Payback Invitational (UHC Comp) official announcement

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Re: Payback Invitational (UHC Comp) official announcement

Post by stancomputerhunter »

RidgeBack69 wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote:
RidgeBack69 wrote: A Nobel effort Tod.
Is he getting a million dollars? :P
I don't get it?
Instead of writing a noble effort, which is probably what you meant to say, you wrote Nobel, which is the prize (the Nobel Prize) given by the estate of Alfred Nobel, the inventor of dynamite. Not only does the recipient get a medal, there is also a monetary award of $1,000,000.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

RidgeBack69 wrote:
Is he getting a million dollars? :P
I don't get it?
Instead of writing a noble effort, which is probably what you meant to say, you wrote Nobel, which is the prize (the Nobel Prize) given by the estate of Alfred Nobel, the inventor of dynamite. Not only does the recipient get a medal, there is also a monetary award of $1,000,000.
Oh Ok now I get it. :lol:
Spoiler:
Raptor02
Outfitter

Post by Raptor02 »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Thanks guys, but I have no doubt that Raptor or Len are still lurking somewhere, waiting to strike back. :? I just hope they have family day all Sunday! :P
Nice shot indeed. I do have family obligations and softball practice today, spot on. But I might find time to squeeze in a hunt or two. Just for you. :D
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Raptor02 wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:Thanks guys, but I have no doubt that Raptor or Len are still lurking somewhere, waiting to strike back. :? I just hope they have family day all Sunday! :P
Nice shot indeed. I do have family obligations and softball practice today, spot on. But I might find time to squeeze in a hunt or two. Just for you. :D
I just checked your hunt history and see you've easily done it twice within just a few minutes. :roll: Kudos! :)
Image Image Image
Raptor02
Outfitter

Post by Raptor02 »

Haha thanks bud. Had to tune up my shooting at longer than 60m on a couple females to get ready for the male when I seen it. It’s pretty amazing how much the drop of the arrow at distance varies with elevation. Downhill just like in real life there’s way less gravitational effect on the arrow. A lot of factors come in when shooting longbow arrows in the mountains with the wind. Good fun though.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Raptor02 wrote:Good fun though.
It's a challenging and fun competition for sure, even though it's frustrating to put in all that effort and still finish with zero points. :cry:

@Tod: With my sambar I have the same scoring bug that DYEUZ had with his bighorn. Even though I hit intestines, the 175 points were awarded. You need to take them away.
Image Image Image
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

I'm still looking for the cause of that one. It's giving out the points even though I'm checking that it should only be heart or lungs.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

The animal states are all messed up. Yesterday I shot a bighorn sheep that stood still and the score sheet said "walking", now I shot a sambar that was clearly in motion and of course the score sheet says "idle". :(

Just a little reminder for future competition hosts that requiring a certain animal state can sometimes lead to frustration.
Image Image Image
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Tanngnjostr wrote:The animal states are all messed up. Yesterday I shot a bighorn sheep that stood still and the score sheet said "walking", now I shot a sambar that was clearly in motion and of course the score sheet says "idle". :(

Just a little reminder for future competition hosts that requiring a certain animal state can sometimes lead to frustration.
You're Sambar shows walking for me.

Edit;
Never mind I see you are talking about the one not submitted.
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

RidgeBack69 wrote:Never mind I see you are talking about the one not submitted.
Yeah, the distance was right and I also hit a lung - when I saw "idle" on the score sheet I was bummed! But it was my own mistake - the deer had almost reached the spot where I put the spray and I guess it was just about to stop. Sometimes the change in "state" isn't 100% synched, so I guess that's what happened.
Image Image Image

Return to “Competitions”