Three Horned Bandits (UHC Competition)

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
VonStratos
Outfitter

Re: Three Horned Bandits (UHC Competition)

Post by VonStratos »

Looks like a very interesting comp, i don't hunt goats often but this sound fun and a good challenge... but don't own any of the weapons required, cant include some shotguns? i believe the 16ga and 10ga, and the classic 12ga single shot may fit in the classic theme of the comp :)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

VonStratos wrote:Looks like a very interesting comp, i don't hunt goats often but this sound fun and a good challenge... but don't own any of the weapons required, cant include some shotguns? i believe the 16ga and 10ga, and the classic 12ga single shot may fit in the classic theme of the comp :)
They do fit well yes, and the plan was to include them for people that wanted to use them, as i planned this comp months ago. But it would then be the exact same weapons as in the «Tweed and Rifles» comp that took place not long ago.

So i thought i’d just leave them out. You can still use the bows and the .50 cap lock muzzleloader if you have those :) it might give you bonus points too ;)

VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I understand, it make sense, sadly for me i don't have any other classic weapon atm, if got one i might give a try, anyway best luck to the competitors ;)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

No problem VonStratos :)

Thanks for your interest in the comp though!

kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

Just got a PM from a person asking if both lungs are need to be hit. Answer is that as long as you get a lung, single or double lung shot, you get the bonus. Can a mod be so nice and add that to the template? :)

RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

I really don't go after the goats in this game much but I am going to give this one a try if for nothing more than just for the change of pace.
Spoiler:
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

4 Hours til the comp starts guys :)

Hopefully there won't be any problems and you all have a good time! maybe even get a PB or two ;)

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Gonna be FUN! Thanks for the reminder and start time. 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Hey Kev, I am getting myself ready for this comp & was rereading the rules. Saw a grey area or maybe I dont understand it well enough. For the bonuses you say "one of the species" for each of the weapon types. Just to be clear that means I cant use the longbow on all the animals for a 5 point bonus, just one correct? Ditto for the rest of the weapons so the max bonus would be 16pts assuming all weapons used & hit criteria met.

Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

SoftShoe wrote:Hey Kev, I am getting myself ready for this comp & was rereading the rules. Saw a grey area or maybe I dont understand it well enough. For the bonuses you say "one of the species" for each of the weapon types. Just to be clear that means I cant use the longbow on all the animals for a 5 point bonus, just one correct? Ditto for the rest of the weapons so the max bonus would be 16pts assuming all weapons used & hit criteria met.
I hope not. It's not programmed that way. If you shoot all 3 with the longbow & hit at least one lung, you will get 5 points for each. (total of 15 points bonus)

The max bonus would be 15 (3 lung shots with the longbow, or 3 heart shots with the muzzle-loader)
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!

Return to “Competitions”