Generalkommendant wrote:Would it be much work for EW to state the fur variation in the in-game harvest sheet? I really can't see why this hasn't been implemented already because for me, as an observer, it seems it'd be very easy(?).
It probably wouldn't be a huge job, but there are countless examples of things that probably wouldn't be a huge job to implement, until you start looking at them in more detail. Someone first has to decide that showing the fur variation on the harvest screen is a priority and then it will get put on the roadmap and passed to a developer. So if I were to put my producer hat on and play devil's advocate, I would ask you these questions:
- Is this is a bug? If yes, can it be reproduced? Is the underlying cause known? How serious is it on a scale of 1-10 and is it resulting in game-breaking crashes?
- If it's a feature request how long will it take to implement, and is this something we can monetise?
- Will this feature or bug fix require testing? If so, how much?
If we take the fur variation example, here are the answers:
- No, it's not a bug.
- It's a feature request which I suspect someone would need to spend time looking at before being able to give an accurate timescale to implement. It could not realistically be monetised without generating disapproval and negative feedback.
- Yes, it would require a small amount of testing with examples of one of each texture.
So then you have to decide how it ranks in comparison to the Whiterime Ridge issues that are causing a lot of people grief, the launcher problems that cause frustration and probably turn new players away from the game, and other bugs which aren't game-breaking but are definitely bugs rather than feature requests, such as people not receiving rewards for competitions, people receiving the wrong trophies in competitions, dogs not showing in mutiplayer, not being able to harvest random animals, weird bugged scores appearing on the leaderboards, etc.
Like I said, I'm playing devil's advocate. I too think the fur variation should be shown on the harvest screen since it would probably promote more taxidermy sales. I just don't think it's even on their radar because it's not a bug and it really isn't a priority in the grand scheme of things.