1st Annual EHR Poker Tournament - official announcement

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Re: 1st Annual EHR Poker Tournament - official announcement

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

caledonianblues wrote:I think glaciers were supposed to be rare, although lately I've seen a lot more of them than I would expect.
Glaciers were never meant to be rare, they just used to be the “rarest” of the bear fur variations to load is all, meaning their load rate was less than the others. Now tho, all Bear fur variations load the same, to the point where seeing the Common Blacks is almost a rarity lol. It is very, very wrong. Was brought up to EW a few times about the fur variations loading far to frequently, but nothing was ever done. Common Black Bears should be the most common color phase Bear you see, followed by Chcocolate, Cinnamon, Blonde, and finally Glacier.
guidaozera

Post by guidaozera »

I'm having trouble differentiating the colors of the bears, does anyone have any ideas that might help?
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

guidaozera wrote:I'm having trouble differentiating the colors of the bears, does anyone have any ideas that might help?
Yep, keep at it. You'll soon figure the variations out. Try hunting when it is light out tho. I did a few @ 7:00 am, and had a lot of trouble too. When I started later then that the color variations (hue) in certain slants of light are distinguishable. Hope that helps. 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

Have been doing Redfeather travel missions while hunting the comp.. final objective of #7 Calming Down.. "At any point during the same hunt, harvest a Black Bear killed with the .50 Cap Lock Muzzleloader."

Aw! :lol:
Last edited by J_Birdman on May 10th, 2018, 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I just made my second attempt, and i just repeat the same mistake, didn't notice i already had a common killed with my rifle. :(
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/vonh ... n/81162293

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
TROPICIEL3
Tracker

Post by TROPICIEL3 »

J Birdman, sightseeing missions I play in every game for the competition, this last mission was a success.
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

TROPICIEL3 wrote:J Birdman, sightseeing missions I play in every game for the competition, this last mission was a success.
Hah, I totally forgot that it's shotguns that aren't permitted, I could have done the travel mission lol. I thought muzzleloaders weren't permitted, and that the muzzleloading pistol was included in the handgun category. Memory, what? :oops:
JaggyBunnet
Tracker

Post by JaggyBunnet »

Just in case anyone is still competing, and finds it difficult in identifying the various fur variations, I managed to take this shot of 4 out of the 5 side by side.I almost managed 5, but I messed up on the shot and it ran. It's easier to compare when they're all in the same light, and it becomes a good bit more tricky when they're in the shade. Just for the reason of completing the set, I included a picture of a cinnamon, also shot in the same light.
From the left : There are 2 glaciers, blonde, chocolate, with the common way at the back.

https://photo.thehunter.com/4b/53/4b53b ... 4447a4.jpg
https://photo.thehunter.com/90/ce/90ce0 ... f34768.jpg
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

Thanks JaggyBunnet, nice of you to share. I took the liberty of combining them, hope you don't mind.

JaggyBunnet
Tracker

Post by JaggyBunnet »

J_Birdman wrote:Thanks JaggyBunnet, nice of you to share. I took the liberty of combining them, hope you don't mind.
I don't mind at all, nice idea Birdman ! I hope it helps more players get a score on the board.

Return to “Competitions”