I mean, sure I could have shot any of the three spikers I saw in my second and last attempt, but I sure wasn't about to waste any amount of time(and loudly of course) on a garbage buck just to get something on the leaderboard with just one hour to hunt. Had I hunted a normal three attempts, I would have certainly posted at least one buck, of any quality, simply to get onto leaderboard for the comp.

All in all, whatever the reason(s), both the UHC Apps Competitions and Calendar pages are still confusing and misleading, and I do indeed look forward to a very easy to see, very easy to read, and very easy to understand/localized versions of both pages. Thanks for the comp SoftShoe, congrats to the winners.
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

Gratz winners cant belive first is a 184, very nice buck
Nathan22Outdoors
Extort713
Tracker

Post by Extort713 »

unfortunate that I didn't get the heart shot, completely forgot about the bonus 5% until the leaderboards became available.

Return to “Competitions”