Spawn mashing solutions

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Re: Spawn mashing solutions

Post by ronMctube »

kinda nailed david. birdman still misses the point.no i dont want tents or fast travelling removed.spawn mashing is caused by tents and fast travelling.it was just pointing out a way to basically remove spawn mashing not that i wanted it to happen . my english is not the best.maybe that isnt understood yet some have.cheers.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I could get behind a change to the rule of FT where it's a 30min wait from the original spawn. That would not be a dramatic change - I thought about Jim's idea of FT to a tent and a scatter function and I don't like that because it would really mess up my flow- I have a couple places that would be ok because there's a high probability of getting killed - apparently I'm in the middle of a spawn spot by accident. I've never tried to dissect this game to the degree I know where all the spots are, I still want some mystery even though over time we all develop some known characteristic knowledge that are pretty much a given.
But changing just this one little thing, yes, it messes up mashing strategy - GREAT! isn't that what we're discussing?

digression segment

As to David's point of the folks who make our days brighter with The Hunter - These are gamer people pretty much through and through and why I've always enjoyed the intros of the new faces that keep this rickety old technology running. When I try to put myself in their situation, I have to believe they understand, what it's meant to them with the games they've played and devoted themselves to, so I have to have faith that they understand, they have the responsibility of a legend in the making having a special 10 year anniversary that when you think about it, means a whole lot to a lot of people and the fact there's people still here after all that time that's it's special and it means something unique. through it all, I think they have done a great job and I hope they all feel like it was worth it and they were appreciated. Conversely, the turnover rate blows my mind but must be a industry thing. These folks change hats at an alarming rate- I put some of that on the fact they are mostly young and making their way through building their careers, experience and resume to improve their lives as all of us do and or have done.

I think EW has shown, if you build it, they will come. The fact that it's still here, running and evolving is a testament to hitting a magic balance that works. I would still like to hear officially from time to time a little chest pounding and bragging to show us life is good and going in the right direction. When we don't have that we can only assume clouds are gathering but I hope they are always able to weather passing storms and look to the sunny skies just beyond.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

JimboCrow wrote: starting a hunt at a tent, or arriving via FT, should be like firing a weapon.

Jimbo nailed it here. This alone would make SM no longer practicable. Whenever you spawn somewhere on a map either by starting a game or FT is should automatically spook a 150m radius. I know that would inconvenience allot of us but those of that dont SM would just have to alter our hunt slightly whereas the SMers would be SOL.

DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

SoftShoe wrote:
JimboCrow wrote: starting a hunt at a tent, or arriving via FT, should be like firing a weapon.

Jimbo nailed it here. This alone would make SM no longer practicable. Whenever you spawn somewhere on a map either by starting a game or FT is should automatically spook a 150m radius. I know that would inconvenience allot of us but those of that dont SM would just have to alter our hunt slightly whereas the SMers would be SOL.
... So , the few times that i got lucky, and saw / heard a nice animal , when i FT to a tent , during a hunt , you want to remove that from me !!? :?

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

this thread has been side tracked to changing game mechanics. That is exactly what Ron was worried about. This thread was not created to get EW to change anything it was created to for Community Competition's.

I know Ron's intent was not to bring this into that direction but more to make sure it didn't go into it but it seems it had the opposite effect.
Spoiler:
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

DYEUZ wrote: ... So , the few times that i got lucky, and saw / heard a nice animal , when i FT to a tent , during a hunt , you want to remove that from me !!? :?
No I don't, I am in the same boat. There have been a number of times I have gotten into some nice animals because I FT to a tent. The thing is, if we want to eliminate SM there is no solution that will not impact everyone else. We can talk in circles until we are blue in the face but that is the sad truth.

IMO there is no solution & all we can do is as we are already doing. Keep a watchful eye for likely SM behavior & DQ offenders. They get DQed enough & maybe just maybe they will actually stop.

DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

SoftShoe wrote:No I don't, I am in the same boat. There have been a number of times I have gotten into some nice animals because I FT to a tent. The thing is, if we want to eliminate SM there is no solution that will not impact everyone else. We can talk in circles until we are blue in the face but that is the sad truth.
IMO there is no solution & all we can do is as we are already doing. Keep a watchful eye for likely SM behavior & DQ offenders. They get DQed enough & maybe just maybe they will actually stop.
I think there is . DQing a SM doesn't affect the others imo . Having a hard hand is my way of thinking and don't see how it could negatively affect the others . Au contraire , all under the DQ, will move one spot up :P
Most of the respected members , the well known good members , have said many times that they respect the host and play by the book . It is not difficult to have their eyes , added to the host / UHC staff, to help detect the SM and others suspicious behavior . So, i'm not even worried about that . There will always be someone to check these guys .
I am not there to TEACH them stuff, i'm there to make my rules be respected . If they want to still SM after they are DQed from a hosted comp , well its their problem . In the end ,
they will never win anything and they will be , hopefully , banned from other hosted comps as well .
Last edited by caledonianblues on March 4th, 2018, 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed inappropriate comparison

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I'm only here for the free beer and the drama :lol: :lol:
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
tbug
Outfitter

Post by tbug »

Radamus wrote:I'm only here for the free beer and the drama :lol: :lol:
Here ya go Len. Cheers!

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Folks, please let's keep this thread on topic and about brainstorming ideas for community competitions. Please let's also remember that spawn mashing is not a criminal offence, nor is it even against the rules of the game. So whilst it's considered by many (myself included) as unsportsmanlike behaviour in a competition, it's not technically cheating, and referring to people who spawn mash as cheaters is inaccurate and unfair.

The people who use hacks to freeze and teleport animals are cheating. People who spawn mash are taking advantage game mechanics in a way that suits them.

Return to “Competitions”