ONCE upon a time in Readfeather Falls

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Re: ONCE upon a time in Readfeather Falls

Post by SoftShoe »

xOEDragonx wrote:a comp built on the idea of only needing one decent hunt is quite appealing to me.
This was exactly my idea for this comp. Typically when I hunt I focus on 1 or 2 species & I will hunt them hard. The notion of seeing what the best of the community could pull off going after all of them on a single reserve sounded interesting.
DYEUZ wrote: Are we going to see a list of the official winners ?
Yeah yeah, dont get your knickers in a twist ;) :lol: Im currently getting everyone paid & must make a suitable bombastic post to wrap this up. Regrettably my employer actually expects me to get some work done while at work so progress is slow.

DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

SoftShoe wrote:Regrettably my employer actually expects me to get some work done while at work so progress is slow.
ok, well , back to work slave !! :lol:

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

SoftShoe wrote:Regrettably my employer actually expects me to get some work done while at work so progress is slow.
Sounds like you're working for the wrong company. Fixing that should be your main priority so there's more time for hosting competitions ;)
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Oh I am... 6 more years... Baring plague, pestilence, alien invasion, zombie apocalypse or most importantly market collapse in 6yrs I am hanging up my spurs.

stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

SoftShoe wrote:Oh I am... 6 more years... Baring plague, pestilence, alien invasion, zombie apocalypse or most importantly market collapse in 6yrs I am hanging up my spurs.
Just don't do like Walt and sit on them too often. He gets a sharp stab in the brain every time. :P
Last edited by stancomputerhunter on March 19th, 2018, 1:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

ONCE upon a time in Redfeather Falls has come to a close.

Taking 1st place with a combined score of 478.677 is Szasza89[. A gift code in the amount of 3000 em$ has been sent to you via in game IM.
Taking 2nd place with a combined score of 474.131 is _0_. A gift code in the amount of 2000 em$ has been sent to you via in game IM.
Taking 3rd place with a combined score of 463.283 is ForstHeld. A gift code in the amount of 1000 em$ has been sent to you via in game IM.
Bonus prize for taking the heaviest bear & as it turned out the best scoring bear of the comp weighing 608.8 lbs is grancazador. A gift code in the amount of 1000 em$ has been send to you via in game IM.
Bonus prize for longest cumulative heart shot equaling 553.18m goes to DYEUZ. A gift code for 3000 em$ has been sent to you.

Congratulations to all our winners!!!

The impitus for creating this comp was wondering how well our best hunters could do on an average hunt. So often we see these fantastic animals taken during a comp & dont really stop to think how much time & effort (with a healthy helping of luck) goes into taking a single trophy animal. Instead I wanted to see what the results of a more realistic hunt would be. One where the hunter could not devote unlimited time to taking a single animal but must instead budget his time to take several good animals instead of one great one.

I gotta say the results didnt turn out as I expected. My guess was each person would end up with one really good animal & several mediocre. As it turned out our top 3 hunters didnt turn out a single top animal. Instead what they did was manage to harvest all very good animals. They should be congratulated & chickens sacrificed to the RNG gods for those spawns. :lol: :lol: :lol:

This was my 1st ever comp so I am at fault for any miscommunications or ambiguities that arose during it. My apologies for that but I have learned a great deal & can promise that my next comp will be MUCH tighter!

It is my hope that you found this to be an interesting & challenging comp but most of all that you had fun! Thank you for the kind words about it but most of all thank you to Tod & David! All I had was an idea & a few extra bucks, UHC made it happen happen!

walt133
Hunter

Post by walt133 »

stancomputerhunter wrote:Just don't do like Walt and sit on them too often. He gets a sharp stab in the brain every time.
Well yah know Stan, I can't really disagree with you there. Everytime I lean back and take a sit on them my math goes to pot! :lol:
LatinJoker69
Hunter

Post by LatinJoker69 »

Congrats to all the winners... ;)
sebusmalinowski
Tracker

Post by sebusmalinowski »

Hey. Thank you SoftShoe for the competition. Congratulations to the winners. The happiness this weekend left me, but I hope that in your next yours competition I will show myself from the better side. :P Regards.
ForstHeld
Outfitter

Post by ForstHeld »

I want to thank all people involved in this comp to make this possible and i am thrilled to be in the prices. After 5 months away from the game i now know again why i have 5700 hours on my gameclock. Because tH and the comunnity is simply the best.

Return to “Competitions”