2nd Annual Spring Trophy Hunt

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Radamus
Master Hunter

Re: 2nd Annual Spring Trophy Hunt

Post by Radamus »

OldSnake wrote:https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/olds ... n/80348882

I have the problem that I only want to enter the moose, but I can not delete the sitka.

What can I do
There's the problem, you can't- it will load all the animals in that hunt available for the comp. So, if you don't like the sitka- and think you can re-do the moose don't add it.
On WRR, like I did the sitka/polar bear and bison- I was almost done, but had a moose spot really nice, knowing I still had one more shot them I went ahead and shot the moose- it was on the bottom of the spot but it's ok because I liked the other 3 scores enough to be good with them. If it's a really low score on something like the sitka you can only post one time, you're better off tossing the whole hunt.

edit- I looked at that sheet- if it were me, I'd not submit it- you can do better on the sitka. I wouldn't submit anything less than a 100+ myself. My best is 110 I think? I got that 107 and said good enough.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
OldSnake
Spotter

Post by OldSnake »

thy radamus
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Radamus wrote:
BCKidd wrote:
Radamus wrote:so, I go to the arctic, I kill bison but not what I want but get good moose and submit, I have that one and only shot for my bison score is what I'm getting. Nope, I didn't have that part down ;)
Not a big deal in my case, all of them have another go to improve.
No way! You've made it to 1st place. Come on folks we can't let Rad get away with that... :P ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
Could've been better man- Yesterday morning I did a hunt, nail a 213 moose, then I'm in a TS working a sitka, bison come up, I shoot him, he runs off- my gun is on auto-reload - I swing in TS to watch where he goes through the scope, bump the mouse into the keyboard and blow a round into the dirt - Want to know what I said at that point BC? Give you a hint, it had your name in it :D ... so rage quit- had to get ready for church .... I did not ask for your forgiveness my friend :P
Later on I did the hunt I posted, I needed more than a 30min cool-down - So I got those decent scores on the WRR boys and a slightly better moose knowing I still have 1 more shot for a big one and said "take this and get the fk out of here" .. since I'd already had 2 crashes there. I also had a wouldn't start on TGT a couple times but looks like only one registered. It's kind of unstable on weekends for me when the sunny side of the earth is awake and playing.
So my tip is this- use a single shot gun if possible, turn off auto-reload and if it has a clip, when you hit the key to load, right click and it will only add 1 round. Then you have to actually chamber it- This will foolproof your ability to fire by accident- only I can't make it only put 1 round in the 30R for example, so I put it back, won't use it.
Remind me not to hunt with you, Rad. Blowin' off unnecessary rounds could get me shot... :lol: :lol: I can only imagine what you said. :lol: :lol: 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

BCKidd wrote:Remind me not to hunt with you, Rad. Blowin' off unnecessary rounds could get me shot... BCKidd.
You don't do MP remember? Besides, even if I wanted to I can't shoot you in-game - But mark my words, you will be in a MP hunt at some point, you will. And I'll tell you man, you're missing out by putting it off. I don't do it as much as I would love to because I can have connection issues depending on where people are but I'm sure you and I would be just fine. I can hunt with BIg D and Jimbo and Stan and xEODragon and even David just fine-

SO going out on a limb and posting has it's disadvantages, you're on a pedestal and we all see what we need to beat. The advantage is, I'm always the guy seeing what I need to beat and failing. The one HUGE advantage to this one is, NO GOATS- those have screwed me the last few comps they were in so I'm sworn off of them- it's like beating your brains out and facilitates a monotonous routine of 1-2 hours mashing, running the same path spotting looking for one specific thing, rinse and repeat. I don't like how they spawn a 1 in 6 variation with a 1 in 20 (pick a number) possible upper range. I don't find them exciting, interesting or challenging in the sense of how my skills are challenged, it's all you against the RNG but feels extremely different than all other animals- The disparity to me is, there's only one type of goat that scores high so why all the others? I think they need to be reworked where each of the styles have an equivalent high score- but I digress-

In your comp, it's diverse and requires extreme discipline, and many deal breakers for the challenger to fall into- But, we sign up for your abuse of our own free will :D
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
Spoiler:
walt133
Hunter

Post by walt133 »

Radamus wrote:and if it has a clip,
Magazine Rad Magazine! You as a shooter in real life surely ought to know the correct terminology! :D :lol: I said clip in front of a CCW teacher one time, and that was the last time. :lol: He straightened me out in a hurry, about how you don't use slang when talking about guns lol.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

walt133 wrote:
Radamus wrote:and if it has a clip,
Magazine Rad Magazine! You as a shooter in real life surely ought to know the correct terminology! :D :lol: I said clip in front of a CCW teacher one time, and that was the last time. :lol: He straightened me out in a hurry, about how you don't use slang when talking about guns lol.
Yes sir you weapons terminology snob! a MAG! "Clips" originate from WWII - "stripper clips" it's a generational thing- for instance, I take this .45 that sits beside my computer here in the shop, push a button, a loaded mag falls out - I wonder, are you going to correct me at that point???? :P methinks no~ you know what I'm saying ;) ....
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Radamus wrote:
BCKidd wrote:Remind me not to hunt with you, Rad. Blowin' off unnecessary rounds could get me shot... BCKidd.
You don't do MP remember? But mark my words, you will be in a MP hunt at some point, you will.:D
Quite possibly... ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Keep it real!
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

:shock: 81 participants with only 34 on the leader-board :? . Can't we do better than that! :P :P Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

Workin on makin the leaderboard but with these rules I don't wanna submit just anything ;) I can hit it hard this weekend when I have more time 8-)
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉

Return to “Competitions”