Ladies First Competition .

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: Ladies First Competition .

Post by Tod1d »

Nockedup wrote:
Tod1d wrote:
Not sure about the timer, but was it a single-player hunt, and did you pause it? The 7 hr limit is real time, and keep ticking even if the game is paused.
Yes, it was a single player hunt. I went into my backpack inventory once or twice, went to my map several times. That's all. It's ok, it is what it is. I'll just go try to do it again! ;)
Sounds like you just cut it too close. Chalk it up to academics? ;) No idea where the discrepancy came from. When did you start the timer?
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Thats a shame Nockedup ! 12 hours in-game should be enough in my opinion , but all is about that good spawn i guess. Try not to go so close to border line next time .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Nockedup
Hunter

Post by Nockedup »

Tod1d wrote:Sounds like you just cut it too close. Chalk it up to academics? ;) No idea where the discrepancy came from. When did you start the timer?
I've been starting the stopwatch that is on a little LCD screen on my keyboard as soon as I arrive in the game in front of a tent or lodge. I'm guessing the real time clock starts at the second that you click on the start hunt button and not when you land on the reserve.
DYEUZ wrote:Thats a shame Nockedup ! 12 hours in-game should be enough in my opinion , but all is about that good spawn i guess. Try not to go so close to border line next time.
Yep, Tod1d & DYEUZ, you are both right. I shouldn't have tried to cut it so close in the first place. This was entirely my own fault. In the final minutes, there was another nice female in the area and I was trying to get a shot at it in hopes that it would move me up into the 2nd or 3rd position. At the time, I was only short by .576 points. Risk vs. reward, and this time the risk got me. :lol:
Current Season Stats
Spoiler:
Nockedup's Twitch Channel

"Difficult doesn't mean impossible. It simply means that you have to work hard" ~ Theodore Roosevelt
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Nockedup wrote:I'm guessing the real time clock starts at the second that you click on the start hunt button and not when you land on the reserve.
Definitely! And as Tod said, the clock runs even while you're on the map, the inventory, main menu... so just don't try to squeeze out the last minute. ;)
Image Image Image
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

Sad i can’t play the comp Serge... was really looking forward to it...

PC got electro shocked (don’t know if that’s a word in english lol) so everything is messed up and broken inside :D On the positive side though i finally have a good reason to buy a new and even better PC 8-)

All i got is a tiny laptop atm, which can barely play the game for an hour without getting overheated :roll:

DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

I see one more player got over 1000 points , grats . :)
Still a bit more than one day left ,to try this comp out . Don't forget that even if you think its a small score you have and may not be worth entering , it will give you that 50 UHC$ , for entering a score , wherever you finish . ;)

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

DYEUZ wrote:I see one more player got over 1000 points , grats . :)
Still a bit more than one day left ,to try this comp out . Don't forget that even if you think its a small score you have and may not be worth entering , it will give you that 50 UHC$ , for entering a score , wherever you finish . ;)
Indeed. I have come to the conclusion that, the only way I'm ever gonna get anything, from all the "UHC Draws" etc., that Cal puts on is by participatin' in comps and hostin' 'em... :lol: :lol: This comp DYEUZ, has been awesome! I really had doubts that I would enjoy it, since it is all about bows, but galdarnit I really am having fun with it! With 23 hrs left and a couple of minutes- I'm headin' back to Hem, to let more arrows fly! ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Ladies First Comp is officially over . Will be back with the results shortly . ;)

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Thoke2014
Scout

Post by Thoke2014 »

Thank you Dyeuz for this competition. It had been a while since I had really competed in a community comp but this one reminded me why they're so fun. It was definitely a challenge and I'd like to congratulate everyone who placed. I thought I was gonna be able to snag a podium spot at the end when I got a 346 and 340 last night and had a 330+ in my sights but she got away from me and I came up short.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Congratulations to the winners! Thank you DYEUZ for hostin' and thanks also to UHC Staff for all that they do for this community! Had a real good time with this comps, altho', I was hesitant at first since I'm not really a bow hunter per'se. Congrats again to the winners! ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.

Return to “Competitions”