ONCE upon a time in Readfeather Falls

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
ForstHeld
Outfitter

Re: ONCE upon a time in Readfeather Falls

Post by ForstHeld »

Still my biggest blacktail didnt count but i submitted the hunt with the second biggest blacktail maybe someone can have a look into it if there is time. Thanks.
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

SS, are we allowed to go over to the next day (When game resets at 19:00)? I would assume no, as it really wouldn't be "In one hunt" then

SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

What a day, I had nothing planned so I buy some snacks, make a pot of coffee & get all settled to have a full day of hunting. About an hour into my 1st hunt & my power goes out for 4hrs... Sheesh..

Hey Kev, no sir. One day hunts.

Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

Nice comp so far SoftShoe! Really enjoying it. Tough getting so many good animals in one hunt ;)

Edit: 2 Hunts so far, about to start another.
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

Seifer wrote:Nice comp so far SoftShoe! Really enjoying it. Tough getting so many good animals in one hunt ;)

Edit: 2 Hunts so far, about to start another.
Yup! it's really fun! but also challenging for me, as i can't alt-tab :lol: I always play mp games as i can sit in a treestand and read other stuff on the internett, while having the game running. So always having to be in the game is kinda hard for me :P

Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Same for me sort of SS! Was in a hunt on WRR for BC's segment and I go to collect a bison, it start to calculate and whammo! lost connection.... it spins a while and comes back but spinning circle on calculating the score.....spinning..... so I hit the button to continue hunting. screen comes back, bison dematerialized and I go on to hunt. couple minutes later disconnect again so I quit. Go to my hunt stats and bison didn't count, hunt time was 59min 47secs - decided to forget hunting for the afternoon. I get this on Saturdays sometimes but always blamed it on heavy server loading.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

SoftShoe wrote:What a day, I had nothing planned so I buy some snacks, make a pot of coffee & get all settled to have a full day of hunting. About an hour into my 1st hunt & my power goes out for 4hrs... Sheesh..
Aw man, I feel your pain SoftShoe, my area is prone to outages. My hopes go out to you for no more interruptions. I'm digging this comp. It's very challenging even just coming up with a decent strategy, and the short comp duration certainly adds to the sense of pressure. Very fun stuff!

Edit:
Radamus wrote:Same for me sort of SS! Was in a hunt on WRR for BC's segment and I go to collect a bison, it start to calculate and whammo! lost connection.... it spins a while and comes back but spinning circle on calculating the score.....spinning..... so I hit the button to continue hunting. screen comes back, bison dematerialized and I go on to hunt. couple minutes later disconnect again so I quit. Go to my hunt stats and bison didn't count, hunt time was 59min 47secs - decided to forget hunting for the afternoon. I get this on Saturdays sometimes but always blamed it on heavy server loading.
Aw! And yours too Radamus, that sucks.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

OK, I think everything is fixed up. Thanks David for jumping on it while I was out.
I fixed a couple more little things this morning. (comparing scores to previous scores on leaderboard wasn't needed, and the heaviest bear bonus).

Please note that if you are hunting specifically for a bonus, the bonuses were added after the comp was designed.
The comp was designed to be a "highest scoring" comp, so it will look for the highest scores in your submission.
If you're shooting all non-scoring (female) animals, it will choose the last one.
If your heaviest bear is not the highest scoring bear, it will choose the high score.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

kevin2106 wrote: I always play mp games as i can sit in a treestand and read other stuff on the internett,
I do the same thing & cant with this hunt. For me, I have to hunt harder than I am used to so I am spending more time focused on the game then I am used to.

Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

Can't find a decent Moose to save my life :( Keep running into these:
Best moose so far has been a 152 on my 1st hunt. On my 4th now.
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉

Return to “Competitions”