UHC Apps | Competition Hosting

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: UHC Apps | Competition Generator

Post by caledonianblues »

We're already thinking about how to implement this Marc. There's a bit of work to be done before we have something like this but it's definitely on the cards for the not-too-distant future.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

UPDATE

Complete:
  • all static image icons replaced with Font Awesome CSS icons
  • new functions added for improved competition rule flexibility
  • CSS improvements
  • functionality for banning participants from all UHC-hosted apps
  • code streamlining to enable faster competition setup and configuration
Note: not all of the above improvements will affect competitions that are already in progress, or that have previous been configured

In progress:
  • database structure improvements
  • global login via UHC Apps website
  • support for multiplayer competitions
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Right on! That is awesome, Caledonian! Thanks for such. 8-) Peace.

BCKidd

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

UPDATE

Complete:
Any competitions that are running at the moment will redirect automatically. No action is required by competition hosts or participants. All future competitions will have a http://www.uhcapps.co.uk path.
Foxtrotter
Scout

Post by Foxtrotter »

The UHC App keeps on getting better and better guys. I'm really happy to see that the Global Login is under development. May I add another feature request that would work well with this? "Previous Competition Standings", even if its just a snap shot though a table would be better.

I am requesting this for a particular reason and not just because of bragging rights (not that I have much to brag about... yet!). As life happens for all of us, mine is going to become particularly busy for the next 20 months as I am heading back to school for Natural Resources Management Technology so I may work for the Canadian Department of Sustainable Resources. This means that I'll have less time to host community competitions, however I still want to contribute to the hosting and prize awards side of things.

By being able to track, view and manage competitions of past, present and future I would be able to create a points system on my end using a simple spreadsheet where I can import data from UHC Apps for the 2018 and 2019 years.
I've put a lot of thought into this and quite honestly it looks a lot like the NASCAR points system for anybody who is familiar with it. For those that aren't familiar it looks a little like this:

43 cars in the race.
Race winner gets 43 points for being in first place and 1 point for the win.
2nd place gets 42 points
3rd place gets 41 points
And so on until 43rd place gets 1 point.
Registrants that do not participate get no points.
Non-registrants get no points

From January 1st 2018 through December 31st 2016 a hunter will gain points based on the number of participants and where they place in any given competition that is labeled "Open To Public". At the end of which time I will be giving out a Champions Trophy and Membership based prizes. It's also a way for us to track how we stand in an overall way against our rivals. Let the points standings back up the healthy trash talk and let the points race being.

This is currently just a concept as I know next year I won't be hosting much, if anything at all.
Returning Soon!
THE IRONMAN SEASONAL SERIES COMPETITIONS

Brought to you by Foxtrotter and http://www.UHCapps.co.uk
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

@ David ... thx for the update .
@ Darryl ... Is this for your comps only ? or all comps presented on the UHC ? Other hosts ?

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Foxtrotter
Scout

Post by Foxtrotter »

:evil:
DYEUZ wrote:@ David ... thx for the update .
@ Darryl ... Is this for your comps only ? or all comps presented on the UHC ? Other hosts ?
ALL comps labeled as "open to public"
Returning Soon!
THE IRONMAN SEASONAL SERIES COMPETITIONS

Brought to you by Foxtrotter and http://www.UHCapps.co.uk
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

We already also plan to list past competitions leaderboards. For now, the leaderboards are still there, you just need to remember the link. You can look in your history, or the hosts topic on the forum.

We've also talked a bit about a point system where people could earn prizes, or an overall leaderboard kind of thing.

Of course, everything is subject to the availability of the programmers. :)

We're still working on the Attempts code, and the global logins. And behind the scenes we're working on implementing source/version control.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

I'm making a change to the standard default sandbagging time. It will now be "Hunts/scores must be submitted within 90 minutes of the hunt ending."

The reason for this is with the distributed servers & network wizardry, some people are experiencing long delays in hunts updating.
I've been informed that the distributed updates run on a 1 hour schedule. Meaning it could take up to an hour for a hunt to update on the website.

Hopefully, 90 minutes should give everyone ample time to get their scores submitted.

It seems starting a new hunt, or using ALT-F4 to end your hunt, rather than quitting through the menu can somehow force the website to update quicker.
I would recommend using ALT-F4 to end your hunts until further notice.

Be Well
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Thx for this new info .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Return to “Competitions”