Summer Ironman Seasonal

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Foxtrotter
Scout

Summer Ironman Seasonal

Post by Foxtrotter »

Summer Seasonal Ironman [Official Announcement]

As I sit back and look at the Spring we've had and the approaching Summer, I can't help but smile at all of the activity that's happened and going to be taking place. BCKidd has had some really great competitions recently with one more on the docket for August and others under development. TreeKiwi had a very unique competition with Billy Goats Gruff. I wish I'd have had more time to participate in that one as it was really successful and a first of its kind. Going back to May with the Photo-Op Giveaway that I hosted, there were many hunters from the community that submitted some spectacular and really quite creative shots. I wish I could have given out more prizes for that one. I think however, more importantly, the active community seems to have expanded some. We've all seen some new names on the leaderboards and I'd like to say "Welcome". Now Dyeuz is going to be hosting his first competition in recent years, "Perfect Rock" on June 28th with another huge competition that he is keeping under wraps for now to be released in the near future, hopefully. I can't wait. With the new UHC App (a huge thank you again to David and Tod for getting this great tool out for the community to utilize), I think they will run very smooth for him and all participants. Good luck, D and welcome back to the creation side of the competitions. Starting in late June and running into Mid-July, Whiteout Hunting is hosting a massive competition as they celebrate their 6th Anniversary. Congrats to all Whiteout members. They've been kind enough to open their doors to the public for this one so I suggest we all take advantage of that and get some experience in with these guys.

Finally, the second of five installments of my Ironman Series comes to you as the "Summer Ironman Seasonal", where participants will need to grab up their tree stands / tripod stands and select their favorite bow for a 5 reserve Whitetail hunt lasting 9 days including 2 weekends. Dates are from July 27th through August 6th. Included is a 6,500 EM prize pool and 8 invites to the Ironman Seasonal Year-End Finale, which is a huge tournament that I'll be hosting towards at the end of the year where the "Ironman of the Year" and "Community Huntsman of the Year" will be awarded and trophies will finally be awarded respectively.

Registration will be available via UHC Apps at http://www.uhcapps.co.uk/

The basic ironman rules apply to this seasonal event.
No Scopes (yes you can use a bow with factory pins)
1 shot kills
Heart and or lung(s) or brain must be hit and scored as "hit" on the B&C Score Sheet for the animal

Additionally, in this competition, the hunter must shoot the animal with a bow (no crossbows) from either a tree stand or tripod stand.
2 submissions per reserve (only the highest will count)
No min or max shooting distance
No attempt limit
Minimum hunt duration of 30 minutes real time (1 hour in game)
All submissions must be entered within 30 minutes 2 hours* of the hunt ending
No Cheating! That goes for sandbagging, spawn mashing, etc., etc.
This comp can be completed in SP or MP as it really won't effect the end results.

Scoring will be based on the total of your highest scoring submission per reserve

Good luck and happy hunting. I hope to see you guys out there.
Last edited by Tod1d on July 27th, 2017, 9:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: * changed to 2 hours due to lag in hunt & animal data updating.
Returning Soon!
THE IRONMAN SEASONAL SERIES COMPETITIONS

Brought to you by Foxtrotter and http://www.UHCapps.co.uk
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Re: Summer Ironman Seasonal

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Define 'vital organ', please. Thank you.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Wish I could participate! But I will be in Croatia sorry! Good luck to all :)
Foxtrotter
Scout

Post by Foxtrotter »

Vital Organ: Right or Left Lung or Heart. Or Brain if you're feeling ballzy
Returning Soon!

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Well, I ain't never shot a thing from a TS- ever- not when I hunted as a young'n', irl or in the game. Guess I best buy one for this comp. I'll do my best. Thanks for puttin' this on, FT. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Nice competition, thanks Darryl!
BCKidd wrote:Guess I best buy one for this comp. I'll do my best. Thanks for puttin' this on, FT. ;)
Word of advice: Once you have one, you'll love it and you'll want to place them everywhere. And suddenly you'll have to buy 150 or so. Don't say you haven't been warned!!!
Image Image Image
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Could any red organs be considered vital in your comp ?
Or is it only : lungs, heart , brain ?
Asking , because , liver ,stomach , intestines are considered vital for many . Most animals don't survive long with a liver shot .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Way I read it- Got to be RED on the animal in the hunt summary. If it's red it's dead!
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Foxtrotter
Scout

Post by Foxtrotter »

Ironman rules should read "heart or lungs", as it is a general rule that will apply to all ironman competitions. I would also accept a brain shot but that's pretty risky on a potential submission.
I am going to change the OP to read lungs (at least 1) and / or heart. I dont want to see intestine shots in later rifle comps.

OP has been edited to reflect this change. Thanks for pointing that one out guys.
Returning Soon!

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Nice competition, thanks Darryl!
BCKidd wrote:Guess I best buy one for this comp. I'll do my best. Thanks for puttin' this on, FT. ;)
Word of advice: Once you have one, you'll love it and you'll want to place them everywhere. And suddenly you'll have to buy 150 or so. Don't say you haven't been warned!!!
That is the problem... I'm so old school- hike, stalk, track & FIRE! Hopefully you get a critter to put in the freezer. :lol: :lol: Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.

Return to “Competitions”