UHC Apps | Competition Hosting

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
J_Birdman
Hunter

Re: UHC Apps | Competition Generator

Post by J_Birdman »

Thanks for all the info, David. And wow that Profile Page feature looks sweet, I can't wait. :shock:
Stealthhunter
Tracker

Post by Stealthhunter »

Nice update looking forward to new profile page upgrade.
Don't know if this is possible but was wondering if you could add your own recording feature to the site, so you can record your hunts with out having to download another app like fraps?
Please click this link if you are interested in joining up to the UHCapps site. You can win prizes and earn points to get em on the UHCapps
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Stealthhunter wrote:Don't know if this is possible but was wondering if you could add your own recording feature to the site, so you can record your hunts with out having to download another app like fraps?
No, that's not possible. A remote server can't record video footage of what's happening on your local machine. Even if it was possible, it's not something we would ever consider doing. The storage and bandwidth consumption alone would be out of this world, never mind the compute power.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Unfortunately we need to carry out some essential server maintenance tomorrow morning. I apologise in advance for the inconvenience.

Please see the update here.

Thanks.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Nice! I haven't spent much time browsing all the new thingamabobs etc., but hey- it is all progress in work. Thanks for all you do UHC! I really like the idea of a UHC Holding Account for host to send in their Gift Codes. That way if a host has a life problem or 'puter crash the winning participants are taken care of, with Gift Codes bought by the host. Two thumbs up to that. ;) 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Nockedup
Hunter

Post by Nockedup »

caledonianblues wrote:Unfortunately we need to carry out some essential server maintenance tomorrow morning. I apologise in advance for the inconvenience.

Please see the update here.

Thanks.
During this update, is it possible that we might run into problems entering hunt expeditions for competitions that are in progress?
Current Season Stats
Spoiler:
Nockedup's Twitch Channel

"Difficult doesn't mean impossible. It simply means that you have to work hard" ~ Theodore Roosevelt
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Nockedup wrote:During this update, is it possible that we might run into problems entering hunt expeditions for competitions that are in progress?
Yes, the entire site is "at risk". Although, I'm trying to find a way to do the maintenance without impacting the service. Right now it's still live and unaffected.
Nockedup
Hunter

Post by Nockedup »

Ok, thanks David.
Current Season Stats
Spoiler:
Nockedup's Twitch Channel

"Difficult doesn't mean impossible. It simply means that you have to work hard" ~ Theodore Roosevelt
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

I really like the new hosting terms and conditions! I think it will pretty much eliminate the chances of things like pizes not getting awarded to winners etc

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

I found a way to carry out the server maintenance without impacting live service, so there will be no disruptions.

Return to “Competitions”