2nd Annual Spring Trophy Hunt

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
vortex1957
Tracker

Re: 2nd Annual Spring Trophy Hunt

Post by vortex1957 »

Just entered. Should be fun and interesting. Oh, and probably frustrating :lol:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

vortex1957 wrote:Just entered. Should be fun and interesting. Oh, and probably frustrating :lol:
:lol: :lol: You can almost bet on that. Glad you registered! 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

WHAT! Only 18 participants so far. C'mon folks we can do better than that...can't we. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Will be passing on this one BC. 13 animals to harvest is a bit too much for me , for this time .
Marc's comp , the team one, was also demanding , so will relax a little and breath .
Maybe next one , if it suits me . ;)

Good luck to you and good luck to all participants .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Yeah, I get it. No prblm. See you in the next one maybe... ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Good to see a few more names have registered. With all the comps goin' on it sure gets hectic... we can all breath for a few days now, 'til Friday leastwise... ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
Grizdude
Trophy Hunter

Post by Grizdude »

I'm getting in on this one, Kidd! I thank ya kindly for hosting this one... looks like a time consuming one for sure, which is just what I like! Good luck to all!
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

DYEUZ wrote:13 animals to harvest is a bit too much for me , for this time .
Marc's comp , the team one, was also demanding , so will relax a little and breath .
I feel ya! Marcs comp was a grind at the end trying to get a decent damned Roe LOL I hemmed & hawed about entering this one because with 13 animals its going to be a real grind as well. In the end I decided all I was going to do was hunt hard enough to beat YOU! Since you bowed out it would seem I won. :lol:

I think with competing in these comps the key is moderation. Set aside however much time you are comfortable with & hunt with it. With the random nature of the spawn you could spend every waking hour in the field & someone else can beat your best score after 30min hunting. Sure more time hunting increases your odds but dont turn the hunt into work. Instead have fun with it.

Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

SoftShoe wrote:
DYEUZ wrote:13 animals to harvest is a bit too much for me , for this time .
I feel ya! Marcs comp was a grind at the end trying to get a decent damned Roe LOL I hemmed & hawed about entering this one because with 13 animals its going to be a real grind as well. In the end I decided all I was going to do was hunt hard enough to beat YOU! Since you bowed out it would seem I won. :lol:

I think with competing in these comps the key is moderation. Set aside however much time you are comfortable with & hunt with it. With the random nature of the spawn you could spend every waking hour in the field & someone else can beat your best score after 30min hunting. Sure more time hunting increases your odds but dont turn the hunt into work. Instead have fun with it.
The secret to comps is simple- being able to recognize a good spawn and putting in quality time, and not ******* up the extremely small opportunities you will have for greatness. The other method is, put in more hours- and there's some cats here you just won't be able to outhunt - at least not until you retire :lol:

Lastly, who's running the backroom gambling pool? I'd like to see the odds on the Deadly French-Canadian vs Softshoe from down on Ole Rocky Top :lol:
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

You know what I'd like to see, is UHC puttin' on a comp for hosts only. Those that have hosted comps, in the past or present. Each host should have to follow their ROE of comps they have hosted. So for me for example all "harvests" would have to be "equal to shots fired", etc. I thought about doing one, but really couldn't figure out how to put it all together- with so many different R.O.E's etc, but I'm sure someone with great genius could certainly come up with a comp like that. I'd say each host puts in 500EM$ in the low scale for this "Host against Host" comp, the winner gets it all. :lol: :lol: ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!

Return to “Competitions”