Three Horned Bandits (UHC Competition)

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
kevin2106
Hunter

Three Horned Bandits (UHC Competition)

Post by kevin2106 »

The combined score of your biggest Dall Sheep, Bighorn Sheep and Alpine Ibex will be your competition entry. You can only use classic weapons and bows. You have unlimited attempts, no submission limit, and you can get bonus points added to an animals score if you complete certain requirements.

Starts: Friday 30th March 2018 - 00:00 Europe/London (UTC)
Ends: Wednesday 4th April 2018 - 23:59 Europe/London (UTC)

Rules and Conditions

Species: Dall Sheep, Bighorn Sheep, Alpine Ibex

Reserves: Whiterime Ridge, Timbergold Trails, Val-des-Bois

Permitted Rifles/Muzzleloaders:
.30-06 Bolt Action Rifle (Classic, Not the Stutzen!), .303 British Bolt Action Rifle, 8x57 IS K98k Bolt Action Rifle, 7.62x54R, .50 Cap Lock Muzzleloader

Permitted Bows:
Heavy and Normal Recurve, Longbow, Cable-backed Bow

Scoring:
The combined score of your Highest Scoring animal of each species is your competition entry.

Special Requirements:

One shot kills only. Wound time does not matter, so instant kill is not needed.

Expedition Requirements:
Hunts must begin after the comp starts, and end before the comp ends.
Hunts/Scoresheets must be submitted within 3 hours after the end of the hunt (no sandbagging).
Hunts must be at least 45 minutes real time (1 hour and 30 minutes game time). Furthermore, if any participant is found to be blatantly spawn mashing, UHC Apps reserve the right to disqualify this participant from the competition and all future competitions hosted by UHC Apps.
Single player sessions only! Multiplayer sessions are not allowed.

Equipment/Stands: Treestands, Tripods, Blinds and the Shooting Tripod Rest can all be used on the animals you shoot.

Fast traveling exploiting:
If any participant is found to be taking suicide (Fall damage) in the game to fast travel between tents to maximize the chances of running into a high scoring animal, he/she will be Disqualified from the competition. Since the mountain areas are very steep at places and you can often be unlucky and fall down unintentinaly, i will not be very strict on this rule since stuff like that happens a lot. Don't be afraid of fast traveling etc, there is nothing wrong with that at all, only the players that are taking exploit of the fast traveling system will face consequences. Nor will i rush into a decison on this, there is no way UHC can show how much a person fast travels, so if any player gets DQ, it will be after a lot of thinking and digging into their hunt history from my side. I consider that way of playing as pretty much the same as spawn mashing, and it's unfair against other players that can't spend a lot of money on camping suplies. If you suspect that anyone is doing this, you can PM me on the forums or message me at the UHC site :)

Bonus points:
If you manage to hit certain organs on the animals with the weapons you see below, you will be awarded bonus points to the score of that animal.
  1. Longbow: If you hit the lungs on one of the species, it will be added 5 points to the score of that animal
  • Cable-backed Bow: If you hit the lungs on one of the species, it will be added 4 points to the score of that animal
  • Heavy or Normal Recurve: If you hit the lungs on one of the species, it will be added 2 points to the score of that animal
  • .50 Cal Cap Lock Muzzleloader: If you get a Heart shot on one of the species, it will be added 5 points to the score of that animal
For example: If an Ibex that scored 273 was shot in the lungs with a Recurve bow, it would then score 275 in the competition. Same with the other animals, a 185 scoring Bighorn Sheep shot in the lungs with a Cable-backed Bow will score 189 etc.
Other organs can be hit as well on all the bonuses. "hit the lungs" means one lung, or both must be hit.

Registration
Registration is required prior to beginning a hunt from which scores are submitted. Participants can register right up until the end of the competition.

Scoresheet

Participants must submit their competition entries using the scoresheet.

Leaderboard
The leaderboards for this competition will be updated in real time. Please use the link above to keep track of the competition.

