Opening Day!

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Re: Opening Day!

Post by Generalkommendant »

Enrollment - ENROLL HERE (link to follow)
You must be a UHC member in order to take part in this competition. To become a member, click here and follow the instructions.
If you're already a member, click here to view the competitions page, then click the "Enroll In This Competition" button next to Opening Day.
You must be enrolled in the competition prior to starting a hunt from which you wish to submit scores.
I can't find a link to enroll and, most of all, there's no "ENROLL IN THIS COMPETITION" button in the UHC website (https://www.uhcapps.co.uk/competitions/).
There should be 11+ hours to go, according to UHC.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I think that a competition with a blind leaderboard doesn't need a sandbagging rule at all, but it's up to the host of course. I also think that a competition with a limited number of attempts (3!) doesn't need a minimum hunt time - who wants to spawn mash his three attempts? :? And finally - why normalize the score of a single animal? These rules were probably just carried over from the generic competition template...

Aynway, my first "Opening Day" was full of rain and full of hogs, elk, turkey, bears, rabbits and whitetail does! :evil: But I'll have another shot later. It's a great comp, SoftShoe! :)
Image Image Image
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

Generalkommendant wrote:
Enrollment - ENROLL HERE (link to follow)
You must be a UHC member in order to take part in this competition. To become a member, click here and follow the instructions.
If you're already a member, click here to view the competitions page, then click the "Enroll In This Competition" button next to Opening Day.
You must be enrolled in the competition prior to starting a hunt from which you wish to submit scores.
I can't find a link to enroll and, most of all, there's no "ENROLL IN THIS COMPETITION" button in the UHC website (https://www.uhcapps.co.uk/competitions/).
There should be 11+ hours to go, according to UHC.
:oops: :oops: :oops:
It was friday yesterday... One too many... I'll take it back. I'm already enrolled.
Raptor02
Outfitter

Post by Raptor02 »

I’m going to give this an attempt or two today. I really like the format of this comp Softshoe. Just like opening day for me when I was a kid. Shot my first buck in PA as a junior. Thanks for this. See you at the diner!
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

I did one hunt. I haven't submitted anything. It seems I would be a victim of the one kill per hunt rule, since I killed two. This is the phrase in the rules that led me astray.

"Special Requirements:
One shot kills only. Wound time does not matter, so instant kill is not needed." I incorrectly assumed it mean kills in a hunt, thus more than one.

If I submit hunt #1 it will be rejected. Am I disqualified for the rest of my two hunts?

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Sorry, I forgot to update the 1st post with a couple things. Scoring is not normalized. No sandbagging rule. (Everyone is sandbagging with a blind leaderboard).

The scoresheet does check for 45 minute hunt, and no longer than 2 hrs. I agree the minimum time is really not necessary since there is an attempts limit.

Stan, if you try to submit your hunt with more than one kill, it will be rejected. You won't be disqualified, but that hunt will count as an attempt, so you'll have 2 attempts left.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Well now, with all this new info that some of us took for granted. If I'm readin' this right- I have one allowable hunt left, since I too took down three WT for 1st attempt, and didn't find a dang thing in my second attempt. So, does that leave me with one allowable attempt? Or am I DQ'd :? for not readin' the ROE correctly? Either way, was a fun comp! Thanks for hostin', SoftShoe. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

Tod1d wrote:if you try to submit your hunt with more than one kill, it will be rejected. You won't be disqualified, but that hunt will count as an attempt, so you'll have 2 attempts left.
Tod, you say we have to harvest only 1 WT?
Or we can harvest more than 1 WT and submit only one of them?
Season Stats
Spoiler:
Extort713
Tracker

Post by Extort713 »

It clearly says you only have one tag, you are only allowed to harvest one WT Buck per hunt, no other animals during that hunt. You have 3 attempts, in each attempt you can only harvest ONE animal.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Please don't start with that '' it clearly says '' . It must not have been that clear , if lots got fooled in thinking other wise .
Also, i don't see where it says : you are only allowed to harvest one WT Buck per hunt , as you state .
I don't see either : in each attempt you can only harvest ONE animal.

So , for those like me , where English is not their first language , it could be ambiguous and we might not see , what is so clear for others .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Return to “Competitions”