2nd Annual Spring Trophy Hunt

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
VonStratos
Outfitter

Re: 2nd Annual Spring Trophy Hunt

Post by VonStratos »

Man that moose is impressive, maybe cant count for the comp, but at least you will be always able to show it in your trophy lodge. :evil:

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Grizdude
Trophy Hunter

Post by Grizdude »

VonStratos wrote:Man that moose is impressive, maybe cant count for the comp, but at least you will be always able to show it in your trophy lodge. :evil:
yea... at least that's one good thing that came out of it! ;) Ya never know... I could get lucky and get one close to that. Thanks for responding!
Grizdude
Trophy Hunter

Post by Grizdude »

What a friggin' nightmare trying to hunt WRR! I've been getting crashes after about an hour and a half into a game and
there's no specific pattern to why they are happening. I thought a couple was from Dall sheep calling and then registering it on the HM
which caused a crash once, but then shooting a Dall Sheep that score guessed 200+ cause a crash too... that one hurt. I managed to get
some good animals for this comp., but was walking on pins and needles waiting for an hour real time to go by, which once it did I was afraid
to shoot anything else, thinking it might crash the game! Damn glad I'm done with the WRR part of this competition, I'm hunting my Moose on the other maps! :? ;)
Grizdude
Trophy Hunter

Post by Grizdude »

I got screwed again by this buggy game. I shot one shot kills all through the game and my 2nd to the last female Black Bear didn't register.
I waited and waited and it just kept spinning so it did give me the option to take a trophy shot so I did. I hope this hunt can be used because it was legit.
Here's the hunt. https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/griz ... n/80531880
I can't believe my crappy luck and at the same time my good luck... oh well. :(
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I had the same problem on one hunt- spinning and spinning so I gave up- it was on a bison, it never registered as a harvest but my shots showed a miss- I didn't miss anything- fortunately I didn't lose anything of value, it was the point of what if I had- That is the only wacky thing I've had happen on WRR so sounds like I've been lucky. I made one hunt, got decent enough numbers and got the hell out of there. Just checked, 1hour 16m - actually the most productive single hunt I've had in a long time for decent scores.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Grizdude
Trophy Hunter

Post by Grizdude »

yea... it really is hard enough as it is finding good scoring animals and then you have to
worry about all the bugs in the game. I guess I'll just have to get out there and give it another go! :)
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

That really sucks Griz. Glad to read you ain't given up. Bad luck comes in 3's they say, I think you are now due some good luck. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

Grizdude wrote:I did Bro! Thanks for the sympathy guys! I've been struggling to get heart shots lately.... never had this much trouble before. Oh well... maybe I'll get lucky and find a bigger one.
I'm not using the .45-70 anymore, just to be safe. I'm going with the .340 mag! :)
Griz, my man, is not the rifle! You should know by now, while the animal is not standing on a horizontal surface (give or take few degrees), the "organs" are overlapping in a total chaotic way. Don't be surprised if you aimed and seen the bullet hitting lungs/heart area and you found out that you hit the guts, your moose was laid down and "bent" into sleeping position. Probably to hit the heart you would have to aim between the eyes! ;)
Spoiler:

Grizdude
Trophy Hunter

Post by Grizdude »

JackRbbt wrote:
Grizdude wrote:I did Bro! Thanks for the sympathy guys! I've been struggling to get heart shots lately.... never had this much trouble before. Oh well... maybe I'll get lucky and find a bigger one.
I'm not using the .45-70 anymore, just to be safe. I'm going with the .340 mag! :)
Griz, my man, is not the rifle! You should know by now, while the animal is not standing on a horizontal surface (give or take few degrees), the "organs" are overlapping in a total chaotic way. Don't be surprised if you aimed and seen the bullet hitting lungs/heart area and you found out that you hit the guts, your moose was laid down and "bent" into sleeping position. Probably to hit the heart you would have to aim between the eyes! ;)
Thanks guys for the replies! Well, Mr. JR, I agree with you 100%, but in this case, it was a
game glitch no doubt. I didn't flinch when I shot directly at the heart while he was walking
straight at me and through the scope, I saw the shot decal hit his back right leg. He was 20m away when I shot. ;)
sebusmalinowski
Tracker

Post by sebusmalinowski »

3 hours to the end. Me and HunterVK we are looking for Mulle deer. Who will win? As always, emotions to the end, I love these contests. Thanks You BCKidd. Regards.

Return to “Competitions”