Prizes

1st: 1500 EM$
2nd: 1000 EM$
3rd: 500 EM$

Bonus Prize!
If a person finishes somewhere in the top 3 on the leaderbord at the end of the competition, and one of the submitted animals is a rare, he/she will be awarded 1000 extra EM$. This bonus is not limited to one person, so if all the top three players have a rare animal in their score, they will all be awarded the extra 1000 EM$. Huge thanks to community member and friend DYEUZ for sponsoring this! :)

Questions?
If you have any questions regarding the comp, please feel free to ask in this thread or send me a PM on the forum or the UCH site :)

Errors and Bugs
If you find any errors in this thread (Typos, missing or misleading information) please let me know!

Conditions
I reserve the right to modify the rules and terms of this competition at any time between the date and time of this post, and the start of the competition. I also reserve the right to cancel this competition at any time.
UHC and competition hosts reserve the right to disqualify any participant at their discretion for any reason, including but not limited to: cheating, unsportsmanlike conduct, harassment, et. al.
Discrepancies & ambiguities in the rules or scoring site will be addressed by UHC or the competition host as expediently as possible.

Hopefully you guys like the Sheeps/Ibex in this game as much as i do! This is my first time hosting a community competition, and hopefully it will be fun for all of the participants and myself :)
Last edited by kevin2106 on March 15th, 2018, 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SoftShoe
Outfitter

Re: Three Horned Bandits (UHC Competition)

Post by SoftShoe »

Very cool Kevin! I am looking forward to this, I enjoy hunting sheep.

Thanks for hosting this!

JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

I am OK with Ibex and Bighorn, Dall Sheep will be a challenge. But i am not the one to refuse a good challenge, so count me in, Kevin! :)
Spoiler:

DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Good job on the announcement template Kevin .
will deffo try it out .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Grizdude
Trophy Hunter

Post by Grizdude »

Looks like fun Kev! Count me in bro!
lowby
Outfitter

Post by lowby »

Nice comp Kevin.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Decisions, decisions..so many cool comps. Which one do I take the money from? :D Easy decision, all of them, of course! :lol: Good luck for second everyone!

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

kevin2106 wrote:
.30-06 Bolt Action Rifle (Classic, Not the Stutzen!), .303 British Bolt Action Rifle, 8x57 IS K98k Bolt Action Rifle, .50 Cap Lock Muzzleloader

(I left out the 7.62x54R Bolt Action Rifle of the comp sice i saw people complaining about it not hitting where you aim, i don't want any participants to mess up a shot because of a weapon that isn't working as it should)
Nice comp,

but this rule leaves me out. I have no plans on buying any of the other classic rifles when IMO the 7.62x54 is the best of them. from the tweeds and rifles comp I saw no problems with it hitting its target.

No matter still looks like a good/fun comp. Good luck all.

Edit:
I should have read on. I will just be with out the use of the classic guns but could still take part.
Last edited by RidgeBack69 on March 15th, 2018, 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

Thanks a lot guys for all the nice words :)

RidgeBack69 wrote:
kevin2106 wrote:
.30-06 Bolt Action Rifle (Classic, Not the Stutzen!), .303 British Bolt Action Rifle, 8x57 IS K98k Bolt Action Rifle, .50 Cap Lock Muzzleloader

(I left out the 7.62x54R Bolt Action Rifle of the comp sice i saw people complaining about it not hitting where you aim, i don't want any participants to mess up a shot because of a weapon that isn't working as it should)
Nice comp,

but this rule leaves me out. I have no plans on buying any of the other classic rifles when IMO the 7.62x54 is the best of them. from the tweeds and rifles comp I saw no problems with it hitting its target.

No matter still looks like a good/fun comp. Good luck all.
Well, i can go do some testing on it. If it happens on my end too, i’ll have keep it out. If not though, i can maybe add it.

@Stan/Serge: If i’m not totally wrong, you guys said something about that rifle during the Tweed and Rifles comp? Have you guys used it after that comp ended?

RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

one of my harvest from Tweeds and rifles.

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/Ridg ... /593508740

Looks OK to me.
Spoiler:

Return to “Competitions”