Payback Invitational (UHC Comp) official announcement

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Re: Payback Invitational (UHC Comp) official announcement

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Starts in a little over an hour here. Bedtime. I'm losing 8 hours right off the bat. Good luck every participant. At this moment, it looks like I'm a lock to finish in the top 20. :lol:

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

I have a question: since the .45 copper ammo was recently added to the muzzleloading pistol, and it is now permitted for Bighorns, does that mean the muzzie pistol is now also permitted for this comp in the Bighorn category, because it is not specifically ruled out as it is with the Sambar? Is this an oversight RidgeBack69, or an intended difference?

Thank you RB69, and good luck to everyone! Can't wait to read all of your hunter stories. :D
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Good luck to all :)
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

JimboCrow wrote:I have a question: since the .45 copper ammo was recently added to the muzzleloading pistol, and it is now permitted for Bighorns, does that mean the muzzie pistol is now also permitted for this comp in the Bighorn category, because it is not specifically ruled out as it is with the Sambar? Is this an oversight RidgeBack69, or an intended difference?

Thank you RB69, and good luck to everyone! Can't wait to read all of your hunter stories. :D
The muzzleloader should not be allowed because When i came up with this the .45 ammo did not exist so i had no reason to disallow it. I will leave it to UHCapps if it is already coded that it can not be used that thats is how it will stay if the code allows it then so be it.
Spoiler:
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

RidgeBack69 wrote:
JimboCrow wrote:I have a question: since the .45 copper ammo was recently added to the muzzleloading pistol, and it is now permitted for Bighorns, does that mean the muzzie pistol is now also permitted for this comp in the Bighorn category, because it is not specifically ruled out as it is with the Sambar? Is this an oversight RidgeBack69, or an intended difference?

The muzzleloader should not be allowed because When i came up with this the .45 ammo did not exist so i had no reason to disallow it. I will leave it to UHCapps if it is already coded that it can not be used that thats is how it will stay if the code allows it then so be it. @tod1d
Thanks RB69, I will stick to how you intended it. ;)
Raptor02
Outfitter

Post by Raptor02 »

I noticed that BCKidd’s first entry he shot 2 geese with the grasshopper. But the leaderboard shows his distance from the shorter shot. Is that right?

Another question. On the 4th objective for the bighorn and sambar, it says traditional bows. Does that just mean any bow? Because the permitted bows are any ethical besides a crossbow for those objectives.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

The muzzle-loader pistol is not allowed.

Apparently, BcKidd chose to submit the higher scoring goose.

Traditional bows are ("138", "220", "232", "386", "617") (Recurves, Heavy Recurve, Longbow, Cable-Backed)
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Good luck everyone! :)

@Hossein: My friend, I hate to say it... but you should'nt have started with the Sambar! :(
Image Image Image
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Raptor02 wrote:Another question. On the 4th objective for the bighorn and sambar, it says traditional bows. Does that just mean any bow? Because the permitted bows are any ethical besides a crossbow for those objectives.
You can use any permitted bow except Xbows for objectives 1 and 5. The other objectives specify what weapon must be used.
Spoiler:
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Guys don't forget about the
Special Bonus Prize
Throughout this competition, as with most other competitions, it is expected that there will be a lot of banter, jokes, comments and experiences shared. KingKong1 has kindly added 5k em$ to the prize pool, to be paid to the participant that documents the most amusing account of their experience in the competition. This means, after each attempt, participants should share their experiences, good and bad, with a view to providing some entertainment to those not able to participate, observing how things transpire from the side lines. The comments will be judged and the winner of the 5k em$ determined by a panel of no less than three judges the end of the competition.

Could a Mod please unlock this thread. https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=126&t=87055
Spoiler:

Return to “Competitions”