Chasing Tail | Big Prizes

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: Chasing Tail | Big Prizes

Post by caledonianblues »

MiS_Maverick wrote:Just wanted to let all participants out there know about another issue, I've contacted Cal already via PM with details, but essentially this: If you choose to Hunt in MP, only the HOST of the MP will be able to submit scores after the hunt is closed.
That's not true. Guests in a multiplayer game can also submit scoresheets. It has already happened in this competition. Sometimes with multiplayer games there are delays in the backend with linking animals to expeditions, which in turn causes delays with some timestamps being updated correctly. The delays often exceed the sandbagging timeout, which is what probably happened in your case. I will take a look at your message and get back to you.
VonStratos wrote:Then this comp its not sp only right? i started by hunting the ptarmigans, for me the most annoying of the targets, with that covered now i try get some good bucks for the leaderboard :) good luck everyone.
The competition is SP and MP.
MiS_Maverick
Hunter

Post by MiS_Maverick »

Thanks for clearing it up David, I suppose I could have used another word besides "problem", I just had it happen in 3 instances and presumed that was what was going on. Good luck everyone, time to hit the woods!
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

MiS_Maverick wrote:Thanks for clearing it up David, I suppose I could have used another word besides "problem", I just had it happen in 3 instances and presumed that was what was going on. Good luck everyone, time to hit the woods!
I've added some code to hopefully prevent it from happening again.
DaveyCockett
Tracker

Post by DaveyCockett »

Ouch forgot I was in this comp and it was running and I shot a 195 whitetail and did not post it lol. Good luck to all who are in the comp. Image
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

DaveyCockett wrote:Ouch forgot I was in this comp and it was running and I shot a 195 whitetail and did not post it lol. Good luck to all who are in the comp. Image
Let me get this clear: you are enrolled in the competition, you were sitting in a tower with a large opening area in front of you, with a lot of "things" to be used as markers, you had this monster coming toward you and you were unable to hold your breath for 3 more minutes, to let him be into 30-31 meters range?! OK, beside the bonus, you weren't able to stay in game for 6 more minutes to pass 30 minutes limit?! WOW, that's something! :o
Spoiler:

DaveyCockett
Tracker

Post by DaveyCockett »

JackRbbt wrote:
DaveyCockett wrote:Ouch forgot I was in this comp and it was running and I shot a 195 whitetail and did not post it lol. Good luck to all who are in the comp. Image
Let me get this clear: you are enrolled in the competition, you were sitting in a tower with a large opening area in front of you, with a lot of "things" to be used as markers, you had this monster coming toward you and you were unable to hold your breath for 3 more minutes, to let him be into 30-31 meters range?! OK, beside the bonus, you weren't able to stay in game for 6 more minutes to pass 30 minutes limit?! WOW, that's something! :o
Yeah I totally forgot the comp was going and shot that one to enter in the prize drawing. I am laughing at my self while trying not to be upset.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Slowly finding the right aim with the recurve... now send me the big birds! :lol:

Image Image Image
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

Wow, HighPlainsDrifter ..in just two days no less ..just, wow.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

So, when I stand in front of my lodge on the Bayou and click "G" for camo and my guy and background are green, does that mean I'm suited up right? Or is it when my guy is white and the background is green? Stupid, question I know, but hey I don't usually hunt those flyin' critters. Anyone? :? Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

BCKidd wrote:So, when I stand in front of my lodge on the Bayou and click "G" for camo and my guy and background are green, does that mean I'm suited up right? Or is it when my guy is white and the background is green? Stupid, question I know, but hey I don't usually hunt those flyin' critters. Anyone? :? Peace.

BCKidd.
When your guy is green you are in the correct camo for that spot BC. But be careful, because it can change quite quickly. Suit up for where you want to be in full camouflage. RB has Summer Forest and Summer Swamp as its main camo areas I think. Jim. :)

Return to “Competitions”