1st Annual EHR Poker Tournament - official announcement

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Re: 1st Annual EHR Poker Tournament - official announcement

Post by JackRbbt »

Not really good hunts for this competition. The "unique card" rule is broken in all of them. (But impressive runs, no doubts about that! ;) )
Spoiler:

Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

JackRbbt wrote:Not really good hunts for this competition. The "unique card" rule is broken in all of them. (But impressive runs, no doubts about that! ;) )
My bad. I thought you were checking for the rarity of fur variations.
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

Seifer wrote:
JackRbbt wrote:Not really good hunts for this competition. The "unique card" rule is broken in all of them. (But impressive runs, no doubts about that! ;) )
My bad. I thought you were checking for the rarity of fur variations.
Basically it's about testing the functionality of software designed for this competition. That means replacing fur variation+weapon category with equivalent card and checking the uniqueness of each card among the 7 card draw. As i said, your hunts wont pass last verification. :(

Anyway, thank you for your interest in this competition and in helping Tod (he does the hard work on this!). :)
Spoiler:

Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

The tough part is most people don't try to get a bunch of animals with different weapons. I could turn off the check for exactly 7 bears, but I still need to be able to make a 7 card deal with no duplicate cards. I'm throwing together a system to manually create hunt data that I can use to test. This has been an issue with all the comps, so this will help with all future comps too. It's still good to do some testing with real data though. I always seem to miss something if I don't.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Tod1d wrote:The tough part is most people don't try to get a bunch of animals with different weapons. I could turn off the check for exactly 7 bears, but I still need to be able to make a 7 card deal with no duplicate cards. I'm throwing together a system to manually create hunt data that I can use to test. This has been an issue with all the comps, so this will help with all future comps too. It's still good to do some testing with real data though. I always seem to miss something if I don't.
You're doing a helluva job Tod. We're all indebted to you for the countless numerous hours you and David put into these comps after the ideas are on paper. Hats off to you sirs. Outstanding.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

JackRbbt wrote: All 7 bears must be distinct, as long as all cards in the deck are.
Please clarify, JR. Do you mean each hunt has to contain one of each of the seven fur variations? Or can I have a pair of Kings by having one Blonde killed with a bow, and one Blonde killed with a handgun in my 7?

Edit: there are only 5 fur variations, so I guess my pair of Kings example is good?

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Stan, yes. You can't have 2 blondes killed with the same weapon (category). So, like a deck of cards, there aren't 2 King of clubs. But you can have 4 kings by killing them all with different weapon types.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

stancomputerhunter wrote:
JackRbbt wrote: All 7 bears must be distinct, as long as all cards in the deck are.
Please clarify, JR. Do you mean each hunt has to contain one of each of the seven fur variations? Or can I have a pair of Kings by having one Blonde killed with a bow, and one Blonde killed with a handgun in my 7?

Edit: there are only 5 fur variations, so I guess my pair of Kings example is good?
You got me in a Vinnie Barbarino fog at the moment
I have a hard time telling what the colors are since they overhauled the bears-
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Radamus wrote:I have a hard time telling what the colors are since they overhauled the bears
Hey that can be your excuse when you come last on the leaderboard ;)
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

caledonianblues wrote:
Radamus wrote:I have a hard time telling what the colors are since they overhauled the bears
Hey that can be your excuse when you come last on the leaderboard ;)
Hey, you remind me you said this and let me know when that happens ok ;) .... Don't you have some ironing to do? :P
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:

Return to “Competitions”