1st Annual EHR Poker Tournament - official announcement

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Violator31
Outfitter

Re: 1st Annual EHR Poker Tournament - official announcement

Post by Violator31 »

I didn't get a qualifying hunt to submit, I only tried for a couple of days, but this really was a cool idea.
I had the same problem Von Stratos stated.... I kept getting a duplicate bear/weapon. But it was a lot of fun trying. Thank you.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

Grizdude wrote:JR ol' buddy... I have a question. If I decide to go for this lowest scoring Royal Flush, will it wipe out my higher scoring one?
If it does then wouldn't this be considered a second chance rather then a bonus since it wouldn't be attached to any other score?
I know... I know... I'm a troublemaker! ;) If it were a bonus then the folks in 1st, 2nd and 3rd would be able to win it on top of what they're already going to win. Correct? :?
Griz, that's the whole point! Initialy i intended to give the bonus to highest scoring "all females" Royal Flush, but due a communication failure with Tod (he did a great work with the software for this competition, my thanks are not enough to express my gratitude), the gender wasn't stored into database. So, i went to smallest scoring one, assuming that, in a way or other, would be close to an "all females" one. The whole idea was to give something to another person than one of the first 3 winners.
If you wanna debate the "second chance" concept, let me tell you that in poker tournaments it's another concept called "rebuy". Well, here the "buy-in" is registration, of course. After that, anyone is free to play the game and get as many "rebuys" are needed/wanted. If someone (that includes the guy from the top 3) feels that bonus is more valuable/appealing, they can try to get it. That's whole story!

P.S. Have a look on leaderboard! Since i revealed the secret, someone else "stoled" it from FR_Bugs. :) And still 90 minutes until the end, so anything can happens.
Spoiler:

Grizdude
Trophy Hunter

Post by Grizdude »

Well thanks, JR for the "Whole Story!" ;) I understand now bud. I tried to get a low scoring one to steal it from FR_Bugs, but to no avail!
It was a whole lot of fun with this one! I thank ya kindly for hosting and of course another BIG thank you to Tod for all he does! Congrats to all the winners! :)
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

Thanks for the comp Jack! It was fun, frustrating, and more challenging than I thought it would be. I actually had Tony beat for first, but unfortunately I lost track of time and exceeded the 5 hour max limit. I look forward to your next poker hunt. Although I hope it will be adjusted such that more poker hands will come into play instead of nothing but royal flushes. All in all great tournament and thanks for hosting it.
Lamphunter
Hunter

Post by Lamphunter »

That was one heck of a comp!!! :D
What a great idea and what a concept!!!
Thank you JackRbbt and everyone else who contributed to make this comp happen!!!
Congratulations to the winners! Well done!
Waiting for the next poker game... ;)
Cheers!
Last edited by Lamphunter on May 19th, 2018, 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

Every thing goes to an end. So did this competition!

Thank you all for competing and for your fair play! I hope you had fun, as i intended!

My deepest gratitude to Tod, who did miracles in matter of days, writting the software needed, following my crazy ideas. And, of course, to David who made all these competitions possible, by creating, maintaining, expanding and hosting the UHC site.

In the morning (it's 2 AM here) i will revise the results and announce the winners.
Spoiler:

JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

JackRbbt wrote:Every thing goes to an end. So did this competition!

Thank you all for competing and for your fair play! I hope you had fun, as i intended!

My deepest gratitude to Tod, who did miracles in matter of days, writting the software needed, following my crazy ideas. And, of course, to David who made all these competitions possible, by creating, maintaining, expanding and hosting the UHC site.

In the morning (it's 2 AM here) i will revise the results and announce the winners.
What the hell you mean in the morning? :o :o This is poker baby!!! Las Vegas never sleeps!!! :D :D
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Man i couldn't make it, the last bear in my last hunt again was a repeated card, my lack of patience to get close and check the fur beyond mistakes took the better of me, and i coulnt submit any hunt, but still congratulations to the winners and thanks to the host, its was a great competition and i enjoyed it a lot, looking for the next time. ;)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Nockedup
Hunter

Post by Nockedup »

Thank you JackRbbt for putting on this competition and congratulations to the prize winners. I killed several monster Black Bears during this competition including two "top of the leaderboard" bears that scored 23.937 but I couldn't do anything with them.
Current Season Stats
Spoiler:
Nockedup's Twitch Channel

"Difficult doesn't mean impossible. It simply means that you have to work hard" ~ Theodore Roosevelt
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Thanks for hosting JackRbbt and congrat to the winners.

Return to “Competitions”