Starts: Fri Feb 23rd 2018, 12:00 UTC
Ends: Mon Mar 5th 2018, 12:00 UTC
Rules and Conditions
Teams: This is a team competition. Teams consist of two players. The teams are free to decide how to split the different species and weapon categories between them - as long as the special requirements are met (see below).
Species: Bighorn Sheep, Canada Goose, Cottontail Rabbit, Feral Goat, Grizzly Bear, Moose, Red Fox, Roe Deer, Roosevelt Elk, Whitetail Deer (Typical)
- Category I - Classic rifles: 7.62x54R Bolt Action Rifle, .303 British Bolt Action Rifle, 8x57 IS K98k Bolt Action Rifle, .30-06 Bolt Action Rifle (not the Stutzen!)
- Category II - Classic big game rifles: .405 Lever Action Rifle, .45-70 Buffalo Rifle
- Category III - Classic bows: Cable-backed Bow, Longbow
- Category IV - Classic shotguns: 10 GA Lever Action Shotgun, 12 GA Single Shot Shotgun, 16 GA Side by Side Shotgun
- Category V - Muzzleloader: .50 Cap Lock Muzzleloader
- Combined normalized score of the ten animals of each team, the highest final score wins.
- Scores will be normalized (highest competition entry for each species = 100).
- Animals (except canada goose and cottontail rabbit) killed with a heart or lung shot will award a 5% bonus to the normalized score. (Either the heart or at least one lung must be hit, other organs may be hit too).
- A canada goose or a cottontail rabbit that was killed with a bow will award a 5% bonus to the normalized score.
- Non-typcial whitetails are not eligible for the competition
- There can be infinite entry submissions ("improvements") per species and team, but only the last submitted animal of each species/team counts for the final leaderboard.
- One shot kills only.
- The canada goose has to be shot airborne.
- Each player of the team needs to contribute at least three animals to the final score.
- Each of the five weapon categories (see above) needs to be used at least once per team on the final leaderboard. Make sure that your team owns at least one weapon of each category!
- Hunts must begin after the comp starts, and end before the comp ends.
- Hunts/Scoresheets must be submitted within 24 hours of hunt ending (no sandbagging).
- Hunts must be at least 30 minutes real time (1 game hour). Furthermore, if any participant is found to be blatantly spawn mashing, UHC Apps reserve the right to disqualify this participant from the competition and all future competitions hosted by UHC Apps.
- Both SP and MP games are allowed. (See the additional rules for MP games below)
Joining a MP server that has previously been scouted for trophy animals by other hunters is considered unsportsmanlike behavior and a violation of the competition rules. Only team partners are exempt from this rule. In case of a violation, UHC Apps reserve the right to disqualify a participant from the competition and all future competitions hosted by UHC Apps.
In order to monitor the adherence to this rule, whenever a player submits an animal from a multiplayer game, aspects of this hunt and the server host's hunt history will be checked by the system.
Registration - REGISTER HERE / JOIN UHC HERE
Registration is required prior to beginning a hunt from which scores are submitted. Participants can register right up until the end of the competition.
One person from each team (The "team captain") should create a team & invite the other player. If you are not your team captain, skip this step. Click "Enroll in this competition", but don't create a team or invite anyone.
The teammate will receive a message on UHC, and be able to accept or decline the invitation.
If you have a pending invitation, either the captain or the teammate, you will not be able to invite anyone else until that invitation has been answered.
In order to participate in this competition, you need to be a member of UHC Apps. Membership is free and the site offers a lot of good content - competitions, missions, prize draws, statistics and more. Please support me by joining UHC Apps via my referral link - JOIN UHC HERE
Scoresheet - SCORESHEET HERE
Participants must submit their competition entries using the scoresheet. Submissions are individual scoresheets, not hunt summaries (expeditions).
Leaderboard - LIVE LEADERBOARD HERE
The leaderboards for this competition will be updated in real time. Please use the link above to keep track of the competition.
1st place: 1500 em$ for each player of the team
2nd place: 1000 em$ for each player of the team
3rd place: 500 em$ for each player of the team
Novelty high resolution trophies (unofficial trophies which do not appear on theHunter website) will be issued to the top three finishers. These trophies were created by UHC site owner caledonianblues and will bear the winners' names. Click on the spoiler tag to see a preview (with my name as an example).
Bonus prize I: Pistol Smoke!
The highest scoring team that uses ten different weapons (as seen on the final leaderboard) will win two brand new .50 Inline Muzzleloading Pistols. If none of the teams used ten different weapons at the end of the competition, then the highest scoring team using nine different weapons will win this prize (and so on). If one of the winners already owns the pistol, it will be awarded to the next placed player/team.
Bonus prize II: Smoked Bear!
The longest heart shot on a grizzly bear with the .50 Cap Lock Muzzleloader will win a bonus of 1000 em$ for both members of the team. The bear needs to be on the competition leaderboard at the end of the competition and the team must be in the top ten.
Super secret bonus prize!
The super secret bonus prize of 1000 em$ can be won by any team that tries its luck at the grizzly bear heart shot with the Cap Lock (see above). Its objectives won't be given away, just one hint: Make sure you get into the spirit of the comp, and don't forget to take your souvenir pictures!
Please feel free to ask on this forum thread, or send me a private message.
Errors & Bugs
If you find an error in this thread, or a bug with the competition system, please send me a private message.
I reserve the right to modify the rules and terms of this competition at any time between the date and time of this post, and the start of the competition. I also reserve the right to cancel this competition at any time.
UHC and competition hosts reserve the right to disqualify any participant at their discretion for any reason, including but not limited to: cheating, unsportsmanlike conduct, harassment, et. al.
Discrepancies & ambiguities in the rules or scoring site will be addressed by UHC or the competition host as expediently as possible.