Payback Invitational (UHC Comp) official announcement

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Re: Payback Invitational (UHC Comp) official announcement

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
caledonianblues wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:Are you saying I need to submit a goose taken with the shotgun in order to receive the 200 points for hit accuracy? So if I submit a goose that was shot with one of the other weapons (Grasshopper or Longbow), you won't even look at my shotgun hit accuracy and I can't get those 200 points on top of it? That's important for the *ahem* "strategy" that I want to use for my remaining hunts on Hirsch.
I believe the hit accuracy scoring category only comes into play if the goose you submit was taken with the 20GA.
Thanks David, that is important information. So if I'm trying to go for the accuracy points, there's no need to use the other weapons at all.
If you are after the 150% with the 20 G it would be best to just use the shotgun. I never intended any one to be able to combine all the objectives into one hunt but rather let the player have to choose which one thy wanted to try to complete.

That was the reason for this rule.

Points can be combined only if it is on the same animal.
(Example if you get the longest Brain shot with the longbow on the highest scoring animal that animal would be worth 450 points)

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

RidgeBack69 wrote:Sorry for the misunderstanding.
No problem, that's why I'm asking. :) Thanks for your answer.
Image Image Image
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

The way it's coded, it looks at all geese in the hunt shot with the 20ga for the 150% accuracy, so it doesn't matter (for that objective) which animal you submit.
So yes, you can get points for the accuracy, and possibly 2 other objectives for the geese. Either of the long shots, and if one of those happens to be the high scoring goose you'd get points for all 3.

Without really thinking about it too much, I'm only using "hits" & "kills" to calculate the kills/hit. So if you completely miss that doesn't count against you.
I think that's OK, as it's still going to be pretty tough to get at least 5 doubles in 2 hours.

RidgeBack, you can keep participating, and I'll just remove your score at the end, if it affects the leaderboard.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Tod1d wrote:The way it's coded, it looks at all geese in the hunt shot with the 20ga for the 150% accuracy, so it doesn't matter (for that objective) which animal you submit.
So yes, you can get points for the accuracy, and possibly 2 other objectives for the geese. Either of the long shots, and if one of those happens to be the high scoring goose you'd get points for all 3.

Without really thinking about it too much, I'm only using "hits" & "kills" to calculate the kills/hit. So if you completely miss that doesn't count against you.
I think that's OK, as it's still going to be pretty tough to get at least 5 doubles in 2 hours.

RidgeBack, you can keep participating, and I'll just remove your score at the end, if it affects the leaderboard.
I wasn't aware that this is how it was coded. Sorry

David removed me already. I would rather keep it that way.
Spoiler:
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Tod1d wrote: I think that's OK, as it's still going to be pretty tough to get at least 5 doubles in 2 hours.
For me getting the 5 doubles wasnt the problem. Getting no misses WITH the 5 doubles was the problem!
I was aiming between 2 close birds & frequently got both. As often as not I got nothing though too.

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

SoftShoe wrote:For me getting the 5 doubles wasnt the problem. Getting no misses WITH the 5 doubles was the problem!
I was aiming between 2 close birds & frequently got both. As often as not I got nothing though too.
Getting nothing shouldn't be an issue, with the way it's calculated. Getting just one or - worse - wounding one without killing it is the problem. ;)
Image Image Image
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

All I can say is I'm sure glad the Geese are over. I didn't understand the ROE regarding knockin' out of the sky 15 or so Geese to get the bonus. There would have be no way in in the firery pit I could've done that. I have only the LR Caller and one sentry decoy, that is it that is all; and I don't want nuthin' more. I hate huntin' any of the flying critters. I imagine most competitors have entire Goose set-ups, that is the only way I can see poppin' 15 Geese from the sky in the 2hr max allotted time we have. I may have done better if I had a set-up I s'ppose, but I ain't a bird hunter so ain't no point in spending the cash to hunt somethin' I'd never hunt irl anyway. I feel fortunate however to have been able to shoot a couple least wise- even a couple pheasant. Anyway, the Geese are done and now it is time to move on to the BHS. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

I managed to get 49 in an hour and thirty five minutes. Would have got more, but I crashed, of all places on HIRSCH. The previous hunt crashed after only 16 minutes. It didn't matter a bit. Average score was around 5500, and hight was 78 something that didn't count because I killed him on the second go round.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

hindsight being 20/20 maybe I should have allowed any shotgun for geese but the 10g makes multiplies to easy. I may have gone too far with the 20g but that is also why it has the highest points available. Live and learn.

Also guys don't forget to post your hunting follies in the Bonus thread.
https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=126&t=87055
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

RidgeBack69 wrote:hindsight being 20/20 maybe I should have allowed any shotgun for geese but the 10g makes multiplies to easy. I may have gone too far with the 20g but that is also why it has the highest points available. Live and learn.
Actually I think it was a good decision. Anything but the 20GA and it would've been way too easy...

Man, those sheep, I hate them! :?
Image Image Image

Return to “Competitions”