Spawn mashing solutions

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Re: Spawn mashing solutions

Post by RidgeBack69 »

The first half stayed on topic for the most part. Then as always happens it turned into a chest puffing contest and all it took was one post that really offered nothing to this thread other than trying to stop the discussion.

I still feel there is more than one solution that will have minimal effect on any one that enters the Community Competitions. And all of which will have ZERO effect on game mechanics.
SO LETS GET BACK ON TOPIC
As I said in my first post and still say now define Spawn mashing and enforce the rule with no gray area.
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

FR_Bugs wrote:Why not add a "checkbox" when registering that confirms that the player understood the rules and that he undertakes to respect them ?
This eliminates any ambiguity and further discussion.
Simple and sensible. I like this idea too. Don't know how I read past it. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

I know there are videos out there that folks have made that show what spawnmashing looks like in a hunters history. It would be awesome if someone who has made such a video could post it here. This will define what spawnmashing looks like. I know most of us know what it is, but visual aids always work nicely. ;)

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

BCKidd wrote:
FR_Bugs wrote:Why not add a "checkbox" when registering that confirms that the player understood the rules and that he undertakes to respect them ?
Simple and sensible. I like this idea too. Don't know how I read past it. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
I had commented on this one already. But yes a very good idea. It will absolutly remove the "I didn't understand" excuse.
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

RidgeBack69 wrote:
BCKidd wrote:

BCKidd.
I had commented on this one already. But yes a very good idea. I will absolutly remove the "I didn't understand" excuse.

Exactly. That would be one nail in the board as we build up the Spawnmashing wall. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

For starters , a picture of Spawnmasher's hunt stats , looks like that : I think we all agree on what it looks like .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Ignorance of a rule is never an excuse IMO. Its a reason, not an excuse. If you are going to engage in a comp the onus to read & understand the rules is ON YOU! If you cant be bothered to do at least that much you really dont have any excuse.

I know there are those that will give the language barrier excuse. Google translate hiccuped, what have you. Once again the onus is on the participant not the organizer to make sure you understand the rules.
Failure to follow the rules & you are DQed. Its just that easy. Its all to easy to say "Oh I didnt know" after the fact.

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Thanks DYEUZ, now folks can all see what it is competition hosts- or at least me, will be looking for when I (we) host competitions. So beware... ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Not to take this convo to far afield but I really dont know what kind of exploits there are for this game & have nothing more then an academic interest in them. What about when you see a large number of animals being taken in a relatively short period of time?

RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

SoftShoe wrote:Not to take this convo to far afield but I really dont know what kind of exploits there are for this game & have nothing more then an academic interest in them. What about when you see a large number of animals being taken in a relatively short period of time?
That could be any number of things Depending on the animal,location, or the weapon used. It could also be exploiting the render distance. but none of this pertains to this thread.
Spoiler:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

SoftShoe wrote:Not to take this convo to far afield but I really dont know what kind of exploits there are for this game & have nothing more then an academic interest in them. What about when you see a large number of animals being taken in a relatively short period of time?

Like its been said before , this would not be considered SM.
It would be either : one that plays in low settings , helping them see better/ see the animals further away , which is the advantage .
It would be using a hacking system of some sort .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Return to “Competitions”