Payback Invitational (UHC Comp) official announcement

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Re: Payback Invitational (UHC Comp) official announcement

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
RidgeBack69 wrote:Never mind I see you are talking about the one not submitted.
Yeah, the distance was right and I also hit a lung - when I saw "idle" on the score sheet I was bummed! But it was my own mistake - the deer had almost reached the spot where I put the spray and I guess it was just about to stop. Sometimes the change in "state" isn't 100% synched, so I guess that's what happened.
I can understand that frustration and when I do this again I will rethink the objectives even though if I do it again the objectives would be differnt anyhow.

When I brainstorming this I wanted the leaderboard to be in a constant state of flux to keep it interesting and also to make it so anyone had a chance to win. There are two objectives for Bighorn and sambar and one for geese that once you have done them you do not lose the points and they were purposely made difficult because of this.
I like to think I achieved what I was trying to do but maybe I could have loosened them up a bit.
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I like the difficulty, RB, but are you saying that multiple players could get the points for the second/fourth objective on bighorn/sambar? I thought that when multiple players had those, the highest score would decide. I really didn't get that. :lol:
Image Image Image
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Well the highest score would decide the overall winner and the highest scoring animal would decide that is it was a tie.(slim chance of that happening) but yes those objectives should be able to be accomplished by multiple players. or at least that was my intention.
Spoiler:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

:o I saw one of my first BHS in the state of '' flying '' . :o
I can tell ya though , they are much easier to kill than the Geese . ;) :lol:

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I'm about to give up on the rams- it's near impossible if you working them in rocks. I have a vid I'll post up but it's a beautiful shot, I spent an hour stalking, mostly crawling in rocks to get position and distance - finally I fire! and what happens? invisible rock :x I'm clearly looking at it with binos, nothing and scope- I fire and nothing but stone dust -how in the ..... does that happen? I tell you that pssd me off to no end. And the animal "state" is a killer for me with internet lag - any small amount of latency and I'm shooting at an animal walking, with the lag it's a toss up what I get, same with the brain on a moving animal, I have conditioned myself to wait for an animal to stop because lag has always been my issue on moving animals and I have to adjust, sort of like leading a flying bird for example so I'm trying to hit basically an egg, floating in mid air, aiming to a point it's visually not in yet.
Yes, it's difficult and frustrating and above all rage inducing at times.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Radamus wrote:I'm about to give up on the rams- it's near impossible if you working them in rocks. I have a vid I'll post up but it's a beautiful shot, I spent an hour stalking, mostly crawling in rocks to get position and distance - finally I fire! and what happens? invisible rock :x I'm clearly looking at it with binos, nothing and scope- I fire and nothing but stone dust -how in the ..... does that happen? I tell you that pssd me off to no end. And the animal "state" is a killer for me with internet lag - any small amount of latency and I'm shooting at an animal walking, with the lag it's a toss up what I get, same with the brain on a moving animal, I have conditioned myself to wait for an animal to stop because lag has always been my issue on moving animals and I have to adjust, sort of like leading a flying bird for example so I'm trying to hit basically an egg, floating in mid air, aiming to a point it's visually not in yet.
Yes, it's difficult and frustrating and above all rage inducing at times.
Sounds like a good story for the bonus thread. ;)
Spoiler:
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

RidgeBack69 wrote:Sounds like a good story for the bonus thread. ;)
No just whining.... I had to head out to the shop for a while to work on a knife project. When I'm feeling better I'll head back to the basement and find another mouse to use because the one I've been using is in pieces.....
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Radamus wrote:I'm about to give up on the rams- it's near impossible if you working them in rocks.
It is difficult to be sure! Whats bit me was range. There is a very small window in range for the bonus & I just shot one with the 44. Rangefinder said 49m & when I collected the animal it was at 54m. grrrr

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Thanks for this journey, RB! It was a challenging yet satisfying comp- minus the Geese o'course... Nonetheless, I enjoyed the fight and competin' against all competitors. It was a fun and quite the learnin' 'xperience. Congrats to the winners, well done! ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Raptor02
Outfitter

Post by Raptor02 »

Yep thanks again RidgeBack. It’s been tough. And congrats to all the winners.

Return to “Competitions”