Spawn mashing solutions

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: Spawn mashing solutions

Post by Tod1d »

DYEUZ wrote:
SoftShoe wrote:Not to take this convo to far afield but I really dont know what kind of exploits there are for this game & have nothing more then an academic interest in them. What about when you see a large number of animals being taken in a relatively short period of time?

Like its been said before , this would not be considered SM.
It would be either : one that plays in low settings , helping them see better/ see the animals further away , which is the advantage .
It would be using a hacking system of some sort .
This could also be someone letting a bunch of animals lay, marking their location, and then harvesting them all at once.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Tod1d wrote:This could also be someone letting a bunch of animals lay, marking their location, and then harvesting them all at once.
Not sure who would want to do that in a comp and risk a crash / disconnect and lose all . But it could be someone doing that also .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Raptor02
Outfitter

Post by Raptor02 »

Let’s say the average person sleeps 8 hours a day. That leaves an average of 16 hours that they could be hunting in a competition. If they were not a spawn masher by most peoples standards of a 1 hour real time hunt. They couldn’t realistically have more than 16 hunts a day. So put a max daily hunt limit on any reserve with the target species at 16. If it’s exceeded, immediate DQ. No questions. Leaves room for disconnections and other bugs. Also gives opportunity to people who might lean towards a more spawn mashing hunt style. I think it seems fair to both sides and draws a distinct line, but that’s just my opinion.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

I wish to apologize to everyone here, and in particular to Fletchette, for my comments that were not in keeping with the spirit of the game, the community or the forums. My emotions got the better of me and I sincerely regret my outburst. This is a great community, as evidenced by the nature and goals of this thread, and I am truly remorseful for detracting from it in any way. Please forgive me.

Sorry Fletchette, I truly respect your opinions and your many contributions here, and it was unkind and disrespectful of me to treat you that way, especially just to satisfy my own selfish ego. Only the best to you sir.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

DYEUZ wrote:
Tod1d wrote:This could also be someone letting a bunch of animals lay, marking their location, and then harvesting them all at once.
Not sure who would want to do that in a comp and risk a crash / disconnect and lose all . But it could be someone doing that also .
fairly common practice.see many people leaving animals in piles then picking them up just before finishing their hunt.some people do it because they like to see how many they can get in same spot. or maybe for a nice trophy shot or picture in general.some do it because they dont want to scare animals in the location by getting out their treestand while bow hunting or in the tower.many legitimate reasons.

people still seem to not grasp that the more time you spend in game or the longer you hunt you will have a better chance of winning.some people in this game hunt all day ! i mean all day.in a whitetail comp they will get that 190+ every time.yet a spawn masher will only get that whitetail if it happens to spawn luckily in the short period of time where he or she visits realistically in say 10 hunts spawn mashing like that they wont on avg get a 190.the better probability is in time spent not spawn mashing for winning.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

ronMctube wrote: fairly common practice.see many people leaving animals in piles then picking them up just before finishing their hunt.some people do it because they like to see how many they can get in same spot. or maybe for a nice trophy shot or picture in general.some do it because they dont want to scare animals in the location by getting out their treestand while bow hunting or in the tower.many legitimate reasons.

people still seem to not grasp that the more time you spend in game or the longer you hunt you will have a better chance of winning.some people in this game hunt all day ! i mean all day.in a whitetail comp they will get that 190+ every time.yet a spawn masher will only get that whitetail if it happens to spawn luckily in the short period of time where he or she visits realistically in say 10 hunts spawn mashing like that they wont on avg get a 190.the better probability is in time spent not spawn mashing for winning.

In a comp ? Risky business i say . I know of this in regular games , but in comps ? Must like to gamble a fair bit then . :?

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

DYEUZ wrote:In a comp ? Risky business i say . I know of this in regular games , but in comp ? Must like danger . :?
I think it depends on how much you trust your internet connection and what scores are lying around. If I shot a few does or hens from the golden tree stand, I'd not bother and stay up there until a good buck comes along - don't want to risk spooking anything. After shooting that 420 albino elk though... I'd not wait a second, jump down the tree and run to harvest it. :P
Image Image Image
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

:arrow: Marc ... Yeah , i guess you are right . If you shoot that big animal first , then i'd be going down to claim him right away . Probably understandable if you get a Turkey or two before , to still wait and get them when you leave the place , lets say .

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

stancomputerhunter wrote:I like Ron's and David's posts. I'm a RAIN masher. I have never been a SM, because in more than 4 years, I can count on one hand the trophy animals that appeared where I spawned or fast traveled, quite by accident. And they never did again, at that spot.

I'm 71 years old and have been totally deaf in one ear since the age of 13 (stereo never did a thing for me), and as I get older the hearing in the other ear has deteriorated. A lot. So, in the reserves with mountains, and wind...where the animals have no sounds, or very few, I MUST hear the footsteps. In the high country of VDB and TGT and on WRR, EW drowns out the footsteps with rain, and wind. When I spawn in to the game, the first thing I look at is the sky. If it has blue sky and no dark clouds in sight, chances are it might rain, but not constantly. If it's raining or if there is any hint of it, like a big rainbow out there, and if it's in the mountains, I'm out of there. I used sit for up to a half hour at a time waiting for the rain to stop. No more. EW produces animal AI that requires hearing only to find, and then covers up the animals' sounds. If it was possible to track the animals in the high mountains, that would compensate. But we all know the Bighorn is impossible to track. Sooner or later they will matriculate to the high grass, so then it's 50-50 if you can find more than one track.

I'm interested in the 'time out"..to see if it makes any sense in practice.
It worked very well in my last community comp. It will now always be part of my ROE. So, there is your answer Stan. It worked! Participants who hunted for less than 30 mins, did not go back to the same reserve until their cool down period expired. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

I am posting here not to go off topic in the competition threads.
IMO using one rule for all comps don’t always work here are a couple of examples of what I mean.
In Tod1d’s “Masters of the EHR” There was no minimum time limit because the nature of the comp didn’t require it.

In BCK’s “Loose Moose V2” There is a 60 minute rule and a 30 minute rule that are also not required. Because no one is going to harvest 20 moose in less than an hour so spawn mashing has no advantage. So why have these rules at all in this instance. Along with the other rules in the R.O.E. the time limit rules serves just as a nuisance.

As to DYEUZ’s “Satan's Beast Competition” and the 60 minute minimum time limit. I guess it would depend on why he has this rule in place. If it is to prevent spawn mashing then IMO 30 minutes accomplishes the same thing but it is his comp. His rules so I really have no problem with it for this Comp. Yes I could kill 2 Bobcat in 20 minutes then have to sit around for 40 but I would rather not.

I am not as criticizing but just trying to make a point that not all rules work for all comps.
Spoiler:

Return to “Competitions”