Community Competition Guidelines.

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Community Competition Guidelines.

Post by TreeKiwi »

Here are the guidelines regarding the hosting, sponsorship and advertising of community competitions:
  • Requests for the sponsorship of competitions are allowed, but only in the approved thread which can be found HERE. Outside of this thread, users must not ask for sponsorship anywhere else in the forum or moderation action will follow.
  • Promotion and advertising of community competitions on the forum must only take place within the corresponding competition thread. For example, if user 'X' wants to host a competition, he or she should create a thread in the competition sub-forum with details of the competition. All information, site links and artwork should remain in the aforementioned thread. User 'X' must not contact users via the forum or launcher/website messaging system as a means to further promote the competition or solicit participation, since this breaches our forum rules under the 'Spam' section, and our game's general Terms & Conditions.
  • A competition host may setup a competition however he/she wants and as long as it in no way contradicts the game's values, then he/she is entitled to pick whichever rules and regulations he/she deems appropriate. Nobody is obligated to participate in any competition and if the rules do not fit your play style it is recommended that you do not participate. Hosts can still ask for feedback.
  • This set of guidelines is a live document, meaning it can be updated or edited as needed to ensure peace and order is maintained. We thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding on this matter.
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Re: Community Competition Guidelines.

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Good stuff TK!!!
Spoiler:
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

Now everything should be clear. Thank you, Matt! :)
Spoiler:

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Thank you for setting us clear, TK. Much appreciated. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
NASTY

Post by NASTY »

so. is there some trick to competitions? everytime I enter and hunt, it never posts a score? what am I missing?
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

NASTY wrote:so. is there some trick to competitions? everytime I enter and hunt, it never posts a score? what am I missing?
There are different kids of competitions.

There are the "in game" ones that you have to click 'join' to enter. When you do that, you'll see your position in them once you've completed a hunt/hunts that will qualify you. If you join any of those, your hunts are entered automatically.

There are also competitions held in this forum. With these, you have to add a post to that thread including your expedition/animal info and links to them as described in that comp's RoE (Rules of Engagement).

Lastly, there used to be a website where people could create comps, and people could enter by uploading a link to their expedition. If I ever get my act together, maybe there will be something similar to that again someday... :roll:

Return to “Competitions”