Payback Invitational (UHC Comp) official announcement

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Re: Payback Invitational (UHC Comp) official announcement

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Raptor02 wrote:
RidgeBack69 wrote:
FR_Bugs wrote:Hi all, a little questions here :
If i enter a score in a category in my first hunt of a species, what happened if i submit another score for another category in my second hunt for the same species ? did my first score removed or my second score is cumulate with the first one ?
Your new score will replace your previous score.
So basically we’re trying to accomplish as many objectives as we can in one hunt for each species. So I can’t go for one objective one hunt and then a different objective the next hunt and submit them both?
Yes but your new submission will replace your previous one not combine with it.
Spoiler:
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

5. Species must be checked off in order and once a participant moves onto the next species, they forfeit any remaining submissions from the previous species.
I checked the rules before but I forget this one and I didn't check the rules again when the comp started!
So, I submit a Sambar Deer and I think you know what happened! :?

Nevermind, that was my mistake and I accept it! :)

Good luck everyone.
Have a good hunt. ;)
Season Stats
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

RidgeBack69 wrote:I have joined in on this comp but not for any sort of prizes but more to suffer along with you all and I will withdraw before the comp ends, That is if no one objects if so please let me know and I will not submit any hunts.
By all means, you should participate. You are the host. As far as I'm concerned all host' should participate in their creations. That way the competitors know, that the host can pull off the rules they make, and get on the leader-board. Otherwise, it is jus' some guy makin' up some competition that perhaps he/she can't even do. Makes sense that host should participate. Have at 'er RB! ;) 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

RidgeBack... I don't mind a host entering some scores in his own comp for the fun of it , like we ( host ) most do. The only difference here , between a comp , where players have fixed scores and this one , is that your score will make a player drop to the bottom of LB , if you beat his score . Like i mentioned to you , in my example , now i'm at the bottom with no score , but in fact , since you are going to remove your score eventually , i will go up somewhere at that time . A bit unnecessary shuffle imo . May even be confusing if i don't pay attention .

Thats what is different vs. the other standard LB .

That being said , go for it RB !

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I'm getting geared up to go huntin in a while so I have a crazy question - Is there a drawback to going to hunt geese and say trying every one of these challenges in a single hunt? The one concern is using a shotgun and say I shoot at a quad coming in, drop 2 but you know you got pellets on one or both of the others. Those are going to show 2 hits if they happen to be in another group. That might be a toughy there. Any thoughts?
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

I don't see a really down side to it other tan what you mentioned
Spoiler:
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

@Marc: Yeah, I know I made a bad mistake! :? I just didn't read the rules very well and I paid the price! :D

@Len: Well, Len, I'm not so good at English but I'm not using a translator for a while. Just maybe for some complicated sentences, and rule #5 was not one of them! :P I was just too blind and didn't see it! :lol:
Season Stats
Spoiler:
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

HD_Artworks wrote:@Marc: Yeah, I know I made a bad mistake! :? I just didn't read the rules very well and I paid the price! :D

@Len: Well, Len, I'm not so good at English but I'm not using a translator for a while. Just maybe for some complicated sentences, and rule #5 was not one of them! :P I was just too blind and didn't see it! :lol:
You can still try win the sambar.
Spoiler:
Raptor02
Outfitter

Post by Raptor02 »

Radamus wrote:I'm getting geared up to go huntin in a while so I have a crazy question - Is there a drawback to going to hunt geese and say trying every one of these challenges in a single hunt? The one concern is using a shotgun and say I shoot at a quad coming in, drop 2 but you know you got pellets on one or both of the others. Those are going to show 2 hits if they happen to be in another group. That might be a toughy there. Any thoughts?
Where I got confused is I thought I could get the longest longbow shot on a goose. Longest grasshopper shot on another goose and possibly 150% on 15+ geese all in the same hunt. But you don’t submit your hunt. You submit a single animal.

I did run into that exact scenario though. Birds that were previously shot came in and it had 2 hits when I picked it up. I don’t know how that factors into the rules, wether that voids the whole 20ga objective or if it just doesn’t count that bird towards the total. Won’t shooting a bird twice factor in a 50% kills per hit towards the overall average instead of a hit that didn’t die and would have averaged in a 0% for that bird. So it helps the overall hit per kill average but doesn’t count because it was hit twice.

That’s way more thinking than I wanted to do tonight.
Last edited by Raptor02 on April 19th, 2018, 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

Holy cow fellas! Those are some real long distance shots with that .22 :o
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉

Return to “Competitions”