Chasing Tail | Big Prizes

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
BCKidd

Re: Chasing Tail | Big Prizes

Post by BCKidd »

JimboCrow wrote:
BCKidd wrote:So, when I stand in front of my lodge on the Bayou and click "G" for camo and my guy and background are green, does that mean I'm suited up right? Or is it when my guy is white and the background is green? Stupid, question I know, but hey I don't usually hunt those flyin' critters. Anyone? :? Peace.

BCKidd.
When your guy is green you are in the correct camo for that spot BC. But be careful, because it can change quite quickly. Suit up for where you want to be in full camouflage. RB has Summer Forest and Summer Swamp as its main camo areas I think. Jim. :)
Thank you Jimbo! Much appreciated. 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Went to WH for whites and blacks, found lot of does and bobcats, bobcats everywhere, and when you want a bobcat... oh Murphy what a prankster.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
OldMM1966
Scout

Post by OldMM1966 »

Edit: found a loaner, up and running!! :D

Looks like I'm down for a couple of days. Was hunting ptarmigan on tgt , heard a rifle shot and my monitor went off. Yep, the old monitor blew a cap!! Amazon will deliver a new one tomorrow. Good luck to all.

Sent from my ASUS_X008DC using Tapatalk
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

:twisted: I wanna pin a tail on the host of this comp! Man, tryin' to find pintail on the Bayou and ain't havin' any luck at all. :x All I want is one, one simple friggin' pintail... arrrgggghhh. :evil: :roll: Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Grizdude
Trophy Hunter

Post by Grizdude »

A total friggin' mess with the cottontail's tracking system. I'm getting no roaming... no fleeing... and no droppings! The comps ruined for me. :(
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Grizdude wrote:A total friggin' mess with the cottontail's tracking system. I'm getting no roaming... no fleeing... and no droppings! The comps ruined for me. :(

I noticed to there was less tracks, i found a "hopping" one, but i had a good hunt today and i did could spot rabbits visually and shoot them before see their tracks, so i got their fleeing tracks and then the body. i used the plinky with the 12x scope to look for them and the shotgun as backup. what i still cant find its a decent scoring wt buck.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Less than 48 hours to go, and the leaderboard is looking very interesting. I received some messages about how the bonus prizes work, so I want to clarify in order to prevent any confusion or disappointment. There are 5 bonus prizes up for grabs, each one is 10k em$. To win a bonus prize you must fulfil the bonus objective for that animal, and it also has to be the highest scoring of that animal with the bonus. For example, if you have a cottontail scoring 1234 with the bonus, but someone else has a cottontail scoring 1235 with the bonus, the 10k em$ will go to the participant with the 1235 cottontail.

In other words, you don't win em$ just for fulfilling the bonus objective. Your animal with the bonus has to be the highest scoring with the bonus (which doesn't necessarily mean the highest in the entire competition).

So far one participant is on track to walk away with a significant chunk of the prize pool. Will anyone stop him? Will anyone get the bonus objective on the blacktail deer? I will be watching the leaderboard closely from here on to see how things transpire during the last stretch.

I will be preparing some trophies this weekend. Those in the top 3 spots of the podium will receive one, and there will also be a slightly different trophy for each bonus prize.

Good luck to everyone.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Frustrating as usual, David. I tried to concentrate on the Northern Pintail bonus - in my 7 hunts in the Bayou I've managed to kill six airborne ducks with the recurve bow, two of which were pintails. But the big one that I'd need to win the bonus wasn't there.

Don't ask me how many arrows I've fired. Or how much I've cursed! :?
Image Image Image
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Morning fellows .

Why is Alliance not on LB no more ? Wasn't he a player with the rabbit bonus ? :shock:

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Grizdude
Trophy Hunter

Post by Grizdude »

VonStratos wrote:
Grizdude wrote:A total friggin' mess with the cottontail's tracking system. I'm getting no roaming... no fleeing... and no droppings! The comps ruined for me. :(

I noticed to there was less tracks, i found a "hopping" one, but i had a good hunt today and i did could spot rabbits visually and shoot them before see their tracks, so i got their fleeing tracks and then the body. i used the plinky with the 12x scope to look for them and the shotgun as backup. what i still cant find its a decent scoring wt buck.
yea... I'm having a heck of a time with finding anything of substantial scoring for this comp, but I'm not giving up, I was just frustrated
yesterday and apologize for sounding so negative, it just seems like it never fails when the weekends come up, something goes buggy with
this game and I love this game... just hate to deal with immersion breakers like this bunny bug. Hang in there VonStratos! We'll get something
decent up on the board before it's all said and done! :D

Return to “Competitions”