Payback Invitational (UHC Comp) official announcement

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Radamus
Master Hunter

Re: Payback Invitational (UHC Comp) official announcement

Post by Radamus »

HD_Artworks wrote:@Len: Well, Len, I'm not so good at English but I'm not using a translator for a while. Just maybe for some complicated sentences, and rule #5 was not one of them! :P I was just too blind and didn't see it! :lol:
Wow man, you were serious when you said you were learning English with this, wow man, that's incredible. See, I keep telling you how awesome you are! Just like that morning mirror trick ;)

OK, so there's 5 rules? :o ... Yeah, rules and details not my strongest skill set :lol: - I see rules different than some maybe, I see them not as what I can do, but in reverse as what I can't do - just how me noggin works~ It's served me ok so far :D

But you know Hossein, I left you an out with the "right to left" thing. I totally see how you could interpret it that way and start at the end. But like RB says, you can still go after the species score man! So it aint over till it's over!
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Raptor02 wrote:
Radamus wrote:I'm getting geared up to go huntin in a while so I have a crazy question - Is there a drawback to going to hunt geese and say trying every one of these challenges in a single hunt? The one concern is using a shotgun and say I shoot at a quad coming in, drop 2 but you know you got pellets on one or both of the others. Those are going to show 2 hits if they happen to be in another group. That might be a toughy there. Any thoughts?
Where I got confused is I thought I could get the longest longbow shot on a goose. Longest grasshopper shot on another goose and possibly 150% on 15+ geese all in the same hunt. But you don’t submit your hunt. You submit a single animal.
OK, that's a big help- I wondered how that would work when you went to submit if you could choose what you wanted so if it's a scoresheet that's a yes. So tell me though, what if you wanted to submit say the shotgun with 150%, how would that go in? as an expedition or say the highest scoring goose of your 15 with the shotgun hoping it's say a 8800 and ends up the highest, that would be a double shot right?

And if I were to try what I suggested, the right thing would be to save the shotgun attempt for the last challenge so you didn't have stray pellets in the beginning that could ruin a winning high score or distance thing.

As for the distance with pistol, no reason it shouldn't be 225-227, could actually end up a hell of a lot longer :P
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Radamus wrote:
Raptor02 wrote:
Radamus wrote:I'm getting geared up to go huntin in a while so I have a crazy question - Is there a drawback to going to hunt geese and say trying every one of these challenges in a single hunt? The one concern is using a shotgun and say I shoot at a quad coming in, drop 2 but you know you got pellets on one or both of the others. Those are going to show 2 hits if they happen to be in another group. That might be a toughy there. Any thoughts?
Where I got confused is I thought I could get the longest longbow shot on a goose. Longest grasshopper shot on another goose and possibly 150% on 15+ geese all in the same hunt. But you don’t submit your hunt. You submit a single animal.
OK, that's a big help- I wondered how that would work when you went to submit if you could choose what you wanted so if it's a scoresheet that's a yes. So tell me though, what if you wanted to submit say the shotgun with 150%, how would that go in? as an expedition or say the highest scoring goose of your 15 with the shotgun hoping it's say a 8800 and ends up the highest, that would be a double shot right?

And if I were to try what I suggested, the right thing would be to save the shotgun attempt for the last challenge so you didn't have stray pellets in the beginning that could ruin a winning high score or distance thing.

As for the distance with pistol, no reason it shouldn't be 225-227, could actually end up a hell of a lot longer :P
Rad ,
you would submit a animal that you shot with the shotgun.
Spoiler:
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

DYEUZ wrote:RidgeBack... I don't mind a host entering some scores in his own comp for the fun of it , like we ( host ) most do. The only difference here , between a comp , where players have fixed scores and this one , is that your score will make a player drop to the bottom of LB , if you beat his score . Like i mentioned to you , in my example , now i'm at the bottom with no score , but in fact , since you are going to remove your score eventually , i will go up somewhere at that time . A bit unnecessary shuffle imo . May even be confusing if i don't pay attention .

Thats what is different vs. the other standard LB .

That being said , go for it RB !
No you are absolutely rite I should not have even entered. I thought there was a withdraw button in UHC but I guess it was removed so If Tod or David could remove me that would be great.
Spoiler:
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Radamus wrote:but tht's ok, if you caught your hemm up in your heels I was planning on smokin your ass either way :P :lol: ~ Come on man! shake it off! and btw, anything more than 2 shakes and you're playing with it. :D
LOL who can pass on a challenge like that!

Hitting geese in the air with a 22 seems like a waste of time & ammo. I see that some can do it but I have gone through 2 boxes so far & all I have to show for it is 100 empty 22 hulls in my blind.

stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Before the real hunters started, I had a 103m and when I harvested it, found I had hit it with the 20GA 52 minutes earlier. Frustrating. Luckily others came and bailed me out with those insane distances. Thank you. ;)

SoftShoe, that 103 took over 125 shots to hit. There is a mission in EWs mission packs that requires a Longbow kill on an airborne goose. It took me 216 tries. 100 empty shell casings is nothing. :D

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

RidgeBack69 wrote:
Radamus wrote:
Raptor02 wrote:

Rad ,
you would submit a animal that you shot with the shotgun.
Now wait, I'm getting confused too (or maybe I've been from the start). Are you saying I need to submit a goose taken with the shotgun in order to receive the 200 points for hit accuracy? So if I submit a goose that was shot with one of the other weapons (Grasshopper or Longbow), you won't even look at my shotgun hit accuracy and I can't get those 200 points on top of it? That's important for the *ahem* "strategy" that I want to use for my remaining hunts on Hirsch.
Image Image Image
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Are you saying I need to submit a goose taken with the shotgun in order to receive the 200 points for hit accuracy? So if I submit a goose that was shot with one of the other weapons (Grasshopper or Longbow), you won't even look at my shotgun hit accuracy and I can't get those 200 points on top of it? That's important for the *ahem* "strategy" that I want to use for my remaining hunts on Hirsch.
I believe the hit accuracy scoring category only comes into play if the goose you submit was taken with the 20GA.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

caledonianblues wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:Are you saying I need to submit a goose taken with the shotgun in order to receive the 200 points for hit accuracy? So if I submit a goose that was shot with one of the other weapons (Grasshopper or Longbow), you won't even look at my shotgun hit accuracy and I can't get those 200 points on top of it? That's important for the *ahem* "strategy" that I want to use for my remaining hunts on Hirsch.
I believe the hit accuracy scoring category only comes into play if the goose you submit was taken with the 20GA.
Thanks David, that is important information. So if I'm trying to go for the accuracy points, there's no need to use the other weapons at all.
Image Image Image
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Thanks David, that is important information. So if I'm trying to go for the accuracy points, there's no need to use the other weapons at all.
Probably best to await confirmation from RidgeBack, but that's my understanding of it.

Return to “Competitions”