2nd Annual Spring Trophy Hunt

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: 2nd Annual Spring Trophy Hunt

Post by caledonianblues »

sebusmalinowski wrote:I warmly welcome. Is there any list of results what normalized is our score? Is this all about the records in the game for the day?
In this competition, I believe the scores are normalized based on the theoretical maximum possible scores for those species. Unlike other competitions, where the normalization is based on the maximum score for each species in the competition.
LEFLOR
Scout

Post by LEFLOR »

All is OK, now work for me too.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

kevin2106 wrote:Q: Why is the time limit for hunts that don't count only 30 seconds? It takes you 30 seconds just to get in the game... the hunt time starts recording the second you press the start game button. I just had a game where i got in, got to walk 20 meters untill it started raining, which i can't stand, so i just ended the hunt. Huntermate said 12:01 (I started 12). Which means about 30 seconds in the game, but the last hunt page says it lasted for 3 mins

So now i have to wait 30 mins to enter VDB again right?
Hunts less than 30 seconds (disconnects, can't connect to server) won't count toward this rule. If you hunt less than 30 mins, you would have to wait to hunt same reserve again. .30 seconds is obviously a disconnect. SO, you wouldn't be required to wait for the 30 min cool down. As for the rain, nothin' anyone can do about that, and if you don't like the rain and exit reserve in under 30 mins, yeah you'll need to wait for cool down period to hunt that same reserve. Because no one can decipher it as spawn mashing or not. This doesn't stop anyone from moving onto another reserve. Hope that helps. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

Thanks for the reply BC

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

kevin2106 wrote:Thanks for the reply BC
:D Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

While this probably won't matter in the long run, I came across a curiosity question just now. SoftShoe's competition will be starting shortly, it's 48 hour run-time coincides with this competition, and the five species needed for that comp all happen to be on the list of species needed for this comp. If one were to participate in SoftShoe's comp and enter an expedition into UHC for it, would that expedition/the animal's in that expedition still be eligible to enter into this comp as well (assuming the hunt time length and 1 shot 1 kill rules are satisfied)? I don't think there's any issues with that in official comps, but I wanted to make sure this wouldn't be frowned upon before I (and surely many others) go out for his comp this weekend and end up double-dipping with any trophy sized animals.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

xOEDragonx wrote:While this probably won't matter in the long run, I came across a curiosity question just now. SoftShoe's competition will be starting shortly, it's 48 hour run-time coincides with this competition, and the five species needed for that comp all happen to be on the list of species needed for this comp. If one were to participate in SoftShoe's comp and enter an expedition into UHC for it, would that expedition/the animal's in that expedition still be eligible to enter into this comp as well (assuming the hunt time length and 1 shot 1 kill rules are satisfied)? I don't think there's any issues with that in official comps, but I wanted to make sure this wouldn't be frowned upon before I (and surely many others) go out for his comp this weekend and end up double-dipping with any trophy sized animals.
Of course you can. I see no issue with that as long as the ROE for this comp is also followed. I'm going to do Softshoes comp that way. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

BCKidd wrote: Of course you can. I see no issue with that as long as the ROE for this comp is also followed. I'm going to do Softshoes comp that way. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
Sounds good, and thanks for the prompt reply! Now I'll just have to make sure I don't take any risky shots :D
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

xOEDragonx wrote:
BCKidd wrote: Of course you can. I see no issue with that as long as the ROE for this comp is also followed. I'm going to do Softshoes comp that way. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
Sounds good, and thanks for the prompt reply! Now I'll just have to make sure I don't take any risky shots :D
Yea that BCK and his one shot one kill rule. but don't worry Payback is coming! ;) ;)
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

RidgeBack69 wrote:
xOEDragonx wrote:

BCKidd.
Yea that BCK and his one shot one kill rule. but don't worry Payback is coming! ;) ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol: Bring it, RB! :lol: 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!

Return to “Competitions”