LIGHT PREY | 3500 em$

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
leafman1
Scout

Re: LIGHT PREY | 3500 em$

Post by leafman1 »

I have to agree with DYEUZ,i think that that rule really stops you from having any real fun hunting in that reserve as it is so open and to have to watch how much you walk (no running) really hinders you.Nice commp but don't think they will be for me either unless that rule gets changed.Good luck to all who stay and compete.
Ak76
Spotter

Post by Ak76 »

DYEUZ wrote:@ Ak76 ... Traditional, meaning it will stay for all your comps ?! Well , Never seen that kind of ruling in any comps and even in real life comps .
It prevents me anyway from doing my own thing , making my own hunts like i normally do them . I need to check my km more than the tracks i'm following .
Just walking upright and i do 2500@2600m in 1hr. Especially a reserve like WRR .
I will have tried it anyway , without knowing how it is . But they will not be for me .
Couple , few i should say, said it out loud that they don't like this rule either . But i can tell you that many don't and will not say it openly . !

Also, if you take the time to check couple players's hunts , you'll see some huge gap of time , between harvests , in their stats , 1hr + ( 2 hrs ingame + ) , meaning that they have no choice to wait somewhere for the time to catch up to the km walked . Of course , they can say they let the game open and went to eat , duhhh. This to me is an unethical hunting behavior .

Understand that this is not a personal issue , its just that rule that , imo, handcuffs the players .

Good luck in the future .
If I do not like something in the competition, I just do not participate, right? ;)
What is missing in the game is the endurance indicator.
This rule is an attempt to make the game more rally.
Have you tried running on real hunt?
Regards,
{ Sorry my English }
«Sometimes you have to lose the battle to win the war» (Napoleon Bonaparte, 1812)
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

The distant travel rule is a bit uninviting, but, it is still an all right comp. The thing I find most unnerving is the max 4hr hunt time. Man, I can't find anything small in that amount of time. There should've been a minimum for sure, but a max hunt time, I dunno... distance travel too, I guess is a new type of rule that I've only seen here, I don't get it but, if I understand it right we have to walk 4km and hour or is that only if we hunt the max allowed 4 hrs? Either way- it is jus a comp, and the ROE is the law. So we have to abide by it, jus' like all other ROE's. Those two rules tho' do kind of throw a twist into how some of us usually hunt, but then again, that is what community comps are all about. Competition. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Ak76
Spotter

Post by Ak76 »

leafman1 wrote:I have to agree with DYEUZ,i think that that rule really stops you from having any real fun hunting in that reserve as it is so open and to have to watch how much you walk (no running) really hinders you.Nice commp but don't think they will be for me either unless that rule gets changed.Good luck to all who stay and compete.
Competitions always reveal those who can, want and fight to the last despite all the difficulties and the rest ;)
Regards,
{ Sorry my English }
«Sometimes you have to lose the battle to win the war» (Napoleon Bonaparte, 1812)
leafman1
Scout

Post by leafman1 »

lol
Ak76
Spotter

Post by Ak76 »

I will definitely take into account the wishes of those athletes who like to run.
And I will do one of the competitions with a minimum speed of 15 km/h.
Thanks for the idea :)
Regards,
{ Sorry my English }
JK_ElkHunter
Outfitter

Post by JK_ElkHunter »

DYEUZ wrote: *It prevents me anyway from doing my own thing , making my own hunts like i normally do them . I need to check my km more than the tracks i'm following

*Especially a reserve like WRR .
Pretty much summarizes my experience in this competition.

Ak76 wrote:I will definitely take into account the wishes of those athletes who like to run.
And I will do one of the competitions with a minimum speed of 15 km/h.
Thanks for the idea :)

I don't know if you're joking or not, I hope you are.

This "rule" of having less than 4km an hour is 1d1otic , ESPECIALLY in a reserve like Whiterime Ridge that is completely open and you have to always be on the move, no one uses treestand or towers to hunt for a polar bear (okay there might be that one guy :P ). I'm still going to attempt it, all I'm saying is that for me it takes a huge part of the fun of competing because it really does not seem like a rule, it seems more of like a handicap not being able to have a distance more than 4km/h, with around more than half of the time focusing on my steps instead of the animal's steps.
Spoiler:

DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

@ AK76 ... You are missing the point friend . Mocking the players that don't like that rule for ever reason , don't make them runners .
I don't like it and i'm not a runner . I just don't see why you want to limit the players to distances / km per hour . We have ,imo, enough of the 1hr minimum and 4 hrs maximum ,to add also walking restrictions .
I just can't see myself , crouch for 1hr real time in WRR to have a hunt legit . You can be , easily , 1000m without seeing a soul on that reserve . Also , waiting on a rock for the time to pass because i went to far vs. the time , is bizarre . I know , its only a game ! I know , i just need to not participate then !

You do what you want of course , and i'm not saying that your idea for your comp aint good, au contraire , but you might expect some opinions , positive or negative , for your first hosted comp .
You need to see these opinions / critics in a positive way and build / learn from them . Have a look around that '' competition '' section for past comps from BCKidd / Foxtrotter / Marc and others and you'll see and understand what we mean .

Keep the faith and the good work .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Ak76
Spotter

Post by Ak76 »

Thank you all for your recommendations.
I will analyze them all after the end of the competition.
I do not see complaints from the leaders, only from those who surrendered.
Regards,
{ Sorry my English }
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Wow AK76 , you did not like our opinions at all i see !! I'm still trying to better , i mean lower my scores mate . I aint no quiter .
Maybe the leaders are to busy counting their km !

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Return to “Competitions”