Weekend Challenge (UHC Competition)

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Re: Weekend Challenge (UHC Competition)

Post by INTIMID883R »

Thank You Tod1d for getting my hunt back on the leader board. Just wondering if I can finish my other 3 hunts, and have the ability to post a hunt should I need to?

I just know there is a 279 that weighs 1199kg just waiting for me to hit it at 90 M
Spoiler:
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

INTIMID883R wrote:Thank You Tod1d for getting my hunt back on the leader board. Just wondering if I can finish my other 3 hunts, and have the ability to post a hunt should I need to?

I just know there is a 279 that weighs 1199kg just waiting for me to hit it at 90 M
No there is not! There may be a 270.199 :lol: :lol:
Spoiler:
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

:lol: I actually have no Idea what top score or weight is, those are just the top numbers that I have spotted. It is all in fun, but I would like to know if I can finish my attempts. :twisted:
Spoiler:
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

amramco1964 wrote:Lets Ridgeback69 stays in the first place and I my trophy (271,229) will have in my trophyroom :D
Sorry for you man. That tracking time is a killer.
Spoiler:
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

Just for the record, not making any judgements, there is no "grey zone" here. The proper word to describe this partiluar situation is "misunderstanding". To say it's a grey zone is to imply that the host didn't supply enough information, and Pittie did supply all the necessary information about registration, 100%. There is no "rule by ommission" here, meaning if there is no limit or rule set in place in the RoE against something, one should then assume that it's a legal act rather than an illegal act.

But I just had my first attempt and what an eye opener! Nothing like a good comp to take a skill-increasing crash course in new animals/AI and a new reserve. This is my first experience with an animal jumping the string, what a twist, especially in trying for the bonus prize! I think the two hour time limit is a great factor seeing as how these water buffalo can take such a long time to die without a well placed shot. I just spent over an hour slowly following one I body shot, just hoping and waiting for him to expire. Too bad my WB skills are so bad that I don't yet get score info until I harvest 'em! He ended up dying with about ten minutes left on my clock and scoring a "puny" 194. Looked massive to me! I find the arrow limit to be a nifty but brutal factor too, and I love it lol.
RidgeBack69 wrote:This Comp should have been nothing but fun with a few twist thrown in.
I thought the R.O.E was pretty much strait forward.. But I did have a couple of questions that I asked before the comp started and thy were answered.
Because some of the R.O.E was new to the UHC system it stands to reason that there would be a few hiccups and Tod1d handled them as always.
Tony has been squared away problem solved.
As for having to preregister community comps I ask that you PM me a link to a recent Community Comp thread that states a preregistration is required and I will and I will gladly admit I was wrong.
Same. The only thing that was confusing to me was the bonus prize, but that was sorted out nicely and even more generously. I wish people would understand that this is new to all of us and UHC Apps is still very much in its infancy, there's always going to be a certain level of misunderstanding and mistakes with each and every new comp format that hosts come up with. As the system matures, more and more formats will have been tested, tried and true and I applaude the diligence by the hosts and UHC staff in keeping such a keen eye on things and sorting issues out. I understand that some players are a bit more competitive than others, but in the end I think everyone can agree that they're meant to have fun. Good luck all, happy hunting!
amramco1964
Tracker

Post by amramco1964 »

RidgeBack69 wrote:
amramco1964 wrote:Lets Ridgeback69 stays in the first place and I my trophy (271,229) will have in my trophyroom :D
Some suggestions for others competitions, if there is must to be time limit...
Time must be measured by "Huntermate", but not "real hours". Why? 1 hour game time=0,5 real time. Isn't? I started at 8.00 and finished ~ 11.30 by Huntermate. So I spent less than 2h. But hunt duration was 2h 8 m. Yes, I did some pauses during my hunt and when I finished the hunt, my real clock showed, that I spent at the computer 2h 25m. What do you think about my proposal?
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

amramco1964 wrote:
RidgeBack69 wrote:
Some suggestions for others competitions, if there is must to be time limit...
Time must be measured by "Huntermate", but not "real hours". Why? 1 hour game time=0,5 real time. Isn't? I started at 8.00 and finished ~ 11.30 by Huntermate. So I spent less than 2h. But hunt duration was 2h 8 m. Yes, I did some pauses during my hunt and when I finished the hunt, my real clock showed, that I spent at the computer 2h 25m. What do you think about my proposal?
I prefer comps measured buy game time (huntermate) rather than real time. And yes I think future comps should all be measured by game time. But that is not my choice to make as every host can set the constraints they want.
Spoiler:
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

I've always specified real time when applying time restrictions to competitions that I've hosted. For the simple reason that the data UHC gets is in real time, as is the hunt duration when looking at a hunt on theHunter website. That's not to say a host can't specify in-game times. I just prefer real time.

Also, don't forget, if you're hunting in single player and pause the game, you can quickly lose track of time since the hunter mate clock stops.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Good points because there is only one time that matches and that's in a MP game- I can hunt for 15 minutes, go to inventory for example, wake up tomorrow morning and it's however many hours long that I slept- This is why Pittie stated -"use an offline clock to time yourself" and don't go by the HM- every time you chk the map, go to inventory, trophy shots maybe? whatever it stops the HM clock but not the competition clock. In 2 hours, you could easily eat up a few minutes that doesn't show on the HM -

And J-Bird, I agree with your statement, there are no gray areas here because if there were, I'd probably already be DQ because the finer details are not always my strong suit- ;)
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

caledonianblues wrote:I've always specified real time when applying time restrictions to competitions that I've hosted. For the simple reason that the data UHC gets is in real time, as is the hunt duration when looking at a hunt on theHunter website. That's not to say a host can't specify in-game times. I just prefer real time.

Also, don't forget, if you're hunting in single player and pause the game, you can quickly lose track of time since the hunter mate clock stops.
Come to think of it . I use the huntermate time more for hunts with a minimum time limit not a maximum. I really don't remember any comp that used game time.
Spoiler:

Return to “Competitions”