Bounce around some ideas on bracket concept comp

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Re: Bounce around some ideas on bracket concept comp

Post by SoftShoe »

IMO having a teammate changes the dynamics of the comp completely. If it just me, competing for nothing but my own glory, I will hunt hard but am content to leave well enough alone. However if I have a teammate I dont want to be the weak link so I will push & push until the comp ends. I doubt I am the only one like that. You want to see most peoples A game? Have them team up.

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

SoftShoe wrote:IMO having a teammate changes the dynamics of the comp completely. If it just me, competing for nothing but my own glory, I will hunt hard but am content to leave well enough alone. However if I have a teammate I dont want to be the weak link so I will push & push until the comp ends. I doubt I am the only one like that. You want to see most peoples A game? Have them team up.
To each his own I guess. I see it the other way- "wanna see a person's A Game" put them in comps against the best... With a teammate in MP means two set of eyes, two people shootin' things together. In SP, one set of eyes, one person shootin'. Perhaps a comp could be derived from this where it is a tier type system- MP and SP- same rules same critters to harvest etc. Not sure how that would work tho'. I see a lot of EM$ being needed to do it that way. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

BCKidd wrote:... With a teammate in MP means two set of eyes, two people shootin' things together. ....
Not exactly like that. It all depends on the objectives. In David's "Double Six" final, Len and i we've been hunting in total different sides of Val-des-Bois: he was up in the mountains, looking for Ibex, i was down on the river bed and at one moment we switched places. I think we've been side-by-side 15 minutes tops, in a 3 hours hunt. I assume that, if a MP team competition will ever comes, the objectives will be set in such manner that the team members to work in a complementary way, each of them trying the best in a different area than the other(s).
Spoiler:

SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

BCKidd wrote: With a teammate in MP means two set of eyes,
Im not talking about MP hunts. I am talking about 2 people hunting SP but working as a team to get the best animals.

With Marc's comp, Kevin & I werent able to link up MP partialy because of time difference but also we agreed that linking up & driving an area violated the spirit of the hunt. It was precisely because I didn't want to let him down that forced me to hunt as hard as I did.

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

JackRbbt wrote:
BCKidd wrote:... With a teammate in MP means two set of eyes, two people shootin' things together. ....
Not exactly like that. It all depends on the objectives. In David's "Double Six" final, Len and i we've been hunting in total different sides of Val-des-Bois: he was up in the mountains, looking for Ibex, i was down on the river bed and at one moment we switched places. I think we've been side-by-side 15 minutes tops, in a 3 hours hunt. I assume that, if a MP team competition will ever comes, the objectives will be set in such manner that the team members to work in a complementary way, each of them trying the best in a different area than the other(s).
I see. That makes more sense I think. ;) Peace.
SoftShoe wrote:
BCKidd wrote: With a teammate in MP means two set of eyes,
Im not talking about MP hunts. I am talking about 2 people hunting SP but working as a team to get the best animals.

With Marc's comp, Kevin & I werent able to link up MP partialy because of time difference but also we agreed that linking up & driving an area violated the spirit of the hunt. It was precisely because I didn't want to let him down that forced me to hunt as hard as I did.
That is my preference all the way. With different time zones etc, I think this type of Team Comp is best. Just my opinion tho'. However it turns out, I'll certainly participate as a competitor or as a sponsor.
RidgeBack69 wrote:
BCKidd wrote:A lot of work I think. But, if it comes to fruition- and I can find myself a partner after disappointing two others partners in the past, I might get into something like this. Maybe you should have it Country vs Country type thing. This way each country has their own time, no need to be worrying about time frames- per'se. I can't offer much more then that, since I don't do MP- was never an advocate of that. If it is MP I would sponsor a few EM$ for sure, but likely wouldn't participate. Looks like it would and could be fun. 8-) ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
I would still partner with you man. you didn't disappoint me at all.
:lol: :lol: Thanks RB. 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.

Return to “Competitions”