Three Horned Bandits (UHC Competition)

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: Three Horned Bandits (UHC Competition)

Post by caledonianblues »

KingKong1 wrote:The problems we have now look very much the same as before: Mapping memory in Windows.Maybe changes have been made that make the previous fix not work any longer?
The "fix" was always going to be a temporary solution. If memory is not properly managed within the client (and I'm not saying that's the case) then crashes will be inevitable. I think it's linked to the option for extended audio memory. On my gaming laptop with that option disabled I get the ridiculous fog horn sound and no issues. With it enabled the audio is fine but the client behaves really strange, e.g. unable to harvest random animals, stuttering when client-to-backend interaction occurs, achievements and mission completion announcements popping up at random times, even before I move or shoot animals, etc.
grancazador
Scout

Post by grancazador »

It is difficult to improve the Dall Sheep score in WR with these unpredictable crash.
good luck to everyone. I'm done here.
Spoiler:
Buena Caza
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

My computer/settings. Spent over 3 hours on WRR earlier without issue.

Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Holiday weekend traveling so wasnt able to hunt. Im having a hard time with the Bighorn though. If it wasnt that I knew Tann was on holiday I would swear he is posting "No Bighorn" signs on my rez! Biggest one so far has only been a 146 sheesh!

Honestly I have been avoiding WRR. I dont mind risking a crash if I am just hunting to be hunting but in a comp I spend the whole time with my sphincter clenched. I am going to leave Ibex alone. My entry is a PB for me so once I get a decent Bighorn I will go back to WRR & if I am able to anchor a monster will return to Ibex.

Ironically my system is crazy stable. theHunter & specifically WRR is the only time I ever have any games crash on me.

SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Have y'all noticed a "dead zone" in TGT? Typically when hunting Bighorn I hunt from the coal mine west & south. For this comp I decided to try the far northeast corner of the map. I am here to tell you in the 4 hunts I did in that area there was NOTHING there! No ptarmigan & definitely no sheep nor tracks of either.

Do y'all have similar experiences in this area?

Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

SoftShoe wrote:Have y'all noticed a "dead zone" in TGT? Typically when hunting Bighorn I hunt from the coal mine west & south. For this comp I decided to try the far northeast corner of the map. I am here to tell you in the 4 hunts I did in that area there was NOTHING there! No ptarmigan & definitely no sheep nor tracks of either.

I can't recall anything bringing me to that area no - But move your red circle to the west, center it on the little bit of snow caps there and that's my spot. The W/SW edge of your circle though, that's not a bad spot from there moving counter-clockwise around those peaks- Fighting rams down in those woods is a pretty good bet.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Here is my experience with TGT after several days of trying to find a trophy BHS. Contrary to what David says, for the size of the area, there are very few animals. I have traveled the length and breadth of those high mountains, and in a typical hunt I'm lucky to spot 3 or 4 of them. Rarely males. In the trees, which is NOT their natural environment, you cannot see them, and if you do, getting a shot at one of them while moving between trees and rocks is pretty much luck. They never stop. Always moving. I can hear them from as far away as 70 meters. But it is impossible to stand up, climb on a rock, or even put up a tree stand and see them. So you end up crouch walking for 200 meters because they are constantly moving, and if you happen to stand up there is one 40 meters away that was unknown and that spooks the whole thing. Plus, a single animal roaming around from 60-70 meters sounds like it is 5 or 6 because the sound is messed up. Just a horrid design by EW. Making a map that has few species that you can SEE, and the wrong environment.

I remember when this map was previewed. A member here came on and said he lives in Montana and hunts BHS all the time, and they are high mountain dwellers, never in the trees and grass except during winter feeding. They stay above the tree lines. No one listened, or if they did, no one made any changes.

Edit: Plus add in the high grass, so when prone, can't see a thing. What was the point, EW?

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

I have very similar experiences hunting them. Definitely one of the more frustrating species to hunt for sure! I can kinda see why EW did like they did with the BH. IRL hunting them most of the challenge lies in getting to them then pulling off a long shot in tricky wind conditions. Hard to replicate that here so they instead made them harder to find.

Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

That's the main reason why I don't bother to hunt them. Hard to find in an environment which should be as "easy" as the ibex to find.
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

Radamus wrote:
SoftShoe wrote:Have y'all noticed a "dead zone" in TGT? Typically when hunting Bighorn I hunt from the coal mine west & south. For this comp I decided to try the far northeast corner of the map. I am here to tell you in the 4 hunts I did in that area there was NOTHING there! No ptarmigan & definitely no sheep nor tracks of either.

I can't recall anything bringing me to that area no - But move your red circle to the west, center it on the little bit of snow caps there and that's my spot. The W/SW edge of your circle though, that's not a bad spot from there moving counter-clockwise around those peaks- Fighting rams down in those woods is a pretty good bet.
That area has always been dead as far as i can remember. I wish EW made them spawn more frequently over there, as out of what i've heard, Bighorns are often found on areas like that IRL. What i usually do is this:

Often end up with 10-20 Bighorns in an hour or two. Also you can get a flock or two of birds

Return to “Competitions”