Payback Invitational (UHC Comp) official announcement

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
BCKidd

Re: Payback Invitational (UHC Comp) official announcement

Post by BCKidd »

RidgeBack69 wrote:
BCKidd wrote:
Raptor02 wrote:I noticed that BCKidd’s first entry he shot 2 geese with the grasshopper. But the leaderboard shows his distance from the shorter shot. Is that right?

Another question. On the 4th objective for the bighorn and sambar, it says traditional bows. Does that just mean any bow? Because the permitted bows are any ethical besides a crossbow for those objectives.
Tod1d wrote:The muzzle-loader pistol is not allowed.

Apparently, BcKidd chose to submit the higher scoring goose.

Traditional bows are ("138", "220", "232", "386", "617") (Recurves, Heavy Recurve, Longbow, Cable-Backed)
I must've read the ROE wrong. Is it best to submit distance shots then? It doesn't matter yet, I'll do another Goose hunt, and make sure it is distance, and hope like hell that it is better scoring than the one now posted. Thanks for pointing this out. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
Since the longest shot with the grasshopper give 125 points and the highest scoring animal only gives 100 it would only make sense. If it were me I would let them land then spot the highest scoring goose . spook that goose into flight and try to shoot it as far away as possible. or better still try to get it with the long bow.
Yep, totally glanced over that. I get it now. Back to it I go. Great challenge so far! ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

SoftShoe wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:Trying to shoot flying geese with the Grasshopper and Longbow... trying to get double hits with the mighty 20GA... and it's raining all the time. I'm slowly beginning to ask myself what kind of "Payback" that is supposed to be?!?
Yeah I am with you on that!

Ridgeback I really appreciate what you trying to do with this comp but I am going to step out of it. I play Classic because its relaxing & fun. The challenges in this are neither & border on stunts. Im not a twitch gamer so not a pro mouse swinger & thats in effect what is needed for the bonuses.

We seem to have a trend with the community comps of making them bigger & bigger whilst more & more complicated, neither of which is a good idea IMO.
I am sorry you feel that way.
This comp was not desinged to be easy that is true but it is not that difficult and certainly don't require twitch reflexes to accomplish the task set forth in it but more so just a bit of planning. Remember you do not have to do every one of them just choose the one you feel you can do or are willing to try to do and try to get the highest scoring animal you can with it.
Spoiler:
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

I have joined in on this comp but not for any sort of prizes but more to suffer along with you all and I will withdraw before the comp ends, That is if no one objects if so please let me know and I will not submit any hunts.
Spoiler:
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

SoftShoe wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:Trying to shoot flying geese with the Grasshopper and Longbow... trying to get double hits with the mighty 20GA... and it's raining all the time. I'm slowly beginning to ask myself what kind of "Payback" that is supposed to be?!?
Yeah I am with you on that!

Ridgeback I really appreciate what you trying to do with this comp but I am going to step out of it. I play Classic because its relaxing & fun. The challenges in this are neither & border on stunts. Im not a twitch gamer so not a pro mouse swinger & thats in effect what is needed for the bonuses.

We seem to have a trend with the community comps of making them bigger & bigger whilst more & more complicated, neither of which is a good idea IMO.
These are tough, but really, we've had a lot tougher than this- Besides- This is an exclusive invitation only event, you've done a lot of sponsoring lately so you gotta give this a go! ... but tht's ok, if you caught your hemm up in your heels I was planning on smokin your ass either way :P :lol: ~ Come on man! shake it off! and btw, anything more than 2 shakes and you're playing with it. :D
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

SoftShoe wrote:We seem to have a trend with the community comps of making them bigger & bigger whilst more & more complicated, neither of which is a good idea IMO.
Variety is the spice of life.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Tried a goose hunt, got a work call, and went over time.. 2:10 :|

110% kills/hit. 12 shots, 10 hits, 11 kills, 3 doubles. But only 13 geese.

I did get a 112m kill with the .22, unscoped! (forgot we removed the "No Scopes" rule)

I know I won't have time to get 15 hunts in 4 days, but it's fun to try these out. Tough comp, RidgeBack! :D
caledonianblues wrote:
SoftShoe wrote:We seem to have a trend with the community comps of making them bigger & bigger whilst more & more complicated, neither of which is a good idea IMO.
Variety is the spice of life.
Yeah, but at some point the developer is going to just say, "Ahhhhh... NO... uh-uh!" ;)
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Hi all, a little questions here :
If i enter a score in a category in my first hunt of a species, what happened if i submit another score for another category in my second hunt for the same species ? did my first score removed or my second score is cumulate with the first one ?
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

FR_Bugs wrote:Hi all, a little questions here :
If i enter a score in a category in my first hunt of a species, what happened if i submit another score for another category in my second hunt for the same species ? did my first score removed or my second score is cumulate with the first one ?
Your new score will replace your previous score.
Spoiler:
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

OK thanks RidgeBack69 :)
Raptor02
Outfitter

Post by Raptor02 »

RidgeBack69 wrote:
FR_Bugs wrote:Hi all, a little questions here :
Your new score will replace your previous score.
So basically we’re trying to accomplish as many objectives as we can in one hunt for each species. So I can’t go for one objective one hunt and then a different objective the next hunt and submit them both?

Return to “Competitions”