Ladies First Competition .

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
babba01

Re: Ladies First Competition .

Post by babba01 »

Nice comp, just registered.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I just registered, seems a great chance to have fun with my pulsar and gain some experience on reindeer, i don't hunt them too much so its gonna be good as learning and challenge.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

COUNTDOWN TO START OF COMP AS BEEN ACTIVATED .
Click the link below
http://itsalmo.st/#forreindeerhunting

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

I'm looking forward to this. I have never intentionally hunted reindeer before. They were always a target of opportunity for me. This should be interesting.

Conch
Scout

Post by Conch »

How do we send our scoresheets in?
"If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it" - Fred Bear

DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Conch wrote:How do we send our scoresheets in?
At the UHC site . Under the comp's name .

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

SoftShoe wrote:I'm looking forward to this. I have never intentionally hunted reindeer before. They were always a target of opportunity for me. This should be interesting.
Boy are you in for a treat! :lol:
There's a few rules to them that if you aren't aware of, it will be all "opportunity" and that's tough huntin. If you haven't hunted them, that's a big hill to climb from trk/spt skills that will make you love em or hate em. I'd brush up on some basic info for them and do some research. Just walking out any old place has it's merits but for this one, making tracks and finding them, well it's tough. I still don't have a clue what something's going to score until I see it because it's one that will confuse the hell out of you sometimes, more than most. The biggest girls are easier than the males though and the best part is, one nice stud can have a whole herd of ladies with him and they don't leave his side until you shoot him- then, after they realize their boyfriend is not coming they are off on their travels. There's nothing like them in the game in some ways, they have their own habits.... but I've said too much already :D
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

As SoftShoe my experience with reindeer its minimal, do its really needed the caller or its possible stalk them and get close to them just with caution? in my previous experiences they seem roam fast if you have to track them from behind, but due their roaming nature its hard to know where ambush them.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

VonStratos wrote:As SoftShoe my experience with reindeer its minimal, do its really needed the caller or its possible stalk them and get close to them just with caution? in my previous experiences they seem roam fast if you have to track them from behind, but due their roaming nature its hard to know where ambush them.
OK, I'm going to make this easy for you- need caller? hell yea - You're going to call in the bull, he will lead the pack- the girls will be running around with ants in their pants- they couldn't care less about you and a caller- they are going to follow him. Now here's the trick with this one- no stands! and only bows- you're going to be challenged for a shot on the girls who won't be standing still much at all and you have to pull if off before you're caught by the infantry surrounding the Captain :D It's going to be tough on the ground so the perfect setup would be call, move to the side and hope to get them out in the open where you can first of all, find a big girl, then, pull off a shot. It's going to be tricky but you'll be challenged.
You'll come across a couple females here and there alone just grazing with nowhere to go and then there's the pack trains on a schedule and a destination with at least 1 bull or more- higher odds, tougher odds-
If tracking from behind, run the whole way and work them back with the caller once you pick up a call or hear hooves- either or - and glass, glass some more, run and run and glass! and there it is- And lastly- if you try to set them up in dense woods- your toast- they are sneaky and spooky. Almost guarantee you the smallest girl will bust you first :lol:
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

...What Radamus said + If you can come up on them , while they are feeding , you have a better chance , because , they are slow and in a stop N go mode .
Forward 5 meters /stop / eat . move 5 meters / stop / eat . Still need to be stealthy though.

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Return to “Competitions